using someone else's annual pass

healds

I have been told that you can successfully use someone else's annual pass, even with the fingerprint process. Has anyone heard about this or had personal experience?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by tenchu
no idea.

Hi Tenchu, not trying to sound rude here, but what is the point in replying if you have no idea? Feel free to reply like this in Chit Chat, but not in the rest of the boards. Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by healds
I have been told that you can successfully use someone else's annual pass, even with the fingerprint process. Has anyone heard about this or had personal experience?

Its possible, like any biometric authentication system, it IS possible to get through it. It largely depends on how tolerant the system is to reduce thenumber of false rejections. You are running a risk, and you would be asked for ID if you did fail the authentication. If they then discover the pass isnt yours, it will be revoked.

So in a nutshell, if I were you I wouldnt try it, it isnt worth the risk. :)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: using someone else's annual pass

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Its possible, like any biometric authentication system, it IS possible to get through it. It largely depends on how tolerant the system is to reduce thenumber of false rejections. You are running a risk, and you would be asked for ID if you did fail the authentication. If they then discover the pass isnt yours, it will be revoked.

So in a nutshell, if I were you I wouldnt try it, it isnt worth the risk. :)

I've seen a CM "wave" a frustrated guest through when the system kept reading a mismatch, but as Steve stated, the CM COULD have asked for ID!! I don't know if that guest was "cheating" the system, or if it was a system error. I agree with Steve...I wouldn't take the chance.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by moonchild
How bout the fact that is just not the right thing to do. :confused:

Only because Disney says it isn't. ;)

Seriously, I can understand the restrictions on yearly or seasonal passes, as they are issued to a specific person for a specific time period. However, I have no moral qualms about letting a friend or relative use the unused days on a regular pass, despite the rule against it. If I'm not going to use it, why should it sit in my drawer? If I buy a concert or movie ticket, and can't go, I can give it away. If I buy clothing and it doesn't fit, I can give it away (or return it) Actually, why doesn't Disney give refunds for unused ticket days? That would cut down on people transferring them! ;)

Upvote 0

Chad

If Asked for ID, simply say you didn't bring any..Then buy a ticket.

Me and my family and friends all have fun 'switching' passes (since there are like 12 of us that went last time) And all of us always get through with each others passes..

I was always curious about what would happen if a man with no fingers had to get through?

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I'm sure that they would scan the ticket to see how many days are left on it and then let him go thru.

My dad has a couple of fingers cut off at the bottom knuckle to do a farming accident, but none of them are the index or middle finger on the right hand.

Upvote 0

Maria

Wasn´t the question about "annual passes"? I wouldn´t risk it with an annual pass, and it doesn´t seem right for me.

For a parkhopper ticket, I don´t see it as a big deal. If I buy one and know I won´t be going in a good while and want to give it as a gift to someone else... why not? Also, if my dad bought tickets for all five of us, and then only three of us go back, what if we didn´t bring the right tickets for each one? :confused:

Sorry for the dumb questions, but it´s been a while since my dad bought tickets to go and I was never paying attention! Then, I used my main gate, comp. tickets and cast ID to get in! ;)

Upvote 0

2much2do

Originally posted by The Mom

Only because Disney says it isn't. ;)

Seriously, I can understand the restrictions on yearly or seasonal passes, as they are issued to a specific person for a specific time period.

Hi Mom,
I believe healds was asking about annual passes. I'm with everyone else. It is not the right thing to do, it is dishonest, cheating, stealing, whatever you want to call it. And, I think the risk of getting caught and having your friends pass revoked is really not worth it. Think about it, do you really want Mickey mad at you???

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I understood that he was asking about annual/seasonal passes. Excuse me for the thread drift to parkhoppers.

However, in reading the responses, I thought I might play devil's advocate and ask WHY, EXACTLY, is it wrong? I'm not saying I don't feel the same way, but I was trying to rationalize my feeling.

If someone buys an annual pass, theoretically, he is paying for 365 days of admission. Most people can't possibly do that, so WHY is it wrong to let someone use it on the days you can't go? And why do I (and lots of others) feel giving someone the remaining days on a parkhopper OK?

Aside from the obvious fact that it would cut down on ticket sales, and parking fees, how else is Disney hurt by this? If you aren't there, you aren't buying food, etc. The person you lend it to probably would. Wouldn't that even things out? Of course, they would love to have you come WITH the friend or relative, so you will ALL spend money. ;)

Upvote 0

sigsegv

However, in reading the responses, I thought I might play devil's advocate and ask WHY, EXACTLY, is it wrong?

Well, my thought on the matter is that when you bought the ticket, you agreed to certain terms and conditions. One of these is to not give the ticket to anyone else. In effect, you gave your word to not do this. After that, it's a matter of honor (or honour for our UK friends ;))

Does that make sense?

--sig

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by sigsegv

Well, my thought on the matter is that when you bought the ticket, you agreed to certain terms and conditions. One of these is to not give the ticket to anyone else. In effect, you gave your word to not do this. After that, it's a matter of honor (or honour for our UK friends ;))

Does that make sense?

--sig

In a sense it does, except the part about not giving it to anyone else is not revealed until AFTER you buy the ticket. Also, THEY say they can change some of the terms of the contract at any time...rides might not be open, shows might not be performed, etc. Why can't I? Does the act of handing them money really constitute a "pledge?" ;) Inquiring minds have got to know! :D

Upvote 0

sigsegv

Also, THEY say they can change some of the terms of the contract at any time...rides might not be open, shows might not be performed, etc. Why can't I? Does the act of handing them money really constitute a "pledge?" ;) Inquiring minds have got to know! :D

Like you said, the contract you agreed to did say that they could change the rules at any time, so you did agree to that. I may be mistaken (it's been a while since I bought an AP), but I don't think the contract says that you have the right to change the contract any time you want, so, since it's not in the contract that you agreed to. By giving them the money or not demanding your money back right after you read the contract when you got the tickets (you did read the contract right after you got the tickets, right? ;)), I believe you do give the contract tacit approval.

That said, I am not a lawyer (as if it weren't already abundantly obvious! :)) and heck, much crazier things are legal and illegal.... Who knows that the real truth is. I'm willing to bet that there's a lot of wiggle room in there WRT giving you contract terms only after you agree to the contract.

Unfortunately, they have us over a barrel. In the end, for most people buying an AP, it saves money VS buying other passes to the parks. If we don't think the restrictions they put on the tickets are right, then we shouldn't get APs. Of course, we'll just pay more money to Disney in the long run, so who's that really hurt? :(

--sig

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by sigsegv

Unfortunately, they have us over a barrel. In the end, for most people buying an AP, it saves money VS buying other passes to the parks. If we don't think the restrictions they put on the tickets are right, then we shouldn't get APs. Of course, we'll just pay more money to Disney in the long run, so who's that really hurt? :(

--sig

Aye, there's the rub! ;) As long as we WANT to go to WDW, we have to, and SHOULD, play by their rules. So far, millions of people, myself included, are willing to go along. Let's hope, for Disney's sake (and that of all WDW fanatics), it continues! ;)

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I'm a rule-follower and not a big risk-taker, so I wouldn't chance either using someone else's annual pass OR giving someone mine. That said, I have absolutely NO qualms about letting someone else use leftover days on my park-hopper - or using someone else's, for that matter. We do it every year (shhh!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom