Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

aladdin2007

I would like to see a restoration of the final scene with the fireworks, they ruined that whole effect by doing away with the mirrors, and the mold in that room is pretty bad now. But I do hope they keep the float by the pyramid in the front the same, (surely they would with the restaurant there?) just restore the ambient lighting, they ruined that awhile back too, its way too bright. Sames goes for the entry tunnel with the bright cartoon video light and lack of fog/mist. Okay so I have a wish list lol.

Magenta Panther

I would like to see a restoration of the final scene with the fireworks, they ruined that whole effect by doing away with the mirrors, and the mold in that room is pretty bad now. But I do hope they keep the float by the pyramid in the front the same, (surely they would with the restaurant there?) just restore the ambient lighting, they ruined that awhile back too, its way too bright. Sames goes for the entry tunnel with the bright cartoon video light and lack of fog/mist. Okay so I have a wish list lol.

Wow, I never got to see all that. Sounds like it was amazing. :(

trainplane3

As silly as it sounds, one of the things I miss the most is the market scene. There was something oddly fun with having a Mexican man follow along side the boat, trying to sell you random stuff.

While the end does lack the effects of the original, the 3 AAs in that section do look great especially in their movement. I also somehow forgot that section was a screen until a couple years ago when they brought the 3 AAs back out of storage.

DisneyFan18

Does anyone know what the "special themed experiences", coming to DCA for the Halloween festivities, inspired by Coco are supposed to be?

danheaton

I'm excited to see what happens here, as I suspect they won't remove the best scenes (especially the first ride past the restaurant) and would be more likely to upgrade the awkward videos. There's a lot of room for improvement without cutting the parts of El Rio that were retained for the Gran Fiesta Tour.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thanks for clearing it up, I got confused and thought that the Mariachis were for the Mexico Pavillion.

They are supposed to be for Mexico, I think. But doing Day of the Dead and maybe doing so indoors.

I presume the regular mariachis will be doing their Christmas holiday still as part of Epcot's Holidays Around the World.

It might be the case that Mexico is Christmas outside and Halloween inside.

DisneyFan18

They are supposed to be for Mexico, I think. But doing Day of the Dead and maybe doing so indoors.

I presume the regular mariachis will be doing their Christmas holiday still as part of Epcot's Holidays Around the World.

It might be the case that Mexico is Christmas outside and Halloween inside.
Thanks, although in my original post I was talking about what will be happening in Disney's California Adventure. Since according to Disney Parks Blogs, after the Halloween Party ends, the Coco inspired experiences will be moving to Bugs Land.

HMF

I'm excited to see what happens here, as I suspect they won't remove the best scenes (especially the first ride past the restaurant) and would be more likely to upgrade the awkward videos. There's a lot of room for improvement without cutting the parts of El Rio that were retained for the Gran Fiesta Tour.
If they could somehow re-incorporate the three cultures historical tour aspect of El Rio while still incorporating the Coco IP that would be great.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Coco would replace the attraction which has Donald in it.
I believe he is referring to the Donald M&G?
I think they mean meet and greet wise as Donald meets outside the pavilion.
Yeah, I am:p.
If they could somehow re-incorporate the three cultures historical tour aspect of El Rio while still incorporating the Coco IP that would be great.
A sound idea. Perhaps TDO is capable?:rolleyes::arghh:;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom