V&A or Cinderella's Royal Table?

Leesalove321

Original Poster
So, Its my Sweet 16 soon and ive never spend it at Disney! I have a pretty prom-ish dress im going to wear for dinner. Where do you think would be best for a special occasion? I know im going to Bon Voyage Character Breakfast if that helps at all. Thanks! (Theres just SO many pros and cons lists im making lol)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
IMO V&A is more suited to a romantic couple's dinner. You don't say how many in your party? I think Cindy's would be nice whether you're on your own or with others. It tends to be a slow-paced meal to accommodate conversation and character visits, so if you're solo, it'll require a little patience, but still worth it. ;)

Minnie Mum

If you're referring to the dress you showed in your other thread, I wouldn't wear it anywhere inside a park. But V&As is in a category all its own. It is geared to adults enjoying a lengthy multicourse dinner over a few hours. And it is expensive, so you really need to consider how many people are going to be with you send who is footing the bill. Perhaps you could compromise with a nice dinner at a signature restaurant?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
May I suggest Cali Grill? CRT is nice, but (in my opinion) it doesn't have that "feel" of an upscale restaurant. Sure it's pricey and the meals are a cut above your average restaurant but most of the hype is simply because you are in the castle. V&A is kind of the opposite extreme. It is VERY pricey and VERY upscale. As other's have said, it's a very slow meal more geared to couples seeking conversation.

Cali Grill is a nice middle point, PLUS if you want to see the fireworks, it's a prime location. AND you could wear your dress there without issue...

Phonedave

V&A and CRT are like comparing apples and bowling balls.

They are really to very different experiences in almost all aspects (They are both in FL, so they do have that in common)

V&A is going to be way more expensive and take way longer than CRT. It is also going to be fine dining. All arguments about food quality and the impact of the DDP, and the 'dumbing down' of WDW food aside, CRT is not fine dining by any stretch. It may be really good, or OK, or meh, or garbage depending on who you talk to , but it is in no way approaching the level of V&A

If you are looking for a fun experience, with the experience of eating in the castle, and seeing some princesses, then go to CRT.

If you are looking to spend a lot of coin on some seriously well considered and prepared food, in a formal atmosphere, then V&A

As others have said, if you are just looking for a "nice" place to eat, there are better choices than CRT - Narcosse's and California Grill are right in the MK area.

Last edited:

durangojim

Congrats on your 16th! Wait to do V and A until you’re at least 21 and save it for a special occasion with someone you love. CRT is great and you’ll still have a great time!

piglet21

I don't know what you typically eat, but Victoria and Albert's might be a little too sophisticated for your palette. You can go to their website and see a sample menu for reference. I think Cinderella's Royal Table would be fun, but if you're looking for a more upscale dinner, I think like others have suggested that California Grill timed near the fireworks would be a perfect way to spend your birthday! You'll get good food in a more "adult" atmosphere than Cinderella's Royal Table with a great view of the fireworks, and you could easily wear your dress!

piglet21

That's just not true for a many people that grew up eating high end food... I did and it was not too sophisticated at all...
Same for me, which is why I said I wasn't sure what she typically eats. I think the average 16 year would probably not enjoy V&A's. If she's used to eating pizza, burgers, and other typical teenage foods, it might not be a dinner she'd enjoy. If instead she's used to eating higher end foods, she'd probably love it!

Leesalove321

Original Poster
Same for me, which is why I said I wasn't sure what she typically eats. I think the average 16 year would probably not enjoy V&A's. If she's used to eating pizza, burgers, and other typical teenage foods, it might not be a dinner she'd enjoy. If instead she's used to eating higher end foods, she'd probably love it!
Thanks for the Cali Grill idea! So many restaurants, not enough room in my head! I'm obsessed with seafood so I think Cali grill sounds great too! Weighing all options :)

JIMINYCR

Whose paying for the birthday trip and the dining? I hope you have checked out the dining sites for information and realize theres a big difference in the pricing for these restaurants, V& A being on the higher side. That may be a deciding factor in your choice of where to dine. Many guests opt out of trying V & A because of the cost.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

As we regularly go to all of the spots you mention....

What would make you happiest, at 16? V&A is a VERY elegant top end Restaurant. Think "Laura in Dr Zhivago". THIS is a serious Restaurant.

Or? Fun & Fireworks? Gotta suggest the California Grill. GREAT food - but an element of entertainment :).

YOUR birthday - you will decide :). We are old folks.... In the end? YOU get to pick :).

In the Parks
No
This coming from another 16 year old girl and by the way congrats on turning 16 and have a blast. I have never ate a V & A and to be honest have no interest in it at least right not or until I am much older. I did eat at the CRT and I thought the food was good but really what you are going for is the experience of eating in the castle and seeing some Princesses and it is a lot of fun. For a teen girl like myself it was something I will never forget.

Dave B

So, Its my Sweet 16 soon and ive never spend it at Disney! I have a pretty prom-ish dress im going to wear for dinner. Where do you think would be best for a special occasion? I know im going to Bon Voyage Character Breakfast if that helps at all. Thanks! (Theres just SO many pros and cons lists im making lol)
Definitely eat in the Castle, you will love the experience, make sure you tell them it's your B-day, have fun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom