Value Resort vs Hotel Royal Plaza

IlovyensiD

Original Poster
I need some help and opinions. We were going to stay at the Pop Century over 4th of July, but we found a better rate at the HRP in Downtown Disney. Which would be best to stay at? Your opinions are appreciated? Are there any advantages of staying at one over the other? Thanks for your help:sohappy:

nikechic

Originally posted by IlovyensiD
I need some help and opinions. We were going to stay at the Pop Century over 4th of July, but we found a better rate at the HRP in Downtown Disney. Which would be best to stay at? Your opinions are appreciated? Are there any advantages of staying at one over the other? Thanks for your help:sohappy:

1. Transportation. The Disney Property hotels have much better more frequent transport. Plus each Disney hotel has their own buses while the buses for the Hotels on Plaza Blvd all have the same bus.

2. E-ride night. You can only do this is you are staying at a Disney Resort, so it might be something to consider.

I hope that helps. I would stay at Pop century. OF course money is always a good reason to stay at the other.

-Laurel

maryann audette

value resorts vs HRP

i stayed at the All Star Movies last year and loved it! i think it is much more convienient to stay on property vs off. staying on property you get more ammenities like early entry days, e-ride nights as well as several modes of transportation to and from the parks. my boyfriend & i are going to WDW 9/9-9/18 and are staying at the Pop Century....can't wait!!!!! :sohappy:

IlovyensiD

Original Poster
On mousears.com it says that you can get e-night tickets if you are staying at Downtown Disney Hotels? Is this not so? Also it states that you can get in for the early hour if you are at a Downtown Disney hotel. Does anyone know is this is true? This would make a big difference in our decision. Thanks

tigsmom

I'd have to agree with staying on property. I've done both and for me there is no comparison. If you have the money do the Pop Century. There is just something about being in the magic 24/7.

MsSnuzi

On mousears.com it says that you can get e-night tickets if you are staying at Downtown Disney Hotels? Is this not so? Also it states that you can get in for the early hour if you are at a Downtown Disney hotel. Does anyone know is this is true? This would make a big difference in our decision. Thanks

We stayed with a large group of 125 people at the HRP and got a great rate - including kids in the group 15 or under ate free at the hotel restaurant and the pool bar. We had no problem with transportation, longest wait was 15 minutes and had access to purchase passes to extended nights - we had an early entrance to Studios because the kids did a workshop, so I'm not sure about early entrance for hotel guests. We were very happy with the rooms.
This was in July of 2002 so I'm not sure if things have changed but we had a great time!

My personal pref is to stay on property - but it was better for the group to stay at RHP and we had no regrets.

PhilharMagician

You just might want to check that out. I believe that only some of the hotels have that option, not all. So you do not want to stay in the wrong hotel and not be able to do the things you want to.

daisylove

Hope this helps. On Mousavers.com there is a review of the hotel and its amenities including i think info regarding busses and early admission also pictures of the hotel. Good luck. I stayed at POP last month and loved it but it is after alla value resort so if you think the other onelooks better go for it.

StevenT

I don't know how they look on the inside but the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. are all pretty old looking on the outside. On the other hand Pop Century is brand new so you are pretty much guarenteed a great, clean room.

Disnycrazy

I would say to stay at Pop Century. My family and I stayed at HRP 2 years ago and hated it so much that we complained to our Travel Agent and they refunded us 1/2 of what we paid. The room was way too small for us. We were promised one type of room and got something completely different. We were switched to 3 different rooms for them to try and accomodate us. I also have to say that each room we were in was not clean. Ever since that expierence with the off site hotels, we have been staying on site. Let me tell you the difference everything is so convienent and we are always accomodated so well. We love the convience of being so close to the Magic. I would definetly say the Pop Century would be your best choice. Also, Disney is having some really gret deal right now like the 5 for 7 which includes travel from 7/5/04 through 11/18/04. If you are flexible with your travel dates you might want to check into the deals that are going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom