Vaccinated Out Of State Visitors Now Allowed in CA Theme Parks

HairyChest

Original Poster
Lets see what happens with reservation availability now. I’m hoping it won’t sell out so I can be offered an annual pass sooner rather than later.

Darkbeer1

Lets see what happens with reservation availability now. I’m hoping it won’t sell out so I can be offered an annual pass sooner rather than later.
Nothing REQUIRES Theme Parks to accept/deal with checking paperwork.

They can just keep the in-state only rule, and have folks "Self-Attest" by clicking a box.

Parks can decide it will be too much of a hassle.

ToTBellHop

They can just keep the in-state only rule, and have folks "Self-Attest" by clicking a box.

I don’t know why Disney would not want those from out of state and their money. It would be easy to update the attestation to “I attest that I am a CA resident or a resident from out-of-state who can provide a vaccine card or negative Covid-19 test completed within 72 hours of my visit.”

fctiger

This is good news, but not surprising. At the rate of vaccinations now hitting over 3 million a day (got my first dose today yaaaaay) it just makes sense to open things up for those people. And my guess is probably by mid summer everyone will be allowed to come regardless if vaccinated or out of state.

HairyChest

Original Poster

True but I highly doubt out of state visitors booked and paid for flights and hotel rooms with possible risk of denied access to the parks. This is huge.

ToTBellHop

True but I highly doubt out of state visitors booked and paid for flights and hotel rooms with possible risk of denied access to the parks. This is huge.
Absolutely. It gives my family a path forward. Hopefully, the testing requirement is gone by August, but as a worst-case scenario, we get the kids tested the day before our visit and again on day 4. Worth it. We would have canceled our trip if there wasn’t a clear path to entering the park for us. Not worth the risk. So I’m ecstatic.

fctiger

Yeah, I think this will still stop most from trying to gain the system knowing if they are denied entry after paying and taking time out for it, most won't risk it. And if you really want to go, just get freaking vaccinated first, done.

waltography

Is this confirmed? I'm reading some conflicting threads on Twitter saying this might/might not apply to the theme parks:

They're getting a response from CDPH by tomorrow, so I guess we'll see.

ToTBellHop

Is this confirmed? I'm reading some conflicting threads on Twitter saying this might/might not apply to the theme parks:

They're getting a response from CDPH by tomorrow, so I guess we'll see.

The only thing confirmed is the wording on the addendum and Sea World’s interpretation. I’d be surprised if Sea World did this without contacting someone in CDPH beforehand. If it applies to Sea World, it applies to everyone.

Curious Constance

Also, I also never realized that CA residents don’t carry the COVID virus and transmit it to others. At least I’m assuming they don’t since out of state visitors can’t visit without proving they’re vaccinated or tested and CA residents don’t need to. And I mean that really wouldn’t make sense if you’re main purpose is to limit the virus spread at theme parks. So congrats Californians on being disease free!

fctiger

Also, I also never realized that CA residents don’t carry the COVID virus and transmit it to others. At least I’m assuming they don’t since out of state visitors can’t visit without proving they’re vaccinated or tested and CA residents don’t need to. And I mean that really wouldn’t make sense if you’re main purpose is to limit the virus spread at theme parks. So congrats Californians on being disease free!

In all honesty when this first started, most states you were suppose to self-quarantine when you came for 7-14 days, but we all know how well that went lol. I'm glad CA is still trying to do SOMETHING, but honestly it makes very little difference since nothing really stops anyone from coming into the state without tests or vaccination with zero enforcement. Yes maybe you can't get into a few theme parks, but nothing stops anyone from going to practically anyplace else in the state.

Darkbeer1

A couple of points.

First off, they way the Blueprint Rules work. Everyone in the state must follow the "Shall not" rules, Then you must check the County rules, as they can add more strict rules. Finally, the operator can also add additional rules that are more strict.

The Disney Lawyers are 100% happy with the "Self Attest" rules because A) The wording used on the website for registrations is EXACTLY the wording the State used. B) If the guest made a mistake or lied when checking the box, that is 100% on the guest, and Disney is off the hook.

Adding a way for Disney to pro-actively verify the Vaccine Card, or the negative test results within 72 hours opens the company to make mistakes and lawsuits. Disney might want to avoid that, and stick with the self-attest rules until June 15th.

Is it worth changing the system for a month and a half? That is the question all California Theme/Amusement parks have to figure out.

I was part of a Dignity Health Sports Park Zoom meeting just before I wrote this, and the June 15th date came up many times. And it is "we are planning and hopefully that we can shift on that date."

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

In all honesty when this first started, most states you were suppose to self-quarantine when you came for 7-14 days, but we all know how well that went lol. I'm glad CA is still trying to do SOMETHING, but honestly it makes very little difference since nothing really stops anyone from coming into the state without tests or vaccination with zero enforcement. Yes maybe you can't get into a few theme parks, but nothing stops anyone from going to practically anyplace else in the state.
Well, Outdoor Sporting events, and indoor events, which have in-state rules.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom