Vegan at Walt Disney World - Nov 2018

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
So me (vegan) and my partner (vegetarian) are visiting WDW in November for 14 nights.

Last year we both attended as vegetarian - we didn't struggle with eating as such, but we did find a lot of the food very samey and bland, and a lack of veggie options in MK.

I have done a little bit of research into places that serve vegan food & places that are happy to make a meal vegan. We are staying at AKL and I'm aware they are extremely vegetarian and vegan friendly and more than happy to cater to food requirements.

Is there anywhere else on property that we must try and are happy to cater to vegan diets? We're not on a dining plan so we are not restricted to where we can eat.

If I make ADR's should I mention on the reservation that I am a vegan, just so they know not to cook any of my food in animal fats?

P.S. Please do not be rude to me regarding veganism - I don't judge if you don't. I am not here to debate veganism or anything like that - simply looking for dining suggestions.

Thanks! :)

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
Waiting to follow. We are also going in November and my sister and her husband are vegan
I've done some research and I know dolewhips are vegan (PRAISE THE LORD) and if you ask, QS are willing to make Mickey Waffles vegan. I also know Sanaa have a fair few vegan options and are also willing to change items to make them vegan, which is super duper refreshing.

TDGMedley

I've done some research and I know dolewhips are vegan (PRAISE THE LORD) and if you ask, QS are willing to make Mickey Waffles vegan. I also know Sanaa have a fair few vegan options and are also willing to change items to make them vegan, which is super duper refreshing.
I have been want to try Sanaa. Heard great things about it. Good to know about the waffles.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I see I've been paged LOL First put Sanaa at the top of your list followed closely by Tusker House. Tiffins has an excellent veggie curry and so does R&C it's not on the menu but the chef will make it for you. MM has gone above and beyond for me as did the Fountain at the Swalphin. SRT has some excellent choices and TC has a platter that is completely vegan if you don't mind that the falafel is fried in the same oil as the chicken or you can omit it. BOG lunch has a very nice quinoa salad on the menu. Now as far as GG goes breakfast you will be fine but don't do lunch or dinner there's not much to choose from then. WCC has quinoa cakes leave off the yogurt sauce to make it vegan. When ordering waffles anywhere make sure to get the top 8 allergen ones they at vegan as are the begneites sp? at Port Orleans FQ. If you don't mind a bit of reading there's 16 days of vegan eating in my last TR https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/i-took-one-for-the-team.917693/#post-7380080. Feel free to ask me anything about the food and you can PM me if need be

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
I see I've been paged LOL First put Sanaa at the top of your list followed closely by Tusker House. Tiffins has an excellent veggie curry and so does R&C it's not on the menu but the chef will make it for you. MM has gone above and beyond for me as did the Fountain at the Swalphin. SRT has some excellent choices and TC has a platter that is completely vegan if you don't mind that the falafel is fried in the same oil as the chicken or you can omit it. BOG lunch has a very nice quinoa salad on the menu. Now as far as GG goes breakfast you will be fine but don't do lunch or dinner there's not much to choose from then. WCC has quinoa cakes leave off the yogurt sauce to make it vegan. When ordering waffles anywhere make sure to get the top 8 allergen ones they at vegan as are the begneites sp? at Port Orleans FQ. If you don't mind a bit of reading there's 16 days of vegan eating in my last TR https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/i-took-one-for-the-team.917693/#post-7380080. Feel free to ask me anything about the food and you can PM me if need be
Oh goodness, thank you so much! I will be sure to check it out when I have time to sit down and do the planning! What is your favourite vegan option?

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
Stay away from the quick service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sit downs at UNI run just a few dollars more in the parks. All have at least one option except Finnegans' Antojito's has several options as does Margaritaville. When you get a chance read my whole TR lots of food pics
We ate at The Leaky Couldron last time we were there and we were so disappointed. 1 veggie option which was a kids meal, and their "chips" were potato wedges... I mean, c'mon!

We ate at Mel's Drive In and the veggie burger they had there was delicious, but is it Vegan?

I will 100% check it out, thank you!

SeaCastle

Allears has a fairly comprehensive listing of vegetarian and vegan food by each food service location in each hotel and park:
http://allears.net/din/vegcsparks.htm
http://allears.net/din/vegtsparks.htm
http://allears.net/din/vegresorts.htm

I ate vegetarian when I was last at WDW in 2015. The only negative experience I remember was at Nine Dragons. Usually American Chinese food is not a bad choice for us because it is pretty easy to get a meal without meat, milk, or cheese. However at Nine Dragons they cook mostly everything in chicken stock, and the dishes were otherwise meaty. This was an issue with the fried rice, and unless memory serves me wrong the tofu stir fry as well.

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
Allears has a fairly comprehensive listing of vegetarian and vegan food by each food service location in each hotel and park:
http://allears.net/din/vegcsparks.htm
http://allears.net/din/vegtsparks.htm
http://allears.net/din/vegresorts.htm

I ate vegetarian when I was last at WDW in 2015. The only negative experience I remember was at Nine Dragons. Usually American Chinese food is not a bad choice for us because it is pretty easy to get a meal without meat, milk, or cheese. However at Nine Dragons they cook mostly everything in chicken stock, and the dishes were otherwise meaty. This was an issue with the fried rice, and unless memory serves me wrong the tofu stir fry as well.
Luckily we didn't have any meat hiccups last time (which is weird cause we get them ALL THE TIME when we eat out or order takeaway here in the UK) but the one meal I didn't really enjoy was the falafel burger at Cosmic Ray's. Me and my partner both found it so dry and tasteless, even with sauce.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Luckily we didn't have any meat hiccups last time (which is weird cause we get them ALL THE TIME when we eat out or order takeaway here in the UK) but the one meal I didn't really enjoy was the falafel burger at Cosmic Ray's. Me and my partner both found it so dry and tasteless, even with sauce.
The falafel burger is gone and so is the Lighthouse sandwich at CHH. I got a good falafel burger not dry at all. CR can be hit or miss. BTW make sure to put vegan on all your ADRs

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So me (vegan) and my partner (vegetarian) are visiting WDW in November for 14 nights.

Last year we both attended as vegetarian - we didn't struggle with eating as such, but we did find a lot of the food very samey and bland, and a lack of veggie options in MK.

I have done a little bit of research into places that serve vegan food & places that are happy to make a meal vegan. We are staying at AKL and I'm aware they are extremely vegetarian and vegan friendly and more than happy to cater to food requirements.

Is there anywhere else on property that we must try and are happy to cater to vegan diets? We're not on a dining plan so we are not restricted to where we can eat.

If I make ADR's should I mention on the reservation that I am a vegan, just so they know not to cook any of my food in animal fats?

P.S. Please do not be rude to me regarding veganism - I don't judge if you don't. I am not here to debate veganism or anything like that - simply looking for dining suggestions.

Thanks! :)
Morocco in Epcot -- Tangierine Cafe has a couple of veggie options like hummus, tabouleh... and a vegetable platter.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/tangierine-cafe/menus/

disneygeek90

I'm vegetarian, but Disney is very good for plant based guests. Much more so than Universal. For constant recommendations and updates on new items, I would recommend joining the facebook group "Veg Disney." There are a ton of great options if you look around.

I had the cauliflower dish at Coral Reef not too long ago and it was probably my favorite dish I've ever had on Disney property. And, it is vegan as is on the menu!

I have also heard very high reviews from Trails End, specifically from a chef named "TJ."

higgipoker

I have also heard very high reviews from Trails End, specifically from a chef named "TJ."

Oh my! I'm here to confirm the rumors are true. Trail's End was a highlight for us last year. We had also heard the reports and were keeping our fingers crossed that TJ was in the house...

He was and he served up a phenomenal vegan feast for us! Be warned though, unless you are a BIG (very big!) eater, don't even think about grazing from the buffet whilst you wait! :)

Seriously, we were actually directed to the buffet for a small starter. Then TJ's courses started appearing. After 3 courses we thought we were done, and would have been delighted with the meal! But no, another 3 or 4 wonderful courses followed. Our only regret is that we couldn't finish it all!

We are going back this year though so we'll certainly make sure we're hungry for TJ night! Fingers crossed he's on again. Great chef and a great guy!

Edit: The man himself! :)

IMG_3195.JPG

Last edited:

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
Has anyone had the Vegan tofu wraps at Sci-Fi Dine in? I really want to go there for either Lunch or Dinner due to the experience looking amazing, but I can't see anything on how good the vegan option is? I mean anything with tofu is usually a win for me, but... :facepalm:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Has anyone had the Vegan tofu wraps at Sci-Fi Dine in? I really want to go there for either Lunch or Dinner due to the experience looking amazing, but I can't see anything on how good the vegan option is? I mean anything with tofu is usually a win for me, but... :facepalm:
Sorry no but if you like tofu Yak and Yeti TS will sub out tofu for meat in most of their dishes:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom