Vaction home near WDW

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Do any of you own a vacation home near to WDW? How often do you get to visit there, and how do you like it? :)

DISMUM

I have had a vacation home for 5 years just off the intersection of the 192/27 .We love it but don't get to visit very often as the only way to make it pay is to rent it out for most of the year -helps with the bills.Owning a s econd home is not all its cracked up to be especially near the World as the competition is tough and growing every day as they build more homes. But that said I wouldn't be without it what it needs is for more and more americans to realise the benefits of renting a pool home especially direct from the owner rather than through an agency and the market wouldn't have so many resales.

if anyone would like to see my home its here

www.Jansfloridavilla.co.uk

Dizzy

We have a Florida vacation home within 15 mins of Disney and absolutely love it. :sohappy:

We go over twice a year but it has to be rented out to pay its way. It takes a lot of work but we wouldn't miss our trips over to get our 'fix'! :wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I believe DonickCo's family owns a Vacation home.... Nick, care to chime in?

DonickCo

Hi, Steve

My family has a vacation home off 192 by mile marker 14, over by medieval times.
We go down there as much as work allows us to. we have a management company that caters only to overseas visitors. I believe mostly form your neck of the woods. I have yet to have any problems with the tenants. We tend to rent it from 1 to 4 weeks at a time.

We love it, I wouldn’t say it’s the same as staying at a resort, Its almost like living on Disney property. And its great to be able to offer it to friends and family when they travel.

Hope this helps
-DonickCo

Photos of the house

scorp111

Originally posted by DISMUM
I have had a vacation home for 5 years just off the intersection of the 192/27 .We love it but don't get to visit very often as the only way to make it pay is to rent it out for most of the year -helps with the bills.Owning a s econd home is not all its cracked up to be especially near the World as the competition is tough and growing every day as they build more homes. But that said I wouldn't be without it what it needs is for more and more americans to realise the benefits of renting a pool home especially direct from the owner rather than through an agency and the market wouldn't have so many resales.

Very Very nice!

DISMUM

Thanks Scorp 111 :animwink:

alway willing to deal with fellow forum members if they want to try renting a home to stay in.

anabella

Hi!
I also own a house (actually a 5 beds house and a townhome) both under construction at the new Windsor Hills Resort, before that I owned at Windsor Palms, the experience was soooooo good that we wanted to expand and get closer to the magic (WH will be only 1.5 mile from the entrance!)
if you want to take a look my website is www.fantasiahome.com

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by DISMUM
I have had a vacation home for 5 years just off the intersection of the 192/27

Very nice. We stayed at Davenport Lakes last year in a rental home and enjoyed the place very much.
Do you rent privately or throuigh a management company ?

DISMUM

Hi Captain Hook
I rent it out myself as I like the idea of getting to know my guests and their requirements so I can help them in any way possible that will help their vacation go smoothly.

anabella

Me too, I do all myself and have in FL a caretaker that keeps the house in perfect conditions and take cares of my guests needs

metman

we have a property also on i-27 with the intesection of 192. here is our house www.945durango.com. we get to our house about 3 times a year and yes it is very hard to rent it out with all the competion.
we are from england so the flight time is the worst (9) hours but it is worth it. when we walk out into that florida heat. we also own dvc in vero and go to the hotel for 2 or 3 days when we are over in florida. but i still love staying in disney property but i also love comming home to my own house in florida.

all the best andy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom