Vibe or Edge for a 14 Year Old?

Disney Lover Addie

Original Poster
Hello all, I will be going on a Disney cruise to Alaska and since I have a niece who is 14 coming, I was wondering if Vibe or Edge would be better? Edge is 10-14 and Vibe is 14-17. Thanks all for helping :)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Hello all, I will be going on a Disney cruise to Alaska and since I have a niece who is 14 coming, I was wondering if Vibe or Edge would be better? Edge is 10-14 and Vibe is 14-17. Thanks all for helping :)
I guess it depends on her personality and tastes. Maybe you could do some research on the activities provided on each venue and ask her about them. Another thing to consider could be if she feels more comfortable with younger or older pals.

We took a Disney Cruise with my then 17 year old younger brother and he thought Vibe was "too childlike" for him (?). He ended up hanging with us more. Oh well! 😄
Either way, I'm pretty sure you'll have a great time on your cruise!

Zebsterama

She can definitely try both and then decide - make sure you register her early (go to both) once you get on the boat.

My daughter went through the same situation on our last cruise. The CMs are accommodating; it really depends on the individuals comfort and maturity.

My only suggestion, try not to push her in either direction.

Have fun

DCLcruiser

At 16, I went on my first DCL and I spent a lot of time at Common Grounds (Magic's old Teen spot), and it was a great experience. I would think at 14 she would want to be with High School age teens, like at home. 10-13 would be middle school age kids, and really a less exciting or memorable experience. After the cruise I still talked to a lot of the people I made friends with (thanks AIM back in the day).

DisneyLover

In the Parks
No
Not sure if this is still relevant to you, but I know at 14, I preferred Edge over Vibe. I found the older the teen, the more likely they had friends of their own already, and they were less likely to invite you to join. Edge had a more laid-back and open; I made a few good friends there that I still keep in touch with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom