Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria Questions

Phonedave

Yeah, her statement might be the most insane comment this board has ever seen...

I can understand it. There are pleny of pizza places in and around NYC doing "NYC style" pies - which are nothing like the Italian ones. Just as there are plently of "red sauce" places that are not like Italian food.

But that is not to say that there are not pleny of places around NYC that do excellent pizza. Now I think I need to go get some of the leftover pizza I made on Sunday on my grill out of the fridge.

-dave

mj2v

I made the mistake of going to a place (not in NY) that advertised NY style pizza. I had to advise the owner that he copied the wrong place in NY.

Even in Italy you can get bad pizza. Certainly in NY there are many awful pizza places.

I consider myself a pizza snob. I like via Napoli. Never had a bad meal there. Service, not so much. About the same as I received in Italy.

BuddyThomas

I'll admit that I am slightly obsessed, but I just do not understand the topping distribution at this place. Legit question because I do not know - Is this how they do it in Napoli? Just fling the toppings on randomly and let them splat where they land? If one portion of the pizza gets no toppings, oh well! A bunch of online pics confirm that it wasn't just my pie:

ham pie.jpg

This looks like a personal pizza, but I hope the person who ordered it wanted to eat a big clump of mushrooms on the right hand slice, and only one tiny one on the left hand slice.

pepperoni slice.jpg

I mean...............what can you say?

olive pie.jpg

This one doesn't actually look that terrible until you realize that the poor sucker who gets the slice at center-bottom is going to get like two olives and three small pieces of meat. And look at that big clump of sausage in the slice immediately left of center.

Well at least they are consistent in poorly topping a pizza. I guess there is one solution. Just get a plain pie. ;)

macefamily

We hit Via Napoli every time we're at Epcot. Love it. Calamari, cured sausage and provolone to start the meal....a nice glass of red wine and a broccolini pizza. Finish it off with a flight of the Italian beers. Heading down next week to visit my daughter. I'm not sure if we'll hit a few Food and Wine booths or if we go to Via Napoli; a tough decision.

lostpro9het

Oh boy! We're playing VN Toppings Roulette again! Here is a gem from or last, and final, visit to VN, a large pie with pepperoni and sausage....but wait....whats missing from over half of the pie!?!?
20150506_201403.jpg

eliza61nyc

Ok I do have a question. why are you guys comparing ANY wdw restaurant with a big city restaurant.? seriously? Born and raised Harlem New Yorker and never would I even think that any food coming out of a theme park is going to compare.

Do you also think the food in Mexico or England are as good as in London? Ok I've lived in Paris and yes I do enjoy the food in the France pavilion but humm no it is not as good as what I get when I go to Paris. And now that I live in Philadelphia I can tell you that no disney Italian place lives up to Restaurant Pesto in South Philly or any place in the Italian market. lol

Most WDW restaurants are maybe 1 step up from chain quality especially in the parks.

I like via Napoli, is it like NYC pizza ?? uhmmm no it's not but then I don't expect it to be. Is it good? sure. If you want the best NYC pizza or the best NYC cheesecake please visit my wonderful hometown. now as far as toppings, we have sent one back because the toppings were shall we say skimpy. not a big problem, wait staff apologized and came back with one better prepared.

Phonedave

Ok I do have a question. why are you guys comparing ANY wdw restaurant with a big city restaurant.? seriously? Born and raised Harlem New Yorker and never would I even think that any food coming out of a theme park is going to compare.

Do you also think the food in Mexico or England are as good as in London? Ok I've lived in Paris and yes I do enjoy the food in the France pavilion but humm no it is not as good as what I get when I go to Paris. And now that I live in Philadelphia I can tell you that no disney Italian place lives up to Restaurant Pesto in South Philly or any place in the Italian market. lol

Most WDW restaurants are maybe 1 step up from chain quality especially in the parks.

I like via Napoli, is it like NYC pizza ?? uhmmm no it's not but then I don't expect it to be. Is it good? sure. If you want the best NYC pizza or the best NYC cheesecake please visit my wonderful hometown. now as far as toppings, we have sent one back because the toppings were shall we say skimpy. not a big problem, wait staff apologized and came back with one better prepared.

I have been saying for a long time that WDW restaruants are a step above chain. I still say though that Via Napoli is quite good. Athough I will admit, they do seem to have quite the problem with topping distribution. Maybe that is there "thing" - but I hope not. It seems like it would be something that is very easy to correct.

-dave

Deranged Hermit

To the OP, don't listen the haters, Napoli is awesome. I've been there several times and never had a bad meal. I've sometimes had a problem with the servers though, but that was an isolated incident.

BuddyThomas

All this talk of pizza has driven me to drink, I mean eat a coal fired pizza tonight.

This beauty is hot out of the oven at our local place moments ago - a little spinach, a little fresh tomato and garlic, a little ricotta, and a whole lotta delicious!

The even topping distribution is a bonus. :)

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MomofPrincessGrace

Just my 2 cents, but if you wanted to try some different things on the menu, the individual portions are large enough to share. Me and my sister wanted to try the lasagna and pizza. She ordered the lasagna and I ordered the individual quatro formaggi pizza. I got half of her lasagna an she got half my pizza. We still used two table service credits, but were able to try different things on the menu. I also loved that the kids pizza is huge and comes with dessert. The kid was only able to eat half the pizza and half her ice cream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom