Uzima Springs Pool Closure

Much-Pixie-Dust

They can and do. The standard savanna are ones that have pins )or staging area of sorts) below the balcony. Many are still a great view and all are better than a parking lot, IMO.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I hope we get something like this! Do you remember what room number you stayed in?

As long as I can't see and hear cars, then I'm fine. You'd think that a deluxe would not even have any car park views due to the price you pay. Aren't these assigned as the super duper budget rooms too?
It was Room 4552 on Uzima Savanna. We have had a standard view on Sunset Savanna and liked it too.

HwdStudio

When I arrive I am going to mention about the stress with the pool view room originally booked etc (reccomended by my TA) which may help me get a better view room. It's my dream resort, I've always wanted to stay there. 182 days!

Thank you for all your help :)
All that is going to get you is an “I’m sorry”.

esskay

When I arrive I am going to mention about the stress with the pool view room originally booked etc (reccomended by my TA) which may help me get a better view room. It's my dream resort, I've always wanted to stay there. 182 days!

Thank you for all your help :)
I wouldn't put your hopes into being moved too much. Even in quiet periods AKL is fairly busy. You're much better off writing a (friendly, not a "How dare you?!") email to them explaining that its your first time and were really upset to hear that the room you've paid an extra £XXX to have over a standard room will be obscured, and that you're now going to have to take a bus down to Kidani to use their pool.

Simply put the question to them - is there anything they can do to help.

Disney customer service are reasonable. But only if you aren't an . If you contact them telling them how awful they are thats not going to help. Go in with no expectations and just asking what options are available. If they say none, kindly ask if they could have their superior see if there is anything they could do (and if they flat out say no, just ask for them to call you). Chances are they'll sort it out for you.

ThatMouse

Disney customer service are reasonable. But only if you aren't an ***. If you contact them telling them how awful they are thats not going to help. Go in with no expectations and just asking what options are available. If they say none, kindly ask if they could have their superior see if there is anything they could do (and if they flat out say no, just ask for them to call you). Chances are they'll sort it out for you.

And if the friendly route doesn't work you can always complain and get free gift cards and fastpasses lol

When was the last time this pool was resurfaced? I thought it was about 5 years ago. GFV was just done early this year and I thought that was practically brand new.

Barcoco

So thought I'd update people - I rang Disney this afternoon and told them I wasn't happy with the pool being closed. They then gave me the offer to move resorts and offered SS or BWI free of charge. I decided to move to BWI and got a garden view room for no extra cost.
Same thing for me. I called up a couple of weeks ago and got moved free of charge from a standard view at AKL to a garden view at the BW.

I'm glad to hear they are moving people free of charge. I get it must be crazy everyday with people calling in. It's an impossible task to make people happy when they're doing refurbishments as large as taking an entire pool out of use along with other resort amenities. One can only hope a polite and open-ended call to Disney can bring a resolution to something. I'm staying at Jambo House in early August this year. I feel lucky to have missed the fall 2018 timing of most of the larger updates.

note2001

Disney customer service are reasonable. But only if you aren't an ***. If you contact them telling them how awful they are thats not going to help. Go in with no expectations and just asking what options are available. If they say none, kindly ask if they could have their superior see if there is anything they could do (and if they flat out say no, just ask for them to call you). Chances are they'll sort it out for you.
This.

I've known many folk in the hotel industry at all levels. Polite (and neat) folk will always be given more leeway than the rude, demanding, and the "poor me" folk. Doesn't matter if you're talking about management, sales or even IT. Just seems to be the unwritten rule, and Disney takes it a step further. Do not treat anyone in the industry with disrespect or it will come back to bite you, LOL. (Heard too many stories from the Hilton/Doubletree folk.)

crxbrett

I had to call Disney this morning for something completely unrelated to the Uzima pool closure. But without me even bringing the subject up, the extremely helpful and pleasant gal assisting me asked me if I I was aware that the pool was going to be closed on my stay. I told her I was and am going to just walk or bus to the pool at Kidani since my AKL lodge stay isn't long. She then offered to move me to the Boardwalk Inn free of charge, but I graciously turned the offer down.

Hayley In Wonderland

I wouldn't put your hopes into being moved too much. Even in quiet periods AKL is fairly busy. You're much better off writing a (friendly, not a "How dare you?!") email to them explaining that its your first time and were really upset to hear that the room you've paid an extra £XXX to have over a standard room will be obscured, and that you're now going to have to take a bus down to Kidani to use their pool.

I'm not a rude person anyway, I've worked in customer service since I left school so I know how crappy it can be.

I have tried this but since I booked via a TA, there is nothing they will do to help, which is why I will likely have to wait until I am there to speak with them. It's frustrating since I know the TA won't be trying to help or speaking to them the way that I could.

Sunset7132

I am majorly annoyed and upset by Disney. I am going here Nov 13 and staying at AKL with a pool view room. We get told 4 months before our departure that the entire pool will be shut. Now, if I was in a standard room, I would suck it up and deal with it. However I have paid more money in order to have a pool view room, and instead I will be looking out at machinery all day. Disney have said this is only a "minor" refurb, despite shutting and closing off all access to the pool for 3+ months. What's upsetting me is Disney are willing to do nothing to compensate for the fact that I paid extra for a pool view and I'm not getting that. I don't want to move resorts, I just either want to be compensated for what I paid or moved to a nicer room.
I was offered a theme park room at the poly for the same price I’m paying at AKL.. we took it.. and then changed our mind and rebooked at AKL . Nuthin Like the animals . Can swim anywhere

21stamps

Careful... don't judge people's preferences. Those savanna critters are beyond cool. :cool:
I adore the AKV savanna view rooms, but I've stayed in them so often I think I'd have taken the Poly, even a non-theme park view.

That’s not why I’m asking, although yes I can’t imagine making that choice.. my question is because of the price difference of Poly TPV and most AKL rooms, I’m curious what type of room would be offered that type of upgrade, especially given the fact that Poly doesn’t have a ton of theme park view rooms, and they typically sell out.

note2001

That’s not why I’m asking, although yes I can’t imagine making that choice.. my question is because of the price difference of Poly TPV and most AKL rooms, I’m curious what type of room would be offered that type of upgrade, especially given the fact that Poly doesn’t have a ton of theme park view rooms, and they typically sell out.
I've read a couple reports of people getting upgrades within the Poly to stay in the Bungalows. Seems they aren't selling out as much as they had hoped these days.

It might be that Disney is shuffling folk around to open up large groups of rooms to create deals on the less expensive (AKL) resorts while filling in the premier ones?

Sunset7132

Seriously? What kind of room are you staying in at AKL?
Yes seriously , it was a one time deal,would have cost us $2540 for. $9800 room
But after speaking with hubby we decided we enjoy the coziness of AKL and no view of the castle
Compared to all
The different animals we see with coffee in privacy in our savannah view
Room , at first I kept looking back thinking im
Nuts but ... i wanted to take the offer because wewill
Never afford that poly view room at cost , but who cares ... we are happy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom