VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY

Charjen

Original Poster
I've read the description on Disney's website, but I want some personal insight on what all it entails! What time does it usually start? Are the rides open? do you have to have a park pass to Magic Kingdom, or just the event ticket you purchased? etc......
ALL OF THE GOOD AND THE BAD!
Thanks guys!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The rides listed on the website will be open. You may want to do an internet search for the Christmas Party on sites like TouringPlans, where there's more in depth information.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've read the description on Disney's website, but I want some personal insight on what all it entails! What time does it usually start? Are the rides open? do you have to have a park pass to Magic Kingdom, or just the event ticket you purchased? etc......
ALL OF THE GOOD AND THE BAD!
Thanks guys!
Check out our news archive for lots of info and detail

Event officially begins at 7pm, your ticket will get you into the MK at 4pm though. You do not need an MK ticket in addition.

Let us know if you have any questions.

KCheatle

In a nutshell - pay ~$150/ person to meet unique characters and regular characters dressed in Christmas attire, for a few ride overlays, a Christmas parade, a Christmas firework show, and some cookies and hot chocolate. If meeting characters is your thing, then this is a great purchase. If not, then hopefully the parade and fireworks are important to you because otherwise I would said its not worth it.

JustAFan

We enjoyed it, but may not do it again. The overlay on some of the rides were fun. Space Mountain had extra lighting and some energized Christmas music. The Jungle Cruise had different decorations and jokes. The fake snow was a cool touch. The treats were about what you would find in the snack aisle at your grocery store. All in all, it was fun and we're glad we did it.

DisneyAndADoleWhip

My family did it in November and absolutely loved it. Little to no waits for most rides, everything was open except for attractions that normally close after dark. The free cookies and soft pretzels were delicious, the free drinks (Fanta grape, hot chocolate, eggnog, hot apple cider) were perfect. The parade was the highlight and it snowed on Main Street. It doesn't get any more perfectly Disney Christmas than this.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You don't need a day ticket.
If you just want to go to the party you can buy the party ticket and you can generaly expect to be able to enter around 4pm and the park does not close for day guests tunil 6pm.
The party officially starts at 7pm but you can also expect lines for special characters to start much ealier than that.
There will be snow on Main Street USA.
There will be Christmas music throughout the park.
There are special shows, Christmas parade, Fireworks, Castle lighting, character dance parties...
Various cookies, pretzels, slushies, cider, and hot chocolate are included. You just walk up to different counter service restaurants and get them.
Many of the rides are running. Some have special overlays.
Lines are pretty short for rides but very long for characters.
I personally go for the overall atmosphere, treats, and rides.
I'm not into meeting characters or watching the shows/parades.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
In a nutshell - pay ~$150/ person to meet unique characters and regular characters dressed in Christmas attire, for a few ride overlays, a Christmas parade, a Christmas firework show, and some cookies and hot chocolate. If meeting characters is your thing, then this is a great purchase. If not, then hopefully the parade and fireworks are important to you because otherwise I would said its not worth it.

None of those things are important to me but I enjoy going and find it worth it.
I go for the atmosphere and shorter wait times.
Everyone is different.

Maelstrom Troll

It’s fun if you’ve never done it but we wont do it again when we visit WDW in November. The wait times can be shorter after the park lets out the general admission but trying to get up Mainstreet at 5 pm was painfully slow. The parade is ok but not as good as the Halloween parade IMO. The treats are just ok as well.

macefamily

I'm sorry to say but you came to the party late. If you go back 10 - 12 years ago, Mickey's Christmas Party was a perk. Crowds were much lighter and wait times for rides were basically slashed in half. For the past 5 years during our holiday visits to Disney, the crowds at Magic Kingdom during the day seem to be just as bloated as the Christmas Party crowds. There are the pre-packaged, mass-produced cookies and Dixie cups of hot chocolate and apple juice you can eat and drink all you want, but is it worth it ? I would appreciate someone who has Disney administration insights to confirm if ticket sales for the Christmas Party have been increased for the past decade, and if so, by how much ?

Disstevefan1

If you have never done it, it's worth doing once.

On the Day you are going to the party NO NOT use a park ticket, Rest during the day then enter the Magic Kingdom at 4PM with the party ticket. You can be in the park from 4PM to 12AM

My favorite element is the parade, not seen during normal park hours till about December 22ish. There is a DJ with characters in Cosmic Rays which is also fun and a lot of other stuff going on.

Yes, the cookies are now pre made, but they are good and they are individually wrapped so you can get as many as you want and take them back to your room and eat them whenever.

macefamily

You brought up a lost memory about the cookies when you said "you can get as many as you want.."
We were in line for Space Mountain when we noticed a couple in front of us with a large plastic grocery bag.
They must have had 30 - 40 cookies. They must have been collecting them from all around the park all night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom