Using Disney Gift Cards

coachyo

Original Poster
So where all can Disney gift cards be used in WDW?

Do the kiosks for snacks take them?

Or where they can’t be used?

Thanks, YO

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Like a PP said if they take CC's then they usually take GC's.
There are some carts that take cash only.
Its too difficult to list anywhere that does or does not ake them.
Just expect most places will.
Although personally I only use GC's if they were given to me as a gift.
I am not someone who sees the benefit of purchasing a ton of $$$$ in GC's not knowing how much I will actually spend just to save what amounts to a small percentage.

Goofyernmost

Because of construction at CBR in 2017 we were given $500+ in gift cards. We used them everywhere in WDW absolutely no problem
They are just a prepaid credit card with a gift card name. They are accepted anywhere that credit cards are accepted. Credit Cards like MasterCard or Visa. It it is not those two, then you need to check at the time if they take it. I used mine to buy my ticket, 2 Mickey Bars and a Dole Whip Float.

AndyS2992

Everywhere. Hand the card over, they swipe it, give you a receipt and will often tell you the remaining balance too.

HMFan999

I also want to mention that you can combine multiple gift cards into one and then attach that gift card to your magic band.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I also want to mention that you can combine multiple gift cards into one and then attach that gift card to your magic band.
You cannot "attach" it to a magic band. You can link a credit card to your MDE account charge back to you room reservation and go to the front desk to pay it down with gift cards.
Unless this is a new practice? In which case I would love a link to the info to read up on it.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Only issues I've ever had were at Swolphin (they don't accept them) and a few places at Disney Springs - chiefly the outdoor beer cart at Raglan or the outside patio at HoB.

While they do function like a credit card, they need to be on the Disney system in order to decrement funds/show remaining balance etc..

I've been to quite a few places like Hole in the Wall or the Splitsville Outdoor bar - that while they took the GC - they had to use to another register inside to process the transaction. So the prerequisite isn't just that - they accept credit cards.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom