Use of Debit/Credit Cards

MagicalMonorail

Hi all! I will be going on a "field-trip deluxe" to WDW this Friday with my school. Instead of using cash the whole time, I was wondering if I could use my debit card from MasterCard, which can also be used as a credit card. I know you can use this to pay for the hotel, but I don't know if you can use them in the gift shops or restaurants. Can someone please let me know? Thanks!

napnet

I'd say like 97% of the places take Credit Card... i used my BOA Visa Debit everywhere fine. The only ones that didnt take it was some of the street vendors and the funnel cakes in Epcot

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

I found that all the resturants and stores I went into, took visa. It's Disney I am sure that they will be more than happy to accomadate you.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

As long as it has the visa or MC logo on your debit card, you can use it anywhere in the world that visa or MC are accepted. I have used mine for years all over the world and all over The World.

Upvote 0

MissM

You can use it at almost every single snack cart even. Unless their system goes down which happened one time due to a massive thunder and lightning storm that took out their processing. It's a wireless network on the carts. But sure, everything from counter service (no signature required) to stores will take the debit cards without issue. I use my debit Mastercard constantly.
-m

Upvote 0

PJLukasik

I used my MC/Debit exclusively on my trip a few months back with no problems. There are also ATMs just in case you need to get cash or transfer funds.

Upvote 0

WTBAD

Leave the credit/debit card in the safe. Use your room key to charge everything back to your room. You will need to track your charges. Once you reach the hotel's limit, you'll have to call the front desk & ask them to put your charges to date thru on your credit card. This will let you charge again up to the hotel limit. Value Resorts have a $ 500 limit & Mods have a $ 1000 limit.

Upvote 0

bigang

check with you bank to be sure, but some banks have a daily limit to the numer of transactions, or purchase amount, and will decline purchases as a
security measure

Upvote 0

bigang

check with you bank to be sure, but some banks have a daily limit to the numer of transactions, or purchase amount, and will decline purchases as a
security measure

Upvote 0

bluefaery

WTBAD said:
Leave the credit/debit card in the safe. Use your room key to charge everything back to your room. You will need to track your charges. Once you reach the hotel's limit, you'll have to call the front desk & ask them to put your charges to date thru on your credit card. This will let you charge again up to the hotel limit. Value Resorts have a $ 500 limit & Mods have a $ 1000 limit.

that's a better thing to do than take your MC w/ you.

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

If you are staying in a Disney resort use the room charge option, if not, there should not be a problem using your check card around the parks. During the Food and Wine Festival even the Food booths took credit cards.
Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom