US Cinemas Are Reopening Slowly.

Jedijax719

But damn those prices for TV's shot up as the pandemic got worse. Okay, not in the beginning but DEFINITELY after the holidays. They knew there was a demand and they took advantage of it.

4 MCU movies to promote by the end of the year (Disney handles 3 of those 4) and SEVEN movies from July, 2021 to July, 2022. WOW!!!

Jedijax719

Quick question for those who understand cinema and money:

Does Disney (or any other studio) get 50% of the revenue for a movie? Is that the same throughout the world?

erasure fan1

Quick question for those who understand cinema and money:

Does Disney (or any other studio) get 50% of the revenue for a movie? Is that the same throughout the world?
It can differ from studio to studio and even movie to movie. I remember theaters being mad during star wars because Disney demanded a higher percentage for the first 14 days. The reason you see 50% is that is a good estimated average overall.

brodie999

Original Poster
This is amazing!! Godzilla Vs. Kong just hit $121 Million globally. I hope it'll reach $500-650 million at the end of its box office run.

Jedijax719

This is amazing!! Godzilla Vs. Kong just hit $121 Million globally. I hope it'll reach $500-650 million at the end of its box office run.
This is good news going forward for films. Not sure about how well it will do in the USA (considering how relatively meh the last Zilla film did).

But it is a good sign that BW should be able to at least do as well, probably quite a bit better.

brodie999

Original Poster
LA movie theaters have been given the green light to move to 50% capacity. Was Disney too quick to delay Black Widow again? Maybe it should have stayed in May?

Hopefully, it'll move back up to May. If GVK hits $300 million in the next weekend, it'll inspire more films to move back up to earlier dates. My guess is LA movie theatres will move to 75% capacity in May.

Darkprime

Hopefully, it'll move back up to May. If GVK hits $300 million in the next weekend, it'll inspire more films to move back up to earlier dates. My guess is LA movie theatres will move to 75% capacity in May.

I don't think it will be moved back to May. They delayed it to July so that movie theaters in Europe should be reopen by then.

Darkprime

Oh.. what about movies cinemas being open to 75% in May?

Could be possible in the US, definitely not in the UK. I think UK/Europe will be much more cautious when it comes to reopening. Id expect move theaters in the UK to sit at 25% capacity for the majority of this year. Maybe a slight increase in capacity sometime in the fall.

brodie999

Original Poster
Or late summer / early fall could change his mind if many people got vaccinated faster.
I agree. If most people get vaccinated by late Summer/early fall, we'll definitely start going to the movies without masks. It's more than likely to happen too. I look up COVID updates every 2 weeks.

CJR

Pretty much no one wears masks during the movie right now. Almost everyone has a food or drink and will keep the mask off until it's time to leave, or so I've noticed.

Jedijax719

I can't believe how many people I've spoken to are still anxious and hesitant about getting the vaccination. And I am a teacher (who teaches about vaccines and other infectious disease topics).

So many are "waiting to see what happens". I am not sure exactly what they are waiting for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom