Using old magic bands

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The pucks are currently for sale only in the Magic Band 2.0. The puck is the essential part of the band, the band itself it just a method to secure/carry it. Replacing the puck is essentially swapping the band. They just realized that people paying big bucks for a design might want it to be usable later on.

Thanks....so if I buy a MagicBand 2 now....like above for the cuteness....I understand I can link it to my reservation and tickets etc later.....so if THAT puck fails later, I can switch pucks from my bands the resort sends out that are the plain bands and over time buy a more inexpensive MB2 just to harvest the puck for my favored band. :angelic: Of course MB3 will likely surpass all that down the road. :happy:

dreamfinder

Thanks....so if I buy a MagicBand 2 now....like above for the cuteness....I understand I can link it to my reservation and tickets etc later.....so if THAT puck fails later, I can switch pucks from my bands the resort sends out that are the plain bands and over time buy a more inexpensive MB2 just to harvest the puck for my favored band. :angelic: Of course MB3 will likely surpass all that down the road. :happy:

You can have multiple active bands at any point. So an old MB1 from an old trip, a plain MB2 from an upcoming trip, a fancy MB2 you bought just because, etc. The system does apparently choke if you have too many active, but you can deactivate/reactivate bands as you wish. There are plenty of people who have a plethora of bands so they can match their moods/outfits. You can swap out the pucks if one does die, most definitely. The only thing you may not get if you swap pucks is any special features. Some of the MBs will cause different "Happy Mickey" lights/sounds at the touchpoints. So if you put a plain puck in the band that had special features, you wouldn't get special features anymore. Conversely, you could put a puck with effects into a plain band, and get a fancy band that looks normal.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ahhhh have not read on special features....fun! Would only hope a Dooney and Bourke one would have special features beyond the price! :angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom