Vaping - thoughts and opinions.

Ladybat

Id like to add that what my province is doing to regulate is not about the illegal products as much, and more about the lack of investment of information and knowledge by our government towards youth. They admitted to being slow on reform and now we have a youth vaping epidemic, which schools don’t have anyway to grapple with.

People, especially youth that weren’t addicted to nicotine or smoking, are now massively addicted. Vaping a pack worth of nicotine in one cartridge. My province has labeled nicotine a health crisis, enabling them to finally tackle the issue.

This is not being marketed as a product to assist smokers, but a shiny new pastime to take up. In my province, that is changing. And I welcome it.
I would respectfully disagree that there is a "vaping epidemic" among youth or that most under age people who vaping are now addicted to nicotine when they were not before because there is much evidence of the contrary....

There is No ‘Epidemic’ of Youth Vaping, Only a Moral Panic

The great American youth vaping epidemic. Really?

Ladybat

Advertisement
On Friday, November 22, heads of organizations in support of and against access to vapor products (and other low-risk nicotine products) met with President Trump and HHS Secretary Alex Azar in the Cabinet Room of the White House. While CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Assoc.) was not included in the meeting (in spite of multiple attempts to secure an invite), we believe that most of our views were represented. Specifically, AVA President Gregory Conley deftly reminded the people in the room that the May 2020 PMTA deadline remains a looming threat to consumer access to safer alternatives to smoking.

President Trump Participates in a Listening Session on Youth Vaping and the Electronic Cigar

drizgirl

I would respectfully disagree that there is a "vaping epidemic" among youth or that most under age people who vaping are now addicted to nicotine when they were not before because there is much evidence of the contrary....

There is No ‘Epidemic’ of Youth Vaping, Only a Moral Panic

The great American youth vaping epidemic. Really?
One quick walk across my daughter’s college campus makes me think there really is an epidemic.

Ladybat

Smoke/vape shops in Livermore Ca. have been served with warning letters informing them that as of Jan 1st all flavored vape products must no longer be sold and flavored tobacco must also no longer be sold so Menthol Cigarettes are no longer allowed. But what is still allowed? Regular tobacco flavored cigarettes. Even tobacco flavored vape juice cannot be sold though real tobacco can still be sold. Wow.... I can't believe that people support this. If real tobacco were being banned also then I would believe this is about human health but that simply is NOT the case.

There are plans in the work to enforce a total ban of all vape products through out the entire state of Ca. Though Cannabis shops will not be asked to stop selling candies and cookies and cakes loaded with THC. Flavored vape juice WHICH IS FULLY REGULATED AND NOT ALLOWED TO BE SOLD TO MINORS is targeting youth because its flavored but ACTUAL REAL sweets laced with THC which is also regulated not to be sold to minors is allowed to stay. And actual cancer causing cigarettes are allowed to stay. Wow.

And excerpt from the report below says....

"Tobacco edibles — whatever they are — will be banned, but apparently the lawmakers aren’t concerned with flavored cannabis edibles, even though the CDC says more high school kids use marijuana than vape nicotine. And cannabis products aren’t just flavored like candy. They are candy.

A quick glance at the menu of one Los Angeles cannabis dispensary showed a dizzying selection of fruit- and chocolate-flavored gummies, cookies, pretzels, brownies, oatmeal bars, creamsicles, fruit chews, caramels, chocolate bars, toffee, popcorn, mints, tinctures, and soft drinks. The small shop offers 89 edible cannabis products for sale. Surely if flavored vapor products are created to target kids, actual candy products are too?"

California Lawmakers Will Introduce a Statewide Flavor Ban

Ladybat

One quick walk across my daughter’s college campus makes me think there really is an epidemic.
Yes but how many of them are vaping juice with nicotine in it? Evidence says the majority are not vaping for nicotine but because they just like the flavors.

And yes probably because they think it looks cool to do it.

Well if young people want to look cool doing something then at least let it be with something that does not cause cancer. And regulated vape juice sold on the shelves that has not been tampered with of licensed smoke shops has nothing in them that can be linked to cancer or any other illnesses.

What is going to happen because of this ban is a dangerous risk of a huge black market of fluids, that we really do NOT want people to be using, to rise up out of the ashes of what was intended to be a wonderful much healthier alternative for humans to smoking.

To totally ban flavored vape juice from even adult use is nothing but a violation of our adult human rights. This is not only unfair to we adult tax paying voter citizens but its going to put so many people out of work that are connected to the vaping industry.

Just because certain government officials and certain political leaders personally don't like vaping does not mean they should decide for the rest of the adult population about something that there is no proof what so ever is harmful to us.

If this is allowed to stand then what stops them from deciding in the future about other innovative products that we the people bring to the market that is good for human consumption?

At the stroke of a pen a state official can just do as he likes with out regard to how the rest of us feel about it.

Remember the old poem..... first they came for the Jews and I said nothing.....

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Yes but how many of them are vaping juice with nicotine in it? Evidence says the majority are not vaping for nicotine but because they just like the flavors.

Well if young people want to look cool doing something then at least let it be with something that does not cause cancer. And regulated vape juice sold on the shelves that has not been tampered with of licensed smoke shops has nothing in them that can be linked to cancer or any other illnesses.

What is going to happen because of this ban is a dangerous risk of a huge black market of fluids, that we really do NOT want people to be using, to rise up out of the ashes of what was intended to be a wonderful much healthier alternative for humans to smoking.

To totally ban flavored vape juice from even adult use is nothing but a violation of our adult human rights. This is not only unfair to we adult tax paying voter citizens but its going to put so many people out of work that are connected to the vaping industry.

Just because certain government officials and certain political leaders personally don't like vaping does not mean they should decide for the rest of the adult population about something that there is no proof what so ever is harmful to us.

If this is allowed to stand then what stops them from deciding in the future about other innovative products that we the people bring to the market that is good for human consumption?

At the stroke of a pen a state official can just do as he likes with out regard to how the rest of us feel about it.

vaping is still going to exist... it’s just not going to be allowed to be marketed or sold in hip and cool ways to entice people to start.

the majority are fine with this. Sorry about it. This isn’t some oppressed class. This is another corporation trying to become as big as the tobacco industry slowly killing us all. At least tobacco is highly regulated.

aw14

Your last sentence is utterly ridiculous.

While I don’t agree with bans, and I think your posts are typically a joke since you source vape manufacturers...the fact you wrote that last sentence is pathetic.

Ladybat

Your last sentence is utterly ridiculous.

While I don’t agree with bans, and I think your posts are typically a joke since you source vape manufacturers...the fact you wrote that last sentence is pathetic.
Well of course I source vape manufacturers because this IS about the products THEY make. They have a right to present their side of this issue and any one serious about this debate no matter which side of it you are on should be willing to hear from all sides.

And about that last sentence you find pathetic...

What I find pathetic is people who demand that adult civil rights should be taken away because people are not able to control what their children do. And the hypocrisy in that these same adults are not screaming about alcohol and Marijuna and actual REAL cigarettes also being bad for their babies therefore those should be taken away from all people adult and non adult alike as well.

I have the legal right to murder an unborn baby not yet drawn its first breath but I don't have the right to vape into my own personal adult lungs a substance that no one INCLUDING the CDC and FDA has presented any actual evidence is harmful in any way to me.

What I find pathetic is people who have no care for any one else's civil rights but their own. THAT is what that last sentence was about. That when you stand by and watch civil rights of certain citizens be violated it wont be long before it comes around to your own being violated under the guise of "its bad for our babies" or some other excuse put in place to simply get all free citizens to willingly part with what ought not be parted with.

THEIR PERSONAL FREEDOMS AND LIBERTIES.

aw14

Well of course I source vape manufacturers because this IS about the products THEY make. They have a right to present their side of this issue and any one serious about this debate no matter which side of it you are on should be willing to hear from all sides.

And about that last sentence you find pathetic...

What I find pathetic is people who demand that adult civil rights should be taken away because people are not able to control what their children do. And the hypocrisy in that these same adults are not screaming about alcohol and Marijuna and actual REAL cigarettes also being bad for their babies therefore those should be taken away from all people adult and non adult alike as well.

I have the legal right to murder an unborn baby not yet drawn its first breath but I don't have the right to vape into my own personal adult lungs a substance that no one INCLUDING the CDC and FDA has presented any actual evidence is harmful in any way to me.

What I find pathetic is people who have no care for any one else's civil rights but their own. THAT is what that last sentence was about. That when you stand by and watch civil rights of certain citizens be violated it wont be long before it comes around to your own being violated under the guise of "its bad for our babies" or some other excuse put in place to simply get all free citizens to willingly part with what ought not be parted with.

THEIR PERSONAL FREEDOMS AND LIBERTIES.
This is the last time I will address such ignorance....you can put what you want in caps...it shows you didnt read what I wrote. I’m against bad (for adults)

Further, to show how foolish it is to quote vape websites, it would equate to me quoting a tobacco company to explain how the surgeon general is wrong about cigarettes. Few here will take you seriously, and for good reason.

Ramble on if you wish, but your overall ignorance based on your comparison means this is where I walk away.

Ladybat

>>>This is the last time I will address such ignorance....<<<aw14

Sure it is

>>you can put what you want in caps...it shows you didnt read what I wrote. I’m against bad (for adults)<<<aw14

Yes I understood you perfectly fine

>>>>Further, to show how foolish it is to quote vape websites, it would equate to me quoting a tobacco company to explain how the surgeon general is wrong about cigarettes.<<<<aw14

Even court judges allow BOTH sides to present their evidence. But this is not a court of law. It's a message board forum so I realize I should lower my expectations.

>>>>>Few here will take you seriously, and for good reason. <<<<aw14

Well there is no accounting for taste. Still, if you don't mind, I think I'll hold out for that tiny minority that knows..... deep down inside them..... that I'm with the truth and nothing but the truth.

>>>>>>Ramble on if you wish, but your overall ignorance based on your comparison means this is where I walk away.<<<<<aw14

Yea I get that a lot. My posts tend to make some folks just want to pick up their ball and go home. Leaving me all by my lonesome to fend for thine own self be true.

It's a dull lonely life but someone's got to live it.

What is there to say except..... its lonely at the top. 😭

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
>>>This is the last time I will address such ignorance....<<<aw14

Sure it is

>>you can put what you want in caps...it shows you didnt read what I wrote. I’m against bad (for adults)<<<aw14

Yes I understood you perfectly fine

>>>>Further, to show how foolish it is to quote vape websites, it would equate to me quoting a tobacco company to explain how the surgeon general is wrong about cigarettes.<<<<aw14

Even court judges allow BOTH sides to present their evidence. But this is not a court of law. It's a message board forum so I realize I should lower my expectations.

>>>>>Few here will take you seriously, and for good reason. <<<<aw14

Well there is no accounting for taste. Still, if you don't mind, I think I'll hold out for that tiny minority that knows..... deep down inside them..... that I'm with the truth and nothing but the truth.

>>>>>>Ramble on if you wish, but your overall ignorance based on your comparison means this is where I walk away.<<<<<aw14

Yea I get that a lot. My posts tend to make some folks just want to pick up their ball and go home. Leaving me all by my lonesome to fend for thine own self be true.

It's a dull lonely life but someone's got to live it.

What is there to say except..... its lonely at the top. 😭
Are we witnessing a breakdown? Do you have anyone you can call?

Top Bottom