Vegan at Walt Disney World - Nov 2018

higgipoker

Has anyone had the Vegan tofu wraps at Sci-Fi Dine in? ... :facepalm:

We were there last year and found the vegan options to be quite average. I'd have been much more positive but they didn't even have a drop of soy sauce for a very bland and boring tofu+veg dish. My vegan burger was quite good and the fries were excellent. The star of the show was the tofutti milkshake for dessert! Don't be tempted to try the other milkshake option!

tofu.png
burger.png

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
We were there last year and found the vegan options to be quite average. I'd have been much more positive but they didn't even have a drop of soy sauce for a very bland and boring tofu+veg dish. My vegan burger was quite good and the fries were excellent. The star of the show was the tofutti milkshake for dessert! Don't be tempted to try the other milkshake option!

View attachment 282814View attachment 282815
That burger looks delicious and too tempting at 8:22am :p

Zipadeelady

The falafel burger is gone and so is the Lighthouse sandwich at CHH. I got a good falafel burger not dry at all. CR can be hit or miss. BTW make sure to put vegan on all your ADRs
My daughter is vegetarian and loved the Lighthouse sandwich at CHH. At one time I'm thinking they took the lobster roll of the menu but you could still ask for it. Do you think they'd do the same for the Lighthouse?

Figgy1

Premium Member
My daughter is vegetarian and loved the Lighthouse sandwich at CHH. At one time I'm thinking they took the lobster roll of the menu but you could still ask for it. Do you think they'd do the same for the Lighthouse?
I don't think so because there's nothing else with hummus but you could ask.

higgipoker

Happy to share our summer 2017 vegan Disney experience. Here's day 1 for a start. Let me know if you're interested to see more, we documented the whole trip! :p

Day 1: Arrival. Dinner @ Boatwrights, Riverside. This was just OK to be honest. Nothing to complain about, just underwhelming and not great value for money. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for vegans. Beer was great though! :angelic:

Bread basket with olive oil. Bread was good.
IMG_1755.jpg

The salad was absolutely fine. Nothing special.
IMG_1754.jpg

The only vegan main dish they could offer us. A very small portion of risotto. Again it was fine but nothing special.
IMG_1757.jpg

A sign of things to come, unfortunately. Disney isn't great with vegan desserts. It's either a fruit sorbet like this (not great) or the Tofutti ice cream (awesome).
IMG_1761.jpg

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I've heard some rumblings about the Impossible Burger at the Edison in Disney Springs
https://vegandisneyworld.com/2018/04/11/the-edison-impossible-burger/

Vegan Disney World is one of my go-to's. They're always posting mini reviews in their Instagram stories. Worth a follow and you can bookmark anything you like in their feed vegandisneyworld
I had the impossible burger a few weeks ago. It was great!

Apparently it is only on the actual menu at lunch, but they still have it for dinner. I mentioned it to my server and he knew exactly what I was talking about and they had no problem serving it to me at dinner.

cdeev8690

I had the impossible burger a few weeks ago. It was great!

Apparently it is only on the actual menu at lunch, but they still have it for dinner. I mentioned it to my server and he knew exactly what I was talking about and they had no problem serving it to me at dinner.

Very good to know! I love how accommodating Disney Dining can be

higgipoker

We were tentatively impressed with the overall experience last year, and this info makes me tentatively optimistic about our summer 2018 trip :p Seems like Disney is moving in the right direction, slowly but surely! :happy:

jimbojones

I've heard some rumblings about the Impossible Burger at the Edison in Disney Springs
https://vegandisneyworld.com/2018/04/11/the-edison-impossible-burger/

Vegan Disney World is one of my go-to's. They're always posting mini reviews in their Instagram stories. Worth a follow and you can bookmark anything you like in their feed vegandisneyworld

Impossible burgers are great for folks who like meat but don't want to eat it or are unable to eat it. If you are a vegan/vegetarian who does not like meat, and in particular beef, then impossible burgers are not a good choice. At the very least buy one to cook at home before you order one at a restaurant for $$$$. I got served one last weekend by a well meaning family member and found it repulsive in flavor and smell and when you look at the ingredients it is about as far from a whole food as you can get. Impossible burgers are close enough to actual beef that they fooled several family members who won't eat anything with a vegetable nearby and couldn't tell they were eating a veggie burger.

My experience with Beyond Burgers was identical. I don't eat meat for several reasons, including the fact that I don't like the taste of dead flesh. Imposssible burgers and all the Beyond Meat products are for a different audience than folks like me.

dreamfinder

I'm expecting a similar experience, but I still want to try it once at least! :)

We had them for the first time the other week. They definitely have a texture closer to real meat, at least what I remember that being like (it's been almost a decade), and my DW agreed, and she still eats meat occasionally. Definitely keep an eye on them while grilling as the texture can turn a little funny if they overcook. They were a nice change from the normal veggie burger, but significantly more expensive.

YankeeMouse

Son and DIL vegan, went a couple years ago with them. Table service restaurants were very accommodating. On more than one occasion, the chef came out to talk with them and customized recipes for them. They seemed to enjoy "whipping up" something different. Counter service a little more difficult, and vegetarian is not vegan. Yak and Yeti in AK was one I remember as them being able to order from the menu.

higgipoker

Counter service a little more difficult.

Yeap we had the same experience. Got a few blank stares when we told the server we were vegan, then after trying to expand on the whole "vegetarian plus no eggs plus no dairy" just got handed the allergy menu - which often doesn't suffice in the counter service locations as there is rarely a vegan friendly option, just meat dishes with no dairy, veg dishes with no gluten but cheese etc.

Table service restaurants, as you noted, seemed to be much better prepared for us "difficult customers" :p

The highlight (apart from TJs cos that's just not fair!) was probably Sanaa. The server knew exactly what the word "vegan" entailed and seemed genuinely enthusiastic about sorting us out and when the food came it was absolutely top quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom