Very Silly Question about Aulani

DisneyPrincess5

@KBLovesDisney , Are you wondering if it's all DVC or do they have standard rooms? If that's your question then the answer is that there are no standard rooms, it's all DVC.
To the point @DisneyJoe is making, you can stay there if you're not a DVC member. You just have to rent points from a DVC member. There's services and sites to do that through.

DisneyJoe

@KBLovesDisney , Are you wondering if it's all DVC or do they have standard rooms? If that's your question then the answer is that there are no standard rooms, it's all DVC.
To the point @DisneyJoe is making, you can stay there if you're not a DVC member. You just have to rent points from a DVC member. There's services and sites to do that through.
No, you can pay cash just like any other hotel room. Renting DVC points is another option.

Go here https://www.disneyaulani.com/ and price it and book it or call your travel agent or call Disney directly.

durangojim

One bit of advice. Request a room above floor 6. We had an "ocean view room" That I was paying almost $900/night for in June and there was a palm tree right in front of our balcony blocking the view of the ocean. You better believe I went right back down to the front desk and told them that wasn't acceptable. They changed our room to the 14th floor and it was perfect!
Also the standard room views can be very nice too. We were in one of those of 2 nights and had a view of the ocean and the mountains. I'll try to post pics of both so you can see the difference.
IMG_3530.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG

Last edited:

jaklgreen

This is not true at all. They have many standard rooms.

ajt5027

Just in case anyone was counting there are 359 hotel rooms & 460 Disney Vacation Club Villas. The resort is split between two towers. Looking at the resort from above, the right side tower is the hotel side and the left side of the resort is DVC. Its similar in theory to how Boardwalk is set-up.

The hotel side is on the same side as the parking garage and ULU which is the quick service restaurant and the only place you can get a cup of coffee if you are up like me at 6a every morning.

pax_65

Aulani is awesome! Just an FYI... the resort is on a relatively remote part of the island - away from any of the big tourist areas. We're DVC members and we didn't want to pay cash for a different resort, so we just drove everywhere we wanted to go. This worked but it was a bit of driving. If I was paying cash, I might consider spending a few nights at Waikiki Beach to do all the Honolulu stuff - then go to Aulani and just relax. Enjoy!

ajt5027

Aulani is awesome! Just an FYI... the resort is on a relatively remote part of the island - away from any of the big tourist areas. We're DVC members and we didn't want to pay cash for a different resort, so we just drove everywhere we wanted to go. This worked but it was a bit of driving. If I was paying cash, I might consider spending a few nights at Waikiki Beach to do all the Honolulu stuff - then go to Aulani and just relax. Enjoy!

Just to second what Pax_65 said, we drove everywhere as well. Because it is on the southwest side of the island is somewhat remote. Without a car you either have to spend a majority time in Ko'Olina or get transportation. When booking excursions through Aluani you are mostly paying for the transportation. For example I think a trip to Pearl Harbor is like $70/person. The ticket itself to the Arizona is like $7. Also, parking is free for DVC members at the resort. If you are not a DVC member parking I believe is like an additional $30/day.

durangojim

Just in case anyone was counting there are 359 hotel rooms & 460 Disney Vacation Club Villas. The resort is split between two towers. Looking at the resort from above, the right side tower is the hotel side and the left side of the resort is DVC. Its similar in theory to how Boardwalk is set-up.

The hotel side is on the same side as the parking garage and ULU which is the quick service restaurant and the only place you can get a cup of coffee if you are up like me at 6a every morning.
That's not quite true. There are resort rooms on both sides and vacation club rooms on both sides. The hotel rooms are in the wings that run at a 45 degree angle off the lobby and in the wings that run parallel to the lobby. The vacation club properties are in the wings that run perpendicular to the lobby but there are rooms and DVC in both wings.

durangojim

With the hustle and bustle of Waikiki (along with the crime, homeless, etc) we were glad we were a bit farther away at Aulani with our kids. When we were on our honeymoon 15 years ago we loved Waikiki but also stayed at a primarily adult resort (Halekulani)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom