Via Napoli first timer!

Phonedave

They have an appetizer called arancini that's really good.

Honestly, I was not all that thrilled with their arancini. It's good, but I have had much better elsewhere. It was kind of a let down. If you have never had it before, theirs is totally passable, but if you have had it before you might be disappointed.

-dave

Phonedave

I've eaten at most table service restaurants and this and Teppan Edo are the only two that come to mind that I would not revisit. In my opinion, the best Italian food available at any location there is Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk.

Again, I hope your experience is better and you thoroughly enjoy Via Napoli!

I enjoy the pizza at Via Napoli, but I agree about Trattoria al Forno - overall it is better. I also agree about Teppan Edo - that one is off the list for me.

-dave

Hockey89

Honestly, I was not all that thrilled with their arancini. It's good, but I have had much better elsewhere. It was kind of a let down. If you have never had it before, theirs is totally passable, but if you have had it before you might be disappointed.

-dave
correct... It was so average.

markhio

Never been there, I have eaten at Mama Melrose at DHS. Decent food, definitely better than SciFi Diner. Easily accessible and good availability. However, if we are talking about EPCOT (Via Napoli) my favorites are San Angel, Nine Dragons, and Rose and Crown, sitting on the back balcony, watching the fireworks.

DisneyPrincess5

We only ate there once not long after it opened (clearly long ago at this point) and we got a veggie pizza. Where we are from, when you order a veggie pizza you get fresh vegetables. This one has clearly canned, salty, marinated vegetables. So disappointing as I am a fiend for pizza. I hope they’ve changed it to fresh by now. I have seen a multitude of photos of their cheese, pepperoni, and other sorts from Via Napoli and they look absolutely delicious.

Happy birthday and have a great time!

crxbrett

I have plans to go to Via Napoli for my 1st time this summer. I am looking forward to it now after reading lots of good things! Love me some thin crust pizza!

Terrible service. Wicked loud. Terrible pizza. This is the most overrated place at Disney

I may be in the minority, but I actually like very loud and lively restaurants with lots of talking, laughing and noise. Reminds me of growing up with my Italian family's huge Sunday dinners. As a kid and even to this day, loud constant conversations at parties or restaurants lulls me into a relaxed and calm state.

-

BuddyThomas

Make sure to order this!!
image.jpeg

Awwwwww, wait. You can't because they don't serve delicious pizzas like this there. I guess you'll have to settle for something like this:
image.jpeg

Bleccchhhh! No sauce, no flavor. Toppings flung at random on the pie. Some pieces full of toppings, other slices nothing. Never again. Good luck.

Hockey89

I have plans to go to Via Napoli for my 1st time this summer. I am looking forward to it now after reading lots of good things! Love me some thin crust pizza!

I may be in the minority, but I actually like very loud and lively restaurants with lots of talking, laughing and noise. Reminds me of growing up with my Italian family's huge Sunday dinners. As a kid and even to this day, loud constant conversations at parties or restaurants lulls me into a relaxed and calm state.

-
When you can't hear the person across the table from you, I find it a little annoying...

Hockey89

Make sure to order this!!
View attachment 256782
Awwwwww, wait. You can't because they don't serve delicious pizzas like this there. I guess you'll have to settle for something like this:
View attachment 256783
Bleccchhhh! No sauce, no flavor. Toppings flung at random on the pie. Some pieces full of toppings, other slices nothing. Never again. Good luck.
The dough is raw.... How people like this pizza amazes me... It's Dog food

Phonedave

You may be right. I've never had it anywhere else - had never even heard of it before - and it was extremely tasty. But then I have nothing to compare it to.

There is certain arancini that I like and certain that I don't like. Their's is not bad, but I prefer them creamier (they are supposed to be made with leftover risotto) and with peas and cheese but no meat. I can't recall if Via Napoli puts meat in theirs or not. Anyway, the point is, no they are not bad, in fact some people may prefer them, I just have a different preference as to how I like them made. I find Via Napoli's more on the cooked rice side than on the leftover risotto side.

Phonedave

When you can't hear the person across the table from you, I find it a little annoying...

I don't think it's so much the volume in the place, but the echo. There are a lot of hard angular surfaces in that restaurant, and sound bounces all over the place. It is VERY hard to have a conversation in there.

-dave

macefamily

Love that place ! Unfortunately, my last usual visit was interrupted by the Wine and Cheese Festival. I loaded up on the different treats from all of the countries. Via Napoli is my favorite. The personal veggie pizza and a flight of Italian beers was my last order. Of course we always get the charceuttery dish as an appetizer.

Amos1784

Quatro Formaggi with red sauce on the side for dipping is our go to, however we also enjoy the Carcoffi, it is absolutely delicious. I find this restaurant has one of the most divisive fan base since everyone is an expert on pizza (based on region). I'm from Chicago, I have had New York pizza, are they all different YES, but all good, however some are just used to what they get regionally and don't like other styles of pizza which is understandable. Its a fun atmosphere and good value and we have always had great food, ENJOY!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Quatro Formaggi with red sauce on the side for dipping is our go to, however we also enjoy the Carcoffi, it is absolutely delicious. I find this restaurant has one of the most divisive fan base since everyone is an expert on pizza (based on region). I'm from Chicago, I have had New York pizza, are they all different YES, but all good, however some are just used to what they get regionally and don't like other styles of pizza which is understandable. Its a fun atmosphere and good value and we have always had great food, ENJOY!
IM originally from the North, so NY style pizza is what i grew up with, but i recently tried Deep Dish from giordano's when my boss ordered us some frozen from Chicago, and id like to say, where has that been all my life!

Zipadeelady

@Mainahman my suggestion is walk over to II Mulino at the Swan! Via Napoli is good but Mulino is unbelievable. The pizza is outstanding, they'll give you a free appetizer, and you get a free class of limoncello at the end of your meal, which is :hungry:. Plus you get to walk along the Boardwalk on your way there. The only downside is they don't open until 5pm. Give it a try.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom