Very Disappointed in Magic Express

durangojim

Original Poster
ME was great from MCO to Riviera, they assigned seats and did everything I could think of. On the way from Riviera to MCO it’s a cluster. This is worse than a grocery store. People not wearing masks, (or if they are they’re using them as chin diapers) no assigned seats and NO DISTANCING! Good thing I can hold my breath for 45 minutes /s

JIMINYCR

Thats sad to hear. Glad I'm not using the service any longer since we drive now. I guess the trip going away from Disney isnt being seen as critical for enforcing the rules as the trip in. Once you check out, your health and well being is now your problem and no longer an issue for Disney to be concerned about. Sad.

Parker in NYC

ME was great from MCO to Riviera, they assigned seats and did everything I could think of. On the way from Riviera to MCO it’s a cluster. This is worse than a grocery store. People not wearing masks, (or if they are they’re using them as chin diapers) no assigned seats and NO DISTANCING! Good thing I can hold my breath for 45 minutes /s
People are so well-behaved. Reason #2000 you won't see me visiting anytime soon.

Goofyernmost

Maybe if they start charging for ME they would enforce the rules. Could never understand Disney started resort parking fees (promptly raised them) yet ME is free
That's simple! The parking fees are what we call gravy. People arriving at a resort with a vehicle are free to go elsewhere, at will. If you take the free shuttle you are primarily captive and every nickel you spend goes pretty much to just Disney. They get it back easily. If, like myself, you refuse to be held prisoner they can get it via parking fees. The money they didn't get while you drove up to Universal is made up in parking. Course there is always that other little hitch in that you don't have to stay in a Disney resort and then they get neither.

John park hopper

That's simple! The parking fees are what we call gravy. People arriving at a resort with a vehicle are free to go elsewhere, at will. If you take the free shuttle you are primarily captive and every nickel you spend goes pretty much to just Disney. They get it back easily. If, like myself, you refuse to be held prisoner they can get it via parking fees. The money they didn't get while you drove up to Universal is made up in parking. Course there is always that other little hitch in that you don't have to stay in a Disney resort and then they get neither.
True--- but if they charge for ME it's gravy as well. You have a choice pay the fee, hire a taxi/Uber or walk with all your luggage. IMO it's only a matter of time ME $$$$

crawale

Were the seats filled like the buses with very few people? If they really distanced people there was probably a long wait and you might be better catching an Uber.

MaryJaneP

Wonder how many guests would pay for ME if they charged for it? Seems counter-intuitive especially when there was a bad experience on checkout trip. One and done? Count us out of paying for ME.

Goofyernmost

True--- but if they charge for ME it's gravy as well. You have a choice pay the fee, hire a taxi/Uber or walk with all your luggage. IMO it's only a matter of time ME $$$$
Sure, but it is in their best interest to get people on property without an simple method of going elsewhere. That's what pays for the free express. If they start charging for the ride, more will find it handier to just rent a car and have the ease of other possible destinations. That doesn't mean they won't do it, but now wouldn't be a good time anyway.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Exactly why o refuse to use ME on our trip next spring. We stopped using it years ago and started renting cars. Now with the parking fee, we will just hire Lyft/Uber. I always hated that they made you get on that dang bus over 3 hrs before your return flight back while they Went to different resorts to pick up people. SMH—nope—not any more will we do that game

Goofyernmost

Sad.... you thought ME still existed :(.
It seems to me logically, that a lot of things stopped during this Pandemic. It seems like the way they describe dogs feeling that once their owner isn't in sight they are gone forever. There are many things that Disney will abandon permanently, but not what makes them money. If ME no longer was profitable, it is gone forever. If it was profitable it will return just like the shows and the other extra charge events. Since there is no actual date that all of this goes back to normal they have no choice but to call everything permanent. There are people involved and it would be extremely evil to leave them hanging like they might be called back tomorrow. Permanent allows for time to find something else, if necessary. Otherwise everyone would be sitting next to their phones waiting for Disney to call and perhaps missing out on other opportunities.

Club Cooloholic

I have never personally done ME, my family has ridden it while I got a rental car and met them at the resort. Was planning to try it this go around, but having a car is more important than ever, especially with on-site dining being so restricted

As for why is there no charge for ME? Believe me the cost of it is accounted for in the room costs, it's as "free" as the coffee you get in your room.

correcaminos

Maybe if they start charging for ME they would enforce the rules. Could never understand Disney started resort parking fees (promptly raised them) yet ME is free
It's not free. The costs are built in. Why they couldn't do it with parking drives me nuts. Just glad that I don't pay parking with DVC. I mean extra. It's built into our dues.

NelleBelle

Was there room on the bus to socially distance?? If so, I absolutely would’ve asked the bus driver to make an announcement to spread out. Certainly would hope that ME would have signs to distance from other parties, even though people should’ve been doing it their whole dang trip! Hate to say it, people pack their brains and become morons when they travel (I’ve been guilty of being a travel moron 😳)!!

JustAFan

So are you disappointed in Disney's Magical Express or fellow riders for their irresponsible choices? They can require, remind, instruct, etc., but it's still up to people to make good choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom