Victoria & Alberts.....views?

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Original Poster
Planning my honeymoon trip/ 1st anniversary. I am thinking of booking V & A for our actual anniversary night.

I've heard great reviews and a couple of not so great ones. Living in London I am quite privileged with the restaurants that I have been too, so this has to be extra special.

Any views or suggestions will be great x x x

foreverbelle

Well my view:

We loved it. My husband and I booked this for our own anniversary (2nd) last year and had a fabulous time. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was gorgeous and we just overall enjoyed ourselves. Yes it is quite pricey but we figured it is one of those places you do once in a lifetime sort of thing. Besides we loved the fact that we got to keep the personalized menu's....

PoohBear119

DH and I have dined at V&A's 4 times. We absolutely love it. The food is always wonderful and I recommend springing for the wine pairings as well. If you can afford it, go for it! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would think that negative comments are few and far between.

We have loved each visit to V&A's with new surprises each time. We have not had the opportunity to get the chef's table but hope to do that on some future visit.

The environment is warm and inviting, harp music in the background, very knowledgible and attentive (but never interrupting) wait staff and food that is simply wonderful. I would also suggest the wine pairings.

In doing this for a special event, information will be taken from you when making your reservations that adds an additional nice touch to the evening.

While the menu is constantly changing, you can find some examples here:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Victoria-and-Alberts.htm
http://allears.net/menu/menu_va.htm#011909

durangojim

My wife and I have dined there twice. First was the evening we became engaged. Second was for our fifth anniversary. Both were wonderful experiences and the food and service was superb. You will have a wonderful time.

Tommye1078

I am a Executive Chef of fine dining restaurant in Chicago. I have also eaten at many very respected restaurants one of my favorites is Joel Robuchon. That being said I would put V & A in my top 5 list. I isn't ground breaking like The Fat Duck or El Bulli but the food is great and executed perfectly.

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Original Poster
I am a Executive Chef of fine dining restaurant in Chicago. I have also eaten at many very respected restaurants one of my favorites is Joel Robuchon. That being said I would put V & A in my top 5 list. I isn't ground breaking like The Fat Duck or El Bulli but the food is great and executed perfectly.

Thank you Tommy, great advice. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of "The Fat Duck". :)

Thank you for your replies guys. I think i will go ahead and book it :) I am always so surprised at how kind you all are with your advice, you are all so lovely! ClemsonTigger those menus look amazing!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Depending on how long you are going to be staying, there are some other truly superior restaurants for you to consider, California Grill, Narcoossee's, Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Artist Point, Flying Fish....

Let us know how you make out...and if you need any other suggestions

Disneybird

I think we are going to give our daughter and son-in-law a meal there as a Christmas present this year.

Just curious though, at one time all the waiters and waitresses that worked at V & A, had the name Victoria or Albert. Does this still hold true?

raugust

Great Choice

If you have already booked, you won't regret it. If you are still waiting, do it already. I can think of no more perfect place for your honeymoon dinner. Congrats and many decades of happiness!! :sohappy:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I think we are going to give our daughter and son-in-law a meal there as a Christmas present this year.

Just curious though, at one time all the waiters and waitresses that worked at V & A, had the name Victoria or Albert. Does this still hold true?

No, that little touch was dropped a few years back. You still are tended to by a woman/man team. Possibly it ended up being a little difficult to ID the staff.

What would you do if you wanted to send a nice note about your experience and all you could do is say your servers were V&A... :shrug:

PS...what do I have to do to get on your Christmas list? :lol:

The California Grill is a must!

It is classy and offers a wide range of food. Ive been to Disney almost 30 times and go here at least 2-3 times while at Disney. You should go before the fireworks so you can go out on the observation deck and really enjoy the show. The staff is amazing and the barkeeps like Dennis, Raye and Lori are a pleasure to banter with over some flat bread and a cocktail of your choosing. Victoria and Alberts is very nice, being at the Grand Floridian in itself offers a different atmosphere all together. The band is great and Mizner's Lounge is the perfect way to end fun day in the park.

I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip to the #1 vacation spot on earth.

durangojim

No, that little touch was dropped a few years back. You still are tended to by a woman/man team. Possibly it ended up being a little difficult to ID the staff.

What would you do if you wanted to send a nice note about your experience and all you could do is say your servers were V&A... :shrug:

My wife and I dined there the night we became engaged. For years my wife thought that the Victoria and Albert served us this evening. It broke my heart when she finally realized all the servers had those names. When we ate there again on our 5th anniverary (two years ago), the servers had their own names on their badges. Now she just laughs about it and thinks she was so naive, but that night it just added to the magic.

Sloan

fine choice

I see that you already said that you were going to book a table @ V&A, and I just want so say that I also agree that is a good decision. While it is undeniably quite expensive, it is an excellent dining experience that is unlikely to disappoint. It should be ideal for an anniversary dinner - enjoy it!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
My wife and I dined there the night we became engaged. For years my wife thought that the Victoria and Albert served us this evening. It broke my heart when she finally realized all the servers had those names. When we ate there again on our 5th anniverary (two years ago), the servers had their own names on their badges. Now she just laughs about it and thinks she was so naive, but that night it just added to the magic.

Well, if it makes her feel any better, that is what the story IS supposed to be.

Disneybird

:lol: Let's just say my daughters get a little spoiled at Christmas time.

We'll all be at WDW the 1st week of January and my husband and I will celebrate our anniversay that week. I tried to think of somewhere special for us to go, and V & A's came to mind then too. And then I thought, "Wait, I can't afford that" :eek: I can see us doing this for our daughter and son-in-law but not for us.

For our other daughter and her fiance', I think we are going to buy them Circue de Soleil tickets and something else. She's not interested in V & A's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom