Vacation Kingdom Dinner Tickets

Mec1137

Original Poster
My mom left me 2 Vacation Kingdom Dinner Tickets for Walt Disney World

Dated 1981.

Most restaurants don't even exist. Would Disney still honor these and if they do, where?

I know my parents called about 10 yrs ago to verify but things might have changed.

How would I find other tickets like it to see value?

Smiley/OCD

I can’t say for sure, but I know they do honor park tickets from decades ago, so I would think they would assign some monetary value for them…I would call them and ask, BUT just remember that depending on what cash value they assign to them, the possibility always exists that they could be worth more selling them on eBay as a collectible…you won’t know until you ask…good luck and keep us posted!

Mec1137

Original Poster
20220726_190222.jpg

Mec1137

Original Poster
I have Hoop Dee Doo vouchers from the 80s that they will still honor but I'd rather keep the ticket media for sentimental value.
Interesting, the women I spoke to said they called the concierge at Fort Wilderness and said they didn't have any value.

She told me I need to go to guest relations at WDW entrance and ask there since most have worked for the park for some time

Mec1137

Original Poster
Yep! These are the same tickets I have. I haven't looked at mine for awhile. You can check with GR - they're SUPPOSED to honor them since there's no expiration date but I'm keeping mine as keepsakes of time gone by
Out of the 7 people I spoke to yesterday, all of them were stumped. You would think there would be a more definitive answer. I do want to use mine if and when I can. Even if its just Hoop dee doo. I would prefer another restaurant as my wife as a ton of allergies.

I have a friend who goes a lot. He says they will eventually honor it. But when or how is the bigger question.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Out of the 7 people I spoke to yesterday, all of them were stumped. You would think there would be a more definitive answer. I do want to use mine if and when I can. Even if its just Hoop dee doo. I would prefer another restaurant as my wife as a ton of allergies.

I have a friend who goes a lot. He says they will eventually honor it. But when or how is the bigger question.
From what I understand, when I asked about mine a few years ago, there's a $ value to those vouchers (not much) and that would go towards Hoop Dee Doo tickets - as the voucher says tip is not included (it is now). You'd probably get more $$ selling them on eBay if that's your end goal.

Mec1137

Original Poster
That doesn't make sense considering that a single park entrance ticket is still good for entrance to the park. a 1970ish ticket was $5.50 but can be use to enter the park when tickets are $150. But a dinner ticket with no value will only be good for a value Disney determines? They wouldn't really be honoring that dinner ticket in the same way as a Disney Entrance ticket.

Mec1137

Original Poster
Went to guest relations at 2 parks.

The concern is the punch on it. They keep thinking it's used because it show a punch on the adult part. But it's not signed or anything on the back. Wouldn't it have been turned over at that point anyway if it was used?

Mec1137

Original Poster
Has anyone checked theres to verify theirs are still valid? How did you go about getting them used?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Went to guest relations at 2 parks.

The concern is the punch on it. They keep thinking it's used because it show a punch on the adult part. But it's not signed or anything on the back. Wouldn't it have been turned over at that point anyway if it was used?
The problem is that on older paper ticket media, a punch indicates a used day.
Ticket.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom