Using a UK mobile phone in the US

Diamond Dot

Original Poster
Since My Disney Experience reared it's head I realised I would need a mobile (cell) phone whereas before I never did, not being on social media or having any need to call home. I ended up buying a cheap Tracphone from Walmart with a PAYG sim, which does work fine except I need to go to a WalMart to buy a top up card as I've never been able to do it online. But, the camera on the phone is not good, so I also bring in my UK phone simply for the camera, I'm not on any contract with this phone, just a PAYG card because I spend £10 every other month and rarely use it all up.
So this question is for any Brits who know what to do. How can I use my UK mobile phone for just data in the US without spending a fortune. What do you do, do you buy a US sim card for your phone or is there a UK provider who offers a decently priced data bundle. I tend to use no more than 5GB for a two week tripand only use more when watching the Mets on MLBTV if I was in line, which isn't going to happen for the next couple of trips.
Any advice would be helpful as I'm someone who likes to carry as little as possible into the parks.TIA.

Diamond Dot

Original Poster
Why not just use the free Wi-Fi that is in the parks?
I've found it unreliable with my phones, unless it has improved since 2019. Also it would be handy to have away from the parks like at the airport should I need transportation like an Uber. I'm not mobile phone savvy, I hardly use my phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom