Vaping - thoughts and opinions.

Ladybat

There have been no confirmed illnesses related to any vaping product or vaping liquid. The media has been really bad about reporting the illnesses with vaping. They have yet to name a product or company. It appears to be dangerous substances people are inhaling, not proper vape liquids. Vaping THC oil would probably kill you. Vaping water is actually pretty bad too. So kids vaping is pretty dangerous if they don't have good access to proper liquids. They may go into the kitchen and experiment with OJ or something. That would kill your lungs.

If someone got sick from a proper e-liquid, people would be all over that product or company and it would get pulled. For those trying quit smoking, keep on it. It works!
Exactly! The problem is people are vaping THC oil that has vitamin E oil mixed with it and this is very dangerous to vape. This is not sold in Vape shops because vape juice sold on shop shelves is regulated. But what is being made and sold on the streets is not regulated. Do we actually believe that some of these young people that got sick would actually admit they were vaping THC in their vape pins and that is probably what made them sick?

Also people are not properly cleaning their vape pins. Vape shop owners show people how to properly clean them but still they do not.

Should we then ban baby bottles because some people don't clean them properly so bacteria forms in them and makes babies sick?

And should we ban asma inhalents and cough syrup because some people use them to make crystal meth?

We do regulate those things though in how they sold. So the same is being done with vape juice sold in regulated vape shops.

Vape shops are regulated. Are not allowed to sell to any one under the age of 18. Exactly the same rules that apply to cigarettes. There has been no actual evidence scientific or otherwise that proves that REGULATED vape juice is a danger to the human vaping it or to humans around the person vaping it.

But there is all kinds of hard core scientific medical evidence that cigarettes are a real danger to people smoking and to people around people who are smoking.

Yet there is no ban on cigarettes.

Big tobacco lost so much business to the vape industry. Big tobacco has one of the biggest lobbies in Washington. They are behind all the over blown negative media coverage about vaping and they have lobbied and bribed every political leader their long arm is able to reach.

I recently heard that there is talk about a compromise that Trump has been in negotiation with E Juice companies about. That perhaps instead of a total ban on vape juice it be made that ONLY regulated licensed smoke shops be allowed to carry them. No gas stations or big box retail stores or any one else. Much the same as Medical Merijuna is sold in dispenseries. This way the sale of it can be kept contained and easier to watch over. This will also avoid E-juice being made on the street in the black market that would REALLY make it unhealthy for people to use. And make it even more easier for under age kids to get it.

And you better believe IT WILL BE MADE IN THE BLACK MARKET if it is banned from smoke shops. So I hope this compromise is really being discussed seriously and I hope it happens.

Millions of Americans have quit smoking and started vaping instead. For them it is the only means to successfully avoid real tobacco. It is totally unfair to take it away from full grown adult people just because some people worry their kids will be able to do it. Or because some people refuse to clean their vape pins or because some people choose to put illegal substances in them.

If this is to stand then remove alcohol and real tobacco products from the market and make those totally illegal too so your children wont be able to do that as well.

Lets just bring back total prohibition on every thing nasty we are afraid our babies might be exposed to.

Because this is not only about letting big tobacco do away with its only real competitor. This is about our ADULT freedom and civil rights. If our government leaders can just do away with something they personally do not like or have been bribed to do away with then nothing we make or sell is safe from the same thing happening if what we make or sell is causing its competitor a problem.

Tanna Eros

Advertisement
Exactly! The problem is people are vaping THC oil that has vitamin E oil mixed with it and this is very dangerous to vape. This is not sold in Vape shops because vape juice sold on shop shelves is regulated. But what is being made and sold on the streets is not regulated. Do we actually believe that some of these young people that got sick would actually admit they were vaping THC in their vape pins and that is probably what made them sick?

Because this is not only about letting big tobacco do away with its only real competitor. This is about our ADULT freedom and civil rights. If our government leaders can just do away with something they personally do not like or have been bribed to do away with then nothing we make or sell is safe from the same thing happening if what we make or sell is causing its competitor a problem.
Highly unlikely they would ban something like high fructose corn syrup or biocidal antibacterial products from the market, because the suburbanites love that stuff, but...
you did bring to my mind an issue concerning the alcohol Prohibition; there was a pretty common occurrence of 'jake leg' and blindness during this time. When there is prohibition, there's always a way around it, and people will find it, sometimes with bad consequences.

LittleBuford

Also people are not properly cleaning their vape pins. Vape shop owners show people how to properly clean them but still they do not.

Should we then ban baby bottles because some people don't clean them properly so bacteria forms in them and makes babies sick?

And should we ban asma inhalents and cough syrup because some people use them to make crystal meth?

We do regulate those things though in how they sold. So the same is being done with vape juice sold in regulated vape shops.

Vape shops are regulated. Are not allowed to sell to any one under the age of 18. Exactly the same rules that apply to cigarettes. There has been no actual evidence scientific or otherwise that proves that REGULATED vape juice is a danger to the human vaping it or to humans around the person vaping it.

But there is all kinds of hard core scientific medical evidence that cigarettes are a real danger to people smoking and to people around people who are smoking.

Yet there is no ban on cigarettes.

Big tobacco lost so much business to the vape industry. Big tobacco has one of the biggest lobbies in Washington. They are behind all the over blown negative media coverage about vaping and they have lobbied and bribed every political leader their long arm is able to reach.

I recently heard that there is talk about a compromise that Trump has been in negotiation with E Juice companies about. That perhaps instead of a total ban on vape juice it be made that ONLY regulated licensed smoke shops be allowed to carry them. No gas stations or big box retail stores or any one else. Much the same as Medical Merijuna is sold in dispenseries. This way the sale of it can be kept contained and easier to watch over. This will also avoid E-juice being made on the street in the black market that would REALLY make it unhealthy for people to use. And make it even more easier for under age kids to get it.

And you better believe IT WILL BE MADE IN THE BLACK MARKET if it is banned from smoke shops. So I hope this compromise is really being discussed seriously and I hope it happens.

Millions of Americans have quit smoking and started vaping instead. For them it is the only means to successfully avoid real tobacco. It is totally unfair to take it away from full grown adult people just because some people worry their kids will be able to do it. Or because some people refuse to clean their vape pins or because some people choose to put illegal substances in them.

If this is to stand then remove alcohol and real tobacco products from the market and make those totally illegal too so your children wont be able to do that as well.

Lets just bring back total prohibition on every thing nasty we are afraid our babies might be exposed to.

Highly unlikely they would ban something like high fructose corn syrup or biocidal antibacterial products from the market, because the suburbanites love that stuff, but...
you did bring to my mind an issue concerning the alcohol Prohibition; there was a pretty common occurrence of 'jake leg' and blindness during this time. When there is prohibition, there's always a way around it, and people will find it, sometimes with bad consequences.
Where have you guys seen talk of a ban?

LittleBuford

You may have missed my post on the previous page of what my province just announced in terms of finally regulating vaping, specifically trying to target the number of youth who are using.
But that still isn’t what I would consider a ban. Unless I misunderstood, it’s heavy regulation.

Ladybat

But that still isn’t what I would consider a ban. Unless I misunderstood, it’s heavy regulation.
Its not a total ban on vape juice but might as well be because its a ban on flavored E Juice which is what vapors buy the most. Flavored juices make up about 70% of sales in vape and smoke shops. Regular tobacco and menthol flavored juices barely sell because very few people like them. Most people who switch from cigarettes to vape start with tobacco flavored but quickly switch to the flavors with nicotine because the taste is so much better. Also, helps a lot of folks, myself included, with sweet cravings. Instead of a chocolate bar I can vape chocolate flavored e juice. Not as filling of course but much better than the calories. And chewing gum only makes me even more hungry.

The other very unfair thing that has happened to the vape industry is the negative and down right lies that are being blown all over the main stream news media. Scared a lot of folks into no longer vaping. Some have even returned to smoking. But lately at least some news outlets seem to be easing off and allowing the other side to be heard and admitting that it was THC oil that was causing the illnesses not regulated vape juice that is sold on smoke/vape shop shelves. Still big tobacco achieved its intended goal and has greatly hurt its one and only real competitor. The only one they ever had. Now big tobacco is going to offer a new kind of E cigarette on the market. It has even more dangerous substances in it than cigarettes have. They want to clear out vape pins as well so that only theirs will be what is available to buy. But the vape industry will fight back. Probably won't win because does not have any where near the power big T has but we will try. I say we because I support the adult public's right to vape.

Hope you and yours are well and enjoying happy Holidays Buford.

Ladybat

In case any one is interested.... Big tobacco would like to see vape products done away with while they flood the market with their new smoking alternative that the FDA seems to be perfectly fine with yet bound and determined to do every thing in its power to end the adult public right to vape instead of smoke.

Here is what Big T would have the public believe is a "safer alternative" to regular cigarette smoking....

iQOS smoking device

Philip Morris IQOS No Less Harmful Than Cigarettes, French Pneumologist Says

Are 'Heat-Not-Burn' Tobacco Products Safer Than Cigarettes?

Philip Morris hides data in plain sight on dangers of new heat-not-burn product

Ladybat

Vaping linked to teen's 'popcorn lung' type injury https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50494871
Interesting article. An excerpt from it reads....

"What happened to the patient?
The boy had vaped daily for five months using flavoured cartridges and regularly added THC - the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis - to his vaping fluid. His parents told the doctors he also had a habit of inhaling deeply when vaping." End quote

THC is not suppose to be vaped as it has vitamin E oil in it that is used to extract the THC. This is a dangerous substance to vape. THC is NOT a component in flavored vape fluids. Regulated vape fluids sold on vape/smoke shop shelves does not contain THC. Adults and teens alike get THC from the street and from cannabis dispenseries.

Cell phones and cars are wonderful inventions that we adults use on a daily basis but when teens use these things they often are reckless in regard to texting and driving. Many deaths have happened because of it.

Should cell phones and cars be banned from Teen use as well?

Is it the fault of the car makers, cell phone makers and the rest of the ADULT POPULATION that teens text while driving? Or even drink alcohol and use other substances while driving? Because prohibition on these things for teens did not really solve the problem entirely because they still get their hands on them.

How many of these teen vape related illnesses are really caused from regulated flavored vape fluid sold on Vape/smoke shop shelves and how many are caused by THC oil, which is NOT sold on shop shelves? How many teens would be like the one in this article who actually ADMITTED to adding THC oil daily? I find it hard to believe most teens who might get sick from vaping would admit they were vaping something other than regulated flavored vape fluid.

I vaped flavored vape fluid for many years on a daily basis. I still do occasionally enjoy one. I never got sick from it. Nor do I know any one else who has and I know a lot of vapers. But we do not put substances in our vape pins that is sold on the streets made by people who are putting God knows what in them.

Tanna Eros

Oh.... That's where the vitamin E comes in.
Recall when it was common to buy vitamin E, poke the gel capsule with a needle, and apply the oil to sewn surgery scars?
I was wondering why people were putting Vitamin E oil in their smoking liquid. Now I understand.

Last edited:

Ladybat

Oh.... That's where the vitamin E comes in.
Recall when it was common to buy vitamin E, poke the gel capsule with a needle, and apply the oil to sewn surgery scars?
I was wondering why people were putting Vitamin E oil in their smoking liquid. Now I understand.
You might find these reports interesting reads.....

Contaminated THC Oil Causing Vaping Deaths Not E-Cigs

And....

Vitamin E oil thickeners explored as vaping lung disease cause

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
You might find these reports interesting reads.....

Contaminated THC Oil Causing Vaping Deaths Not E-Cigs

And....

Vitamin E oil thickeners explored as vaping lung disease cause
Id like to add that what my province is doing to regulate is not about the illegal products as much, and more about the lack of investment of information and knowledge by our government towards youth. They admitted to being slow on reform and now we have a youth vaping epidemic, which schools don’t have anyway to grapple with.

People, especially youth that weren’t addicted to nicotine or smoking, are now massively addicted. Vaping a pack worth of nicotine in one cartridge. My province has labeled nicotine a health crisis, enabling them to finally tackle the issue.

This is not being marketed as a product to assist smokers, but a shiny new pastime to take up. In my province, that is changing. And I welcome it.

Tanna Eros

Id like to add that what my province is doing to regulate is not about the illegal products as much, and more about the lack of investment of information and knowledge by our government towards youth. They admitted to being slow on reform and now we have a youth vaping epidemic, which schools don’t have anyway to grapple with.

People, especially youth that weren’t addicted to nicotine or smoking, are now massively addicted. Vaping a pack worth of nicotine in one cartridge. My province has labeled nicotine a health crisis, enabling them to finally tackle the issue.

This is not being marketed as a product to assist smokers, but a shiny new pastime to take up. In my province, that is changing. And I welcome it.
Thank you. I don't know how long a cartridge lasts, though. I have a hookah, I have snus for smokeless tobacco, I have an e-cig I bought a long time ago for a trip, but no vaping equipment or knowledge at all, it seems.

Top Bottom