Very Sad News

Nemo14

Goofyernmost

Why are there so few views and comments here? My seriously stupid trip reports have almost 20,000. This is important and should have like quadruple that. Doug was a legend on this board. @The Mom ,should this be moved temporarily to the main board?
Could be because your thread was about life and this one is about death. A subject that few dare to talk about. I think we all agree that unkadug was a legion on the boards and a fun person to follow and read. However, he is no longer with us, he may or may not be aware, at this point, if we are paying tribute or not (depending on your individual beliefs). A lot of people are uncomfortable facing mortality others are able to express their feelings very well. It is not a slam on him that this doesn't have 20K posts to it, it is probably because to many, even those like myself, that wouldn't have known who unkadug was if he ran into me, do feel a sense of loss. However, having read many of his posts I feel that he was not the type of person that would want a whole lot of fuss being made about this.

No one had a personal emotion attached to your travel post. We enjoyed it, but, it was your good experience and people wanted to share in that. The death of someone, even someone we don't know, does hit deeper and what can be said that hasn't already been said.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Could be because your thread was about life and this one is about death. A subject that few dare to talk about. I think we all agree that unkadug was a legion on the boards and a fun person to follow and read. However, he is no longer with us, he may or may not be aware, at this point, if we are paying tribute or not (depending on your individual beliefs). A lot of people are uncomfortable facing mortality others are able to express their feelings very well. It is not a slam on him that this doesn't have 20K posts to it, it is probably because to many, even those like myself, that wouldn't have known who unkadug was if he ran into me, do feel a sense of loss. However, having read many of his posts I feel that he was not the type of person that would want a whole lot of fuss being made about this.

No one had a personal emotion attached to your travel post. We enjoyed it, but, it was your good experience and people wanted to share in that. The death of someone, even someone we don't know, does hit deeper and what can be said that hasn't already been said.
Well stated.

Uncle Lupe

Just saw this horrible news tonight. Amazing how somebody you only had a virtual connection with can stir the emotions. He was one of the first to give words of support when I needed them the most 6 years ago. His posts were always a welcome read and his humor was something I enjoyed. @unkadug was on my following list and it seems appropriate that he stays as a reminder that if I had meet him in real life I would consider him a friend there also. You will be missed.

Zweiland

I was just informed of this terrible news.

I interacted with unkadug much less then some on this forum, but I knew him well enough. As far back as I can remember, he showed no faults, and always brought just the right amount of goofiness to the table.

I haven't been on here in a while, and don't plan to be for a while, but no matter what, I sure won't forget about Doug. Rest in peace.

prberk

I have literally just read this. I have been busy lately.

I know that I am late to the "party," but I immediately decided to take on unkadoug's classic avatar at least for a while. Not only was he a genuinely nice presence on these boards, but his avatar always struck me as a quick glimpse of the Disney that I fell in love with so many years ago... the classic Tomorrowland with the monorail connecting it thematically with the Contemporary Resort off in the distance.

He was 58, and I just turned 51; so we were not that far apart in age, and probably came up with the same inspiration at WDW.

Thanks to @The Mom for this thread, and to @Nemo14 for the updates, and to @wdwmagic for reclaiming the old avatar. It really was striking to me.

I will miss him and his pleasant, fun, yet knowledgeable approach to things here. I hope that through faith we will see him on the other side. Blessings and prayers for his family.

P_Radden

I hope you may rest in peace unkadug! I may have not been on here very long, but he is one member I have grown to appreciate and respect. This is one of the most amazing online communities I have ever been a part of. It is members like him and you guys that make this place so special. Seeing this thread and all the positive comments is truly heart warming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom