Vacation Club Villas

evanssc

Original Poster
My wife and I became members of the Disney Vacation Club last year. This year will be our first trip as members and I was hoping to hear from other members out there as to your favorite Vacation Club property. Which is your top pick and why?
Thanks

cindy_k

I like them all. They each have some features thats wonderful, and well I'm just happy I'm at Disney. :)

I have stayed at all the villas at WDW, except for the Beach Club (but I have stayed at the Yacht Club in a regular room).

For Space.. and I mean SPACE! I love Old Key West. The 2 bedroom is bigger than most people's apartments. The resort is peaceful and we usually stay near turtle pond which has a nice pool area and a playground.

For convience to DTD, You can't beat Saratoga Springs Resort. The rooms are nice too. (of course you have to ignore the construction going on right now.)

For convience to EPCOT (and mgm) and the Best Pool on Property, Well you can't beat the Beach Club. Storm Along Bay is awesome, and you can't pool hop to it.

For convience to MGM (and epcot),the Second best pool and close to the night life on the boardwalk, well then the Boardwalk Villas are it. My son loves that rollercoaster slide.

For convience to MK, and Fort Wilderness, then the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge are where I want to be.

Oh and be sure to look at the rugs in the hallways for Hidden Mickey's we always find a few. :D

Pioneer Hall

I am not a member, but I do have opinions. I am thinking that the Beach Club and Boardwalk Villas would probably be the nicest and best choice. They have a lot of action going on between them, and are a quick walk over to Epcot and the Studios. Wilderness Lodge would be next in line for me. You can save the DTD resorts for another time. I like access to the parks as opposed to DTD.

dvcnut39

Welcome to DVC and to the boards. I feel that Cindy K did an excellent job describing the resorts. My personal favorite is Beach Club Villas. Central location in WDW, walking distance to EPCOT, short boat ride to Disney-MGM, stay right on Disney's Boardwalk, great quiet pool, and Stormalong Bay. Doesn't get too much better than that.

Gail Hayden

evanssc said:
My wife and I became members of the Disney Vacation Club last year. This year will be our first trip as members and I was hoping to hear from other members out there as to your favorite Vacation Club property. Which is your top pick and why?
Thanks

Welcome Home!!!

My favorite is OKW. Size, quiet, the vita bath is the largest (aka jacuzzi), the kitchen has an ice maker and it is really large. I have stayed there too many times to count since 92 and I have really no desire to try anything else. I am not fond of hotel type accomodations and being able to park the car right outside the unit is a big plus for me. Also, the points are the lowest of them all.
I did try Vero, once, and I was bored out of my mind. :) Beautiful resort, just not a lot to do if you don't like the beach. :)

egionet

Gail Hayden said:
Welcome Home!!!

My favorite is OKW. Size, quiet, the vita bath is the largest (aka jacuzzi), the kitchen has an ice maker and it is really large. I have stayed there too many times to count since 92 and I have really no desire to try anything else. I am not fond of hotel type accomodations and being able to park the car right outside the unit is a big plus for me. Also, the points are the lowest of them all.
I did try Vero, once, and I was bored out of my mind. :) Beautiful resort, just not a lot to do if you don't like the beach. :)

My family has been members since '92 as well, and we always stay at OKW. For the exact same reasons Gail has already mentioned. They are the biggest rooms and use the least amounts of points. Not to mention it is a lot quieter and more relaxing when you aren't at the parks. We have thought about staying in the other villas. But after a lot of consideration, we always go back to OKW because we like it that much!

Gail Hayden

egionet said:
My family has been members since '92 as well, and we always stay at OKW. For the exact same reasons Gail has already mentioned. They are the biggest rooms and use the least amounts of points. Not to mention it is a lot quieter and more relaxing when you aren't at the parks. We have thought about staying in the other villas. But after a lot of consideration, we always go back to OKW because we like it that much!

Hey, Northford, isn't that near New Haven? Nice to see others from CT here.
:)

egionet

Gail Hayden said:
Hey, Northford, isn't that near New Haven? Nice to see others from CT here.
:)

Yes Northford (aka North Brandford) is just east of North Haven. We live very much near each other!

Ms Brer Rabbit

It's nice to chat with those who enjoy the DVC as much as we do..Members since 99 we own in WL and BW. We LOVE WL especially in the fall but there's something to be said for the location of the BW and BC. You'll appreciate the leisurely stroll "home" after Illuminations. Storm Along Bay pool at BC is the best and that location is perfect for coming back to "freshen up" before heading out to dinner and the evenings entertainment. I would love to get together with other DVC owners in our area..a bit North of Philadelphia..

Gail Hayden

egionet said:
Yes Northford (aka North Brandford) is just east of North Haven. We live very much near each other!

Closer than you realize, we are staying, temp, in Branford. LOL. I hope we close on the house soon, this motel living is for the birds. :)

Gail Hayden

Ms Brer Rabbit said:
It's nice to chat with those who enjoy the DVC as much as we do..Members since 99 we own in WL and BW. We LOVE WL especially in the fall but there's something to be said for the location of the BW and BC. You'll appreciate the leisurely stroll "home" after Illuminations. Storm Along Bay pool at BC is the best and that location is perfect for coming back to "freshen up" before heading out to dinner and the evenings entertainment. I would love to get together with other DVC owners in our area..a bit North of Philadelphia..

It is nice to chat with other DVC members, especially those that are positive about thier ownership. :) I also like the fact that there are different resorts and it appears that they all have an appeal to different tastes. :)

CAPTAINJACK

Cindy K's reply is right on the money. We have been members since 2001, and have stayed at OKW, WL, and most recently BW (just got back on Tuesday). The location of BC to Epcot and MGM, along with the pool would be my top pick, even though I haven't stayed there. I also liked WL because it's close to MK (I've got three kids under 10), and the resort is beautiful.

No matter where you stay, here are some things we learned about our three DVC visits:
1. Don't let them put you at the end (we've been at the end twice - it is a REALLLLY long walk).
2. If you want to save time, order your groceries through the service DVC provides. It's more expensive, but everything is more expensive in WDW anyway, and you don't have to do the shopping.
3. Take advantage of the free valet parking in the "Villas" resorts.

Have fun!

Gail Hayden

CAPTAINJACK said:
Cindy K's reply is right on the money. We have been members since 2001, and have stayed at OKW, WL, and most recently BW (just got back on Tuesday). The location of BC to Epcot and MGM, along with the pool would be my top pick, even though I haven't stayed there. I also liked WL because it's close to MK (I've got three kids under 10), and the resort is beautiful.

No matter where you stay, here are some things we learned about our three DVC visits:
1. Don't let them put you at the end (we've been at the end twice - it is a REALLLLY long walk).
2. If you want to save time, order your groceries through the service DVC provides. It's more expensive, but everything is more expensive in WDW anyway, and you don't have to do the shopping.
3. Take advantage of the free valet parking in the "Villas" resorts.
Have fun!
There is really no long walk regardless of your unit at OKW. Parking, with a few exceptions,parking is right outside your unit/building.
We take the 2 hours on the first day and to to Sam's Club and Super WalMart to shop, saves a ton of money. I refuse to pay 40% more to have someone shop for me, but, that is just me. :)
Valet parking is available only at DVC resorts, is that what you mean by "villas" resorts?
I like this thread, talking and sharing is fun. :)

cindy_k

Gail Hayden said:
We take the 2 hours on the first day and to to Sam's Club and Super WalMart to shop, saves a ton of money. I refuse to pay 40% more to have someone shop for me, but, that is just me. :)

I shop at Winn Dixie myself. Its a bit more expensive than the Wal-mart but its very close to the property.
Here's a map of how to get from OKW to Winn-Dixie. http://cindykerns.objectis.net/regularevents/maptowinndixie/view

PS if you are going to shop at WinnDixie be sure and get their Frequent Shopper card. You can order one for free on their website www.winndixie.com a few weeks before you leave home and they will mail it to ya. (saves money and time)

This is a fun thread! I forgot to mention, that I own at Wilderness and Saratoga Springs. :D
Have a fun trip!

egionet

cindy_k said:
I shop at Winn Dixie myself. Its a bit more expensive than the Wal-mart but its very close to the property.
Here's a map of how to get from OKW to Winn-Dixie. http://cindykerns.objectis.net/regularevents/maptowinndixie/view

PS if you are going to shop at WinnDixie be sure and get their Frequent Shopper card. You can order one for free on their website www.winndixie.com a few weeks before you leave home and they will mail it to ya. (saves money and time)

This is a fun thread! I forgot to mention, that I own at Wilderness and Saratoga Springs. :D
Have a fun trip!

Personally I like Publix :sohappy: I like the one on Vineland Ave right next to Dixie Stampede, the Premium Outlets, and Mary Queen of the Universe Catholic Shrine (I love that name - it makes me laugh). I think it's the cleanest of all the supermarkets in the area. Plus the prices aren't outrageous. I shopped there during my CP and didn't go broke due to food purchases.

Gail Hayden

cindy_k said:

Have a fun trip!

I have done Winn Dixie and the prices are not that much higher, but, Sam's Club is very near WalMart, so, we just do one trip. There is a new WalMart being built on 535, so that will make the trip even shorter. I do have a Frequent Shopper card for Winn, got it a couple of years ago. Nice tip, thanks for sharing. :)

I own at OKW, bet you could not tell, right? LOL

CAPTAINJACK

Gail Hayden said:
There is really no long walk regardless of your unit at OKW. Parking, with a few exceptions,parking is right outside your unit/building.
Valet parking is available only at DVC resorts, is that what you mean by "villas" resorts?

OKW - Got that. I was not referring to that particular resort, as parking is right in front of your villa. I was referring to the villas that are a part of a hotel-type resort (particularly WL and BW). That is also what I mean by "villas" in the valet parking comment (I know that Disney calls them all villas - I was trying to differentiate between the Hotel-type and the park-right-in-front-of-your-place type villas).

As far as the groceries - We try to bring things down with us, and like to go right into the parks when we get there, and we have no guarantee that we get into our room right away. So we like the convenience of the service with the understanding that we are paying a lot more than at the local super market. We also tend not to need all that much, so it doesn't cost us that much more in total. I think it comes down to do you want to save a few bucks by making a trip, or save the trip by paying a few bucks. :)

Any way you look at it, you don't have to hoof it down to the hotel restaurant for a big cup of coffee and a bagel each morning, so its all good!

bears163

Ms Brer Rabbit WE LIVE JUST EAST OF PHILLY. we joined just a few months ago, our first trip as DVC members is only 319 days away. dec 10-15 or 16th not sure yet pends on what airport we flyout of. went out of philly in sept and di not like the trip down and back. but it is the cheapest around for usair. think southwest out of baltimore this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom