Very strange things happening with AP renewals

durangojim

Original Poster
I'm trying to renew my AP, what's strange is that when I go to only renew mine, and not my two kids', it brings up my daughter's pass instead of mine. When I log in to my wife's account to renew hers, it brings up my son's pass even though his pass is associated with my account and not my wife's which has a completely different email address. I've been on the phone with Disney for 30 minutes and they have no idea what is going on and they can't renew over the phone. Disney has the best IT in the business!

Edit: after being on the phone with them for an hour it was finally fixed. Apparently all the annual passes were assigned to all the wrong people. Not sure how that happens but at least it’s fixed now.

Last edited:

CJR

The same thing just happened to us and I went here and saw your post. Glad it's not just us. Hope this isn't a widespread issue for all renewals.

nickys

Premium Member
So, just got off the phone with Disney about renewing our APs (my wife and I). Our 25th wedding anniversary is coming up and we were planning a 10 day+ trip to WDW to celebrate.

They took my information and said they are calling people back about the renewals but it takes about 30 days. 30 DAYS FOR THEM TO CALL YOU BACK! I told the cast member that if it's going to take 30+ days to call me about spending 5-7 grand in total on a trip, then, forget it. We'll find somewhere else to go and spend that money.
Are you renewing or trying to buy new ones? I’m guessing if you’re renewing that you’re out of the 60 days before and 30 day after expiration window.

The time it takes varies. I know someone who got the call in 3 days, others who have been waiting longer. Fingers crossed for you.

CaptainAmerica

Now May 7th and no callback from Disney about the possibility of renewing our passes. My wife and I had a long, heart-wrenching discussion about the entire ordeal with still not receiving our pass refunds (now 1 full year out from the request and several calls resulting in nothing) and no response on our passes being renewed. In the end, we've decided that Disney simply doesn't care about their customers anymore and it may be time to consider dropping Disney parks from our future vacation plans indefinitely.
Seems a little dramatic, m8.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom