Venom Spin-Off

TyTrap

Original Poster
So I've been seeing a lot of mixed opinions on Sony making the Venom spin off and not Disney. Here are some reasons why I think there is hope Sony could make a good venom film.

1. Disney would not do an R rated theatrical release. Disney wants to reach as many demographics as possible with all of their movies which for them equals more cash. This would compromise the quality of a Venom spin-off because a lot of the graphic violence and intense moments would have to be cut out.

2. The Soundtrack: this may not go for everyone, but if I were to associate Venom with a genre of music it would be death metal spefically bands like cannibal corpse and suffocation especially for fight sequences. Again I don't think Disney would be curating the best soundtrack for a venom film other than maybe the orchestral score.

3. Staying true to the source material, if Disney was in the driver's seat of a venom movie a lot of creative liberties would be taken in order to appeal to a wider audiences.

As a big venom fan I'm more optimistic about the project not being in the hands of Disney due their restrictions.

Any other venom fans who feel the same way?

champdisney

I don't know. I feel that if Disney wanted to do something with this character, they would've gone the Netflix route. Plenty of blood, gore, violence and filthy language, all while being a part of the MCU.

TyTrap

Original Poster
I don't know. I feel that if Disney wanted to do something with this character, they would've gone the Netflix route. Plenty of blood, gore, violence and filthy language, all while being a part of the MCU.
Yea I believe venom deserves a theatrical release. Not just to be put on Netflix.

champdisney

Yea I believe venom deserves a theatrical release. Not just to be put on Netflix.
Yes, isn't that what he's getting with Sony? I'm giving you what I think Disney would do with Venom. Having a Venom series wouldn't be all of a bad idea at all. You know the Marvel Netflix programs are great. Maybe not so much Iron Fist. Haven't even seen that one yet. Tom Hardy is perfect for the role and I strongly believe he'd play the character regardless if Venom was made for Netflix.

What I am saying is that, like Spider-Man, Sony doesn't understand those characters like Marvel does. There's a reason why Spider-Man: Homecoming is the best Spider-Man, Marvel made it.

It's true, Disney wouldn't ever dedicate an entire film to Venom let alone to any villain. Have they even started with one? I guess Punisher would kind of count for he has no allegiance. That character is incredibly dark and gruesome, even more so than Venom. To me, Frank Castle was the star of Daredevil: season two. Simply the best portrayal of the character compared to the theatrical versions and now the Punisher is getting his own season. It's going to be intense especially how each episode builds to the next until it leads to where the cat hits the fan and it all goes down.

That's what Eddie Brock needs, is an introduction to the MCU by giving the character a one or two season run on Netflix, go in depth with the character and his experiences. This would be a great tool to groom him up for his theatrical showdown against Spider-Man.

Sony is doing they're own thing and I don't see it as a good one.

TyTrap

Original Poster
Yea I wish Disney would release a rated R venom film maybe under a different production company.

TyTrap

Original Poster
You mean Marvel Studios?
No they have already established that brand already as a family friendly movie going experience excluding the Netflix series. Why not bring back the Marvel MAX imprint name and use it to release mature marvel films.

Bairstow

Well that trailer was about as generic as can be.
I take it there's some kind of villain that has pscionic powers that can knock computer screens off tables? Or since they're probably going to fight venom I guess that character is a hero.

TyTrap

Original Poster
Well that trailer was about as generic as can be.
I take it there's some kind of villain that has pscionic powers that can knock computer screens off tables? Or since they're probably going to fight venom I guess that character is a hero.
As a Venom fan I’m stoked for this movie. This movie will be for Venom fans and it’s not going to cater to MCU fanboys that think every comic book movie has to be funny and lighthearted. Venom’s dark humor will be present though.

Bairstow

As a Venom fan I’m stoked for this movie. This movie will be for Venom fans and it’s not going to cater to MCU fanboys that think every comic book movie has to be funny and lighthearted. Venom’s dark humor will be present though.

Just because a comic book movie might not be lighthearted doesn't mean it's going to be any good. I mean, look at all of the dreadfully dark and dour Zack Snyder DC movies.

TyTrap

Original Poster
Just because a comic book movie might not be lighthearted doesn't mean it's going to be any good. I mean, look at all of the dreadfully dark and dour Zack Snyder DC movies.
Actually watchmen is probably my favorite comic book movie ever. Also I’m hoping the movie turns out like a combination of spawn, blade, punisher, and Logan. I just want some gore and some edge, some grit to this movie like those movies have. The new Spider-Man is basically a children’s movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom