Veterans Discount???

Todd L

Original Poster
Of course It doesn't dawn on me to ask until after multiple trips. Is there a Veterans Discount for tickets to WDw??

I looked at the site But cant find anything specifically for Vets!!

Thanks everyone!

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I thought the 4-day park hopper Military tickets are available to "active duty and retired" military members and family?
2013 Military Ticket Discount
  • 4-day Magic Your Way ticket with Park Hopper option = $156 each (plus tax)
  • 4 day Magic Your Way ticket with Water Park Fun and More option = $156 each (plus tax)
  • 4 day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More options = $184 each (plus tax)
Terms and Conditions
These tickets must be purchased from 8/17/12 - 09/25/13 and must be used from 10/1/12 - 9/30/13. If tickets are purchased at Shades of Green resort, there is no tax applied.
Eligible member or spouse (but not both) may purchase up to 6 tickets, provided one is used by the purchasing member/spouse. Proper military identification is required.
Tickets are available to active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses.
Both a military member and a spouse are not eligible to purchase the allotted number of tickets.
Blackout dates:
All parks: 12/24/12 - 12/31/12, 03/24/13 - 04/04/13
Magic Kingdom only: 07/04/13

rufio

I thought the 4-day park hopper Military tickets are available to "active duty and retired" military members and family?
  • 4 day Magic Your Way ticket with Water Park Fun and More option = $156 each (plus tax)
  • 4 day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More options = $184 each (plus tax)
Terms and Conditions
These tickets must be purchased from 8/17/12 - 09/25/13 and must be used from 10/1/12 - 9/30/13. If tickets are purchased at Shades of Green resort, there is no tax applied.
Eligible member or spouse (but not both) may purchase up to 6 tickets, provided one is used by the purchasing member/spouse. Proper military identification is required.
Tickets are available to active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses.
Both a military member and a spouse are not eligible to purchase the allotted number of tickets.
Blackout dates:

Not all veterans are retired! ;)

Todd L

Original Poster
Terms and Conditions

Blackout dates:

Yeah But Im just a vet Not Retired from the A.f.

luv

We tried to get retired military ticket for my dad, who is a vet but never voluntarily joined the military. They said No way, Jose!

...and they thanked him for his "valiant" service.

Goofyernmost

We tried to get retired military ticket for my dad, who is a vet but never voluntarily joined the military. They said No way, Jose!

...and they thanked him for his "valiant" service.
I sincerely doubt that whether or not he volunteered for the military has any influence on it. When I went in the service in 1968 there was a very active draft going on, so that is not an unusual situation. However, the discounts are for people that are currently on active duty or those that stayed in for 20 years and retired from military service after that.

Anyone that stayed in the military for 20 years absolutely deserves time at a Disney Park. I would have been in a padded room by now. That was just a joke...no shooting please! :D

Goofyernmost

FIL works on it! If he bought them, could we use them? Or do you need to provide ID?
That I do not know. Sorry! I guess if he has the ability to buy stuff on base, it might work. Is he military? It's been a long time since I was in the military (41 years), things may have changed a lot since then.

luv

I sincerely doubt that whether or not he volunteered for the military or not has any influence on it. When I went in the service in 1968 there was a very active draft going on, so that is not an unusual situation. However, the discounts are for people that are currently on active duty or those that stayed in for 20 years and retired from military service after that.

Anyone that stayed in the military for 20 years absolutely deserves time at a Disney Park. I would have been in a padded room by now. That was just a joke...no shooting please! :D
Thank you for your kind words.

RedDad

Not all veterans are retired! ;)
You know I had never thought about that distinction before...duho_O
My bro-in-law is 11 years in the USAF (and planning to stay through retirement), so we were able to stay at SOG and get those park hoppers with them last year. He's earned every bit of that discount over the last few years.

FIL works on it! If he bought them, could we use them? Or do you need to provide ID?
As I understand it, the ID card holder must be present in order to use the tickets purchased on the base. Up to 6 tickets can be purchased, but one must be used by the ID holder. However, the ID holder can be a military dependant

RedDad

As I understand it, the ID card holder must be present in order to use the tickets purchased on the base. Up to 6 tickets can be purchased, but one must be used by the ID holder. However, the ID holder can be a military dependant
Yes, this was our experience with military discount tickets. My bro in law had to be with us to validate the tickets before we entered the parks for the first time. After that we were good to go.

luv

I hope people read that last sentence!!

The person who is in the military need not be there, just the ID holder (e.g. the wife of a service man. :))

Dasnowz

We used military tickets at Disneyland and our kids were asked for ID the first day when we activated them. Someone with the tickets must have a military ID as policy is to ask to see it and confirm the purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom