Veterans Day Holiday Week

PearlWhiteGT

Looking at planning our very first WDW trip with my wife and daughter who will be turning 18th at that time. She wants to go for her birthday which is the same week of Veterans Day. Would be the week of November 5th - 11th. The 10th is a federal holiday and not sure if that would create more people to visit the park than usual.

My best friend and his family want to join us on the trip but can only go the week of Thanksgiving. From what I have gathered that appears to be a bad time to go due to the amount of people that will be out there. If any of you have any experience of being at the parks during these two different weeks please chime in and let me know your experiences. I would really appreciate any advice that is giving, I definitely want to make this a great trip for my family.

Weather_Lady

Per the crowd calendars, there may be a tiny increase around Veterans Day from Saturday-Monday (we're talking, from a 5 or 6 out of 10, to a 6 or 7) as some locals take advantage of the long weekend, but I wouldn't hesitate to visit then. Many schools will just have had a break in October, and all of them will have a week-long break coming up for Thanksgiving (which will be a much more crowded time at WDW with crowd levels from 7-10 out of 10 daily, and much more challenging to tour, although it is do-able), so Veterans Day weekend is not a time parents are likely to pull their kids out of school for a few extra days to try and make a week-long holiday of it.

If you do opt to brave Thanksgiving week, note that for some reason (and as confirmed by historical crowd calendars), Sunday and Monday (the start of the week) tend to get slammed more than the rest of it, so each day's touring should get a little easier from then on. We once witnessed the incoming Sunday-before-Thanksgiving crowd when we were trying to leave MK as they were all arriving, and it was fearful to behold! Wall-to-wall people extending all the way back to the monorail exit and first line of bus depots, all pressing against us as we fought through like salmon trying to swim upstream...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PearlWhiteGT

Original Poster
Thank you for the info. As of now we're planning on arriving in Orlando on November 4th and leaving on the 10th or 11th. We do want to visit Universal at least one day or two if needed and do at least two Disney parks. Since my daughter is older would love to explore the better adult rides and attractions. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom