US Cinemas Are Reopening Slowly.

Mmoore29

Polls have 50 percent of moviegoers say they are confident and comfortable enough to return to theaters. With this and the forthcoming signs of reopening in New York and LA, this engine isn't just sparking back to life, it's turned over and ready to roll. We're about to see a massive spike in the exhibition industry.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Polls have 50 percent of moviegoers say they are confident and comfortable enough to return to theaters. With this and the forthcoming signs of reopening in New York and LA, this engine isn't just sparking back to life, it's turned over and ready to roll. We're about to see a massive spike in the exhibition industry.
While I appreciate and applaud your optimism I still put it at fall before we start to see a massive spike in both theater reopenings and in attendance numbers to said theaters.

Archie123

While I appreciate and applaud your optimism I still put it at fall before we start to see a massive spike in both theater reopenings and in attendance numbers to said theaters.

I agree with you on this. I wouldn’t expect to see any return to normalcy or anything close to it till at least late summer or fall.

Mmoore29

I didn't say that it was going to be immediate and suddenly, BAM!, everyone immediately goes back. But there is bound to be a substantial recovery through the year. I'm also thinking Disney may even want to use the time to do a North American theatrical circuit of Mulan and Soul to help lead customers in, particularly knowing there are those who didn't see it on Disney+, either Premium or free, and didn't buy the Blu-ray.

Darkprime

Interesting bit of info. The WB / HBO Max film The little things opened in 2,171 theaters on January 29th that's honestly impressive numbers given we're still in the tail end of this pandemic. And that's without NYC and LA. Its pretty clear at this point the studios are waiting on those two states. And until those two states reopen sadly you aren't going to see Black Widow or Fast 9. Which is too bad. 2k theaters being open right now is not bad all things considered. I wonder how much those numbers will go up for Raya and Godzilla vs Kong? Wouldn't be surprised to see it jump up to 2.5k.

Darkprime

Just need LA to reopen now. I still wonder if 25% capacity will be enough for Black Widow and F9 to keep their current release dates. Maybe they'll get small delays as they wait for at least 50% capacity.

brodie999

Original Poster
I just got word from @Archie123 that 64.2 million people got fully vaccinated early on today. I'm not sure how many people got the first dose or how much the number's gone up from 2-4 PM. But I'm sure one of you could tell me without being so aggressive. I'm pretty sure 71.1 million had both doses now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just got word from @Archie123 that 64.2 million people got fully vaccinated early on today. I'm not sure how many people got the first dose or how much the number's gone up from 2-4 PM. But I'm sure one of you could tell me without being so aggressive. I'm pretty sure 71.1 million had both doses now.
Actually its 65 million people in the US have received at least one dose, and about 19.8 million people in the US have received both doses.

Darkprime

LA movie theaters expected to reopen next month according to Deadline.

With New York City set to open this coming Friday. Moviegoing is only going to get better: Los Angeles is expected to reopen within the next month as well, and then we only have to wait on capacity restrictions easing.

brodie999

Original Poster
It's a shame that some people will see J&Js as the weaker vaccine. But a lot of other vaccines are in authorisation trials now and hopefully, they'll be stronger like AstraZenca and Pifizer.

Mmoore29

LA movie theaters expected to reopen next month according to Deadline.

This engine is not just sparking to life, it's turned over and is ready to roll. I'm looking forward to returning to cinemas very soon and enjoy movies in the best way possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom