• Kongfrontation

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Earthquake

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Back to the Future

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

howlin_mad

That was a tough decision, but my vote went for Jaws. The combination of the ride, shark, onboard sound and music, and fire effects make quite a ride.

DigitalDisney

Is JAWS really a classic attraction, though? It opened years after the park opened. Yeah, it was built with the park, and ran occasionally when the park opened, but they had to basically redesign the entire ride system.

Rider

As to fit the theme of a movie park I would have to say Earthquake.

You learn how the effects are done and then get to be "part of the movie".

howlin_mad

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
Is JAWS really a classic attraction, though?

You could look at that two ways. One way is to say it's not a classic because it opened a couple of years after the park did. The other way is to look at the spirit of the attraction and decide if it counts. There is a different version of Jaws at USH which was part of the studio tour many years prior to the opening of USF, and we all know that Jaws was intended on being part of the original set of attractions in the park. Let's just face it that the big fish was a hit in California and the full version was highly anticipated in Florida. Unfortunately the ride was highly unstable and didn't really open for good until a few years after the park opened, but it was built and operational atleast part-time until it was closed. Since the attraction was fully constructed and atleast partially open, then it qualifies to still be a classic ride despite the delays.

Definitely KonG, the others are too jerky (BTTF) or short (Earthquake)

What about E.T.??? Isn't that a classic?? This one has got to be one of my absolute fave dark rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom