1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Very Merry Christmas Party tips?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by amandareid12410, Apr 19, 2017.

1. amandareid12410

amandareid12410 New Member

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be going to Disney December 2-5 for our 7th wedding anniversary. As well as hopefully our last vacation just the two of us as we are in the process of adopting our first child. Anyway while we are there we are knocking an item off my Disney Bucket List, the Christmas party. This will be my first time going, are there any tips y'all would recommend. I am SO very excited about going, this will be my husbands first trip to Disney and my 26th, but have never been to the Christmas party.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

21stamps likes this.
  2. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

Even
    Although the party doesn't officially start til 7, you can get in any time after 4 pm with just your party ticket.
    Not all the rides are open for the party, so the hours between 4 and 7 are a good time to do those.
    Free cookies and hot chocolate at designated locations throughout the park
    The Christmas parade!!!

3. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

The Christmas parade runs twice during the party, so if you will be there long enough, see the second one, as the crowds are usually less.

Disneymom201 likes this.
  4. Tyaloo

Tyaloo Active Member

If you enter at 4 pm for the party, don't forget you can book fastpasses for that 4-7 pm window!! so much fun!

Disneymom201 likes this.
  5. Tom 55

Tom 55 Well-Known Member

You have to view the parade from main street. There are snow projectors on the roofs of main street buildings. Seeing the snow was extra special. It is a very crowded time so if you want front row you have to be there early. One suggestion I have. If you do not want to put the time in staking out a spot. If you come latter find one of the trash cans that line main street. Stand right behind them. Cast members will not let anyone sit or stand in front of trash cans. So you will have almost a front row view.In addition to the parade you have to see the castle all covered with ice.

Attached Files:

6. DisneyDelirious

DisneyDelirious Super structures are my specialty!

Character lines form early. The 7 Dwarves and Scrrog McDuck in particular seem to be particularly popular. We go to Disney a couple times a year so at MVMCP we hit characters we can't otherwise see and focus more on MVMCP specific things like the parade, character opportunities, and the fireworks. We have other opportunities to get on the attractions. Develop your priorities ahead of time as to what you want to see/ do. You can't do it all. We take a 14 day trip almost every summer and I can tell you we still haven't done it all.

7. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

The lines for the 7 Dwarves starts forming early and is loooong. Get there early. They are extremely popular.
    There are event specific merchandise for sale so if you are interested in souvenirs, check out the event map and plan your shopping. There is also special holiday treats so check out where they may be found. The hot chocolate & cookies are available but Ive found them blah.
    The weather can be quite chilly so be prepared for it.
    The later in the evening you stay the more opportunities you will have to ride with less lines or waiting.
    Be patient at the end of the evening, the transportation will be burdened by the crowds, so prepare for a longer time getting back to your resort.
    Being at Disney at Christmas time and attending the MVMCP will add to a great 7th anniversary memory.

8. amandareid12410

amandareid12410 New Member Original Poster

Thanks y'all for your advice. I want to meet the 7 dwarfs and see the parade from Main Street so your tips will be very helpful. :)

9. NickPWilde

NickPWilde New Member

How long before the parade roughly 30 mins? An hour? (sorry for the sneaky hijack)

Sillysidewalker likes this.