Very stupid fastpass + question

jody31

Original Poster
I have a very stupid question regarding fastpass + that I hope someone can help me with
It's only the second time I've used the new fastpass system and I find it confusing
I'm travelling from the UK and my party consists of 8 people , the youngest being Isabella.She will be 3 years old during our vacation and it will be her trip to America and Disney , so that will be very exciting
We will be traveling on the 29th January and staying for 10 nights
I can make fast pass reservations 30 days in advance.....so , does that mean 30 days before the 29th January ( the first day of my vacation) I can make fastpass reservations for the entire vacation, or just for the first day of my vacation and then I have to make the rest of my fastpass reservations in the following days ?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you are staying off-site you can make fastpasses 30 days in advance of January
29 for your first day only. Subsequent days can be booked only one day at a time.

Disney resort guests can book fastpasses 60 days out for length of stay.

clarabellej

I have a very stupid question regarding fastpass + that I hope someone can help me with
It's only the second time I've used the new fastpass system and I find it confusing
I'm travelling from the UK and my party consists of 8 people , the youngest being Isabella.She will be 3 years old during our vacation and it will be her trip to America and Disney , so that will be very exciting
We will be traveling on the 29th January and staying for 10 nights
I can make fast pass reservations 30 days in advance.....so , does that mean 30 days before the 29th January ( the first day of my vacation) I can make fastpass reservations for the entire vacation, or just for the first day of my vacation and then I have to make the rest of my fastpass reservations in the following days ?
Jody, not a stupid question at all.

Here is a link that might help:

http://wdwuntangled.com/fastpass-calculator/

I am counting down to making our FP selections for an upcoming trip in March.

We are resort guests, so will choose ours at the 60 day mark. Also I will choose all our days in one go. Very stressful!

I changed the arrival date for our trip a few times in the planning stages, thereby changing FP selection date.

So I have nightmares about getting the date wrong or forgetting it completely!

You will choose at your 30 day mark and one day at a time.

Fingers crossed for FOP, because I do not want to get up at the crack of dawn/rope drop!!

Not sure what time you will make your selections.

For me. 7 am eastern, a very inconvenient time. Time to be fixing breakfast and school lunches and heading out the door.

When all I really want is to focus on my FP selections!!!!

Good luck!

tpoly88

We are resort guests, so will choose ours at the 60 day mark. Also I will choose all our days in one go. Very stressful!

I changed the arrival date for our trip a few times in the planning stages, thereby changing FP selection date.

Fingers crossed for FOP, because I do not want to get up at the crack of dawn/rope drop!!

For me. 7 am eastern, a very inconvenient time. Time to be fixing breakfast and school lunches and heading out the door.

Good luck!
im also going to ask a stupid fast pass question. im a AP and been using FP since it came out, but now i can never ever get a fastpass for anything good anymore. never for mine train, avatar or toy story ride. no matter how far i go out, even when im staying at a disney resort and get the extended time frame. what am i doing wrong?

Tony the Tigger

im also going to ask a stupid fast pass question. im a AP and been using FP since it came out, but now i can never ever get a fastpass for anything good anymore. never for mine train, avatar or toy story ride. no matter how far i go out, even when im staying at a disney resort and get the extended time frame. what am i doing wrong?

Keep trying, especially when you are on property.

clarabellej

Good luck!
<because I do not want to get up at the crack of dawn/rope drop!!>
I hear ya!! Will be traveling with a teen & I’ll blame not getting up early enough for rope drop on her (wink wink). A good trick to get an FOP FP is to go to your last day first at your 60 day window. I was able to get 3 FOP FPs during our 6 day Spring Break Trip this way!! I blanked out at the beginning out of sheer nervousness and on day 1 there was only a Na’vi. Then I came to my senses and remembered what I was supposed to do. The only draw back (if you call it one) was we had to buy park hopper. Otherwise we’d be at AK for 4 full days out of our 6. This way we’ll visit Pandora and then head out to other parks. I swear by this strategy!!!! Good luck all!

PrincessJasmyn

<because I do not want to get up at the crack of dawn/rope drop!!>
I hear ya!! Will be traveling with a teen & I’ll blame not getting up early enough for rope drop on her (wink wink). A good trick to get an FOP FP is to go to your last day first at your 60 day window. I was able to get 3 FOP FPs during our 6 day Spring Break Trip this way!! I blanked out at the beginning out of sheer nervousness and on day 1 there was only a Na’vi. Then I came to my senses and remembered what I was supposed to do. The only draw back (if you call it one) was we had to buy park hopper. Otherwise we’d be at AK for 4 full days out of our 6. This way we’ll visit Pandora and then head out to other parks. I swear by this strategy!!!! Good luck all!

Do the FoP Fastpasses REALLY go this quick?!
I have us booked in for Animal Kingdom the 1st 2 days of our stay (to hopefully get a fastpass for each Pandora ride - one on each day) but now I am stressed I wont even get a FoP one for the 2nd day!!
I am staying on site in May, so i can book 60days in advance!

Herdman

Do the FoP Fastpasses REALLY go this quick?!
I have us booked in for Animal Kingdom the 1st 2 days of our stay (to hopefully get a fastpass for each Pandora ride - one on each day) but now I am stressed I wont even get a FoP one for the 2nd day!!
I am staying on site in May, so i can book 60days in advance!

I hear that your best bet for a FoP FP is to try at least the 3rd-4th day of your 60+ day window. We are going in May on our 5th full day in the parks in hopes we'll be able to get one.

PrincessJasmyn

I hear that your best bet for a FoP FP is to try at least the 3rd-4th day of your 60+ day window. We are going in May on our 5th full day in the parks in hopes we'll be able to get one.

Oh man, we are only going for 3 days!! Stressful!
Hopefully I can get one for the 2nd day otherwise ill be there for Rope Drop!

This is my current plan so far based around our restaurant bookings.

Attachments

• WDW plan.PNG
    WDW plan.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 187

Tony the Tigger

Oh man, we are only going for 3 days!! Stressful!
Hopefully I can get one for the 2nd day otherwise ill be there for Rope Drop!

This is my current plan so far based around our restaurant bookings.

Deep breath.

If you don't get it on the first morning, that doesn't mean you won't get one. They don't release them all at the same time.

I tried the first morning, didn't get one. Popped back on the site the same afternoon, and against what many people will tell you, got one right away.

Sometimes you get them at the last minute. I often have luck late the night before my park day or early the morning of.

The point is, don't stress. Just try again here and there.

PrincessJasmyn

Deep breath.

If you don't get it on the first morning, that doesn't mean you won't get one. They don't release them all at the same time.

I tried the first morning, didn't get one. Popped back on the site the same afternoon, and against what many people will tell you, got one right away.

Sometimes you get them at the last minute. I often have luck late the night before my park day or early the morning of.

The point is, don't stress. Just try again here and there.

Thanks for the pointers! Ill be checking every chance i get, just in case!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom