Upset with Moonlight Magic

nickys

Premium Member
If that is how you feel that is fine. I really just think if they are going to do two reservation times, they should do different times of the day. Make one during working hours in the east coast, and one elsewhere. Or do one of them on the weekend. There is no reason they have to do the on the same day of the week, at the same time. Then all members would have equal chance.

I would agree with you if there was only one reservation date though....you can’t make everyone happy. My problem was that the solution they provided was just to repeat the problem.

It was your assertion that their response was “unacceptable” that was I was referring to. It seemed that you expected them to simply give you a place at the event because the registration time didn’t suit you. Your expectations, and criticism of the CMs was, IMO, a classic case of entitlement.

The application process had already been announced. They couldn’t change it, and certainly not because you phoned MS. What did you seriously expect a CM at MS to actually do, or even say, when you phoned? What would have made it acceptable to you?

Natsalways1

Original Poster
It was your assertion that their response was “unacceptable” that was I was referring to. It seemed that you expected them to simply give you a place at the event because the registration time didn’t suit you. Your expectations, and criticism of the CMs was, IMO, a classic case of entitlement.

The application process had already been announced. They couldn’t change it, and certainly not because you phoned MS. What did you seriously expect a CM at MS to actually do, or even say, when you phoned? What would have made it acceptable to you?
I guess I can understand that response to my wording. What I was really trying to say was that it wasn’t helpful, which at the time was true. My only choice was to take the time off to try to register, which is what I did in the end.

I understood there wasn’t anything they would be able to do, but I was hoping they would be able to point me in some direction. In the end, combined with a little vacation taken on my part, it worked out for me.

The last cast member I talked with was really great. She talked about the improvements they’ve made each time they did this registration process, and about how after each they have taken feedback and incorporated it into the next one. My hope is that they modify the process somehow next time to make it a little easier for folks everywhere to register.

correcaminos

I guess I can understand that response to my wording. What I was really trying to say was that it wasn’t helpful, which at the time was true. My only choice was to take the time off to try to register, which is what I did in the end.

I understood there wasn’t anything they would be able to do, but I was hoping they would be able to point me in some direction. In the end, combined with a little vacation taken on my part, it worked out for me.

The last cast member I talked with was really great. She talked about the improvements they’ve made each time they did this registration process, and about how after each they have taken feedback and incorporated it into the next one. My hope is that they modify the process somehow next time to make it a little easier for folks everywhere to register.

I feel like we're repeating ourselves ad nauseum here. But how can they make it easier for "folks everywehere to register" We have people all over the world who are DVC members. The time will not be convenient for one group. Even changing it slightly can still make it harder for someone else to do - either east or west of the east coast.

They also likely have to have this during a time when phones can be used which limits things. So I am not sure they can ever make people happy even shifting it a few hours one way or another won't help everyone. Maybe just you, but not as a whole. It's easier to have it at the same time IMO than wondering which day has which time.

Natsalways1

Original Poster
I feel like we're repeating ourselves ad nauseum here. But how can they make it easier for "folks everywehere to register" We have people all over the world who are DVC members. The time will not be convenient for one group. Even changing it slightly can still make it harder for someone else to do - either east or west of the east coast.

They also likely have to have this during a time when phones can be used which limits things. So I am not sure they can ever make people happy even shifting it a few hours one way or another won't help everyone. Maybe just you, but not as a whole. It's easier to have it at the same time IMO than wondering which day has which time.
I feel like I am repeating myself as well! They have two reservation dates. Make one of them as they are today and put the other one in the evening or on the weekend. It is really pretty simple.

The problem with the current system is that both dates are on the same day of the week, at the same time.

correcaminos

I feel like I am repeating myself as well! They have two reservation dates. Make one of them as they are today and put the other one in the evening or on the weekend. It is really pretty simple.

The problem with the current system is that both dates are on the same day of the week, at the same time.

And again, you are making it all about you and only you. So while I am sorry it doesn't work for you, you are not alone in having it be at a 'bad time' to register. That said there is there is no time that will make all happy. People work 12 hour shifts, so even if they move it 5 hours, it won't help them. So make it easy and keep it same time, same day. Not everything will ever make everyone happy so they do the best they can.

There is no problem to all of us, except for you, with how this is run in terms of registration time. Honestly that should say something to you.

Phonedave

I really like the idea of limiting to those on the reservation. It is cool that folks can bring people that can’t otherwise afford to come, but when the numbers are so limited it is really tough.

I don't know if it would make that big of a difference. If you live far away, what are the chances that there is some local you could invite to fill out your party? If you are local and you want to bring your friends and you booked a room to get an early shot at it, then just add them to the reservation. They don't actually have to stay in the room. I guess it would be an issue if the room was limited to 4 quests, and you wanted 6.

I could also see people complaining if they were going with other people who were not on their reservation. I have gone with friends who booked their own rooms. They are not on my reservation, but we were on vacation together. If I scored a MM entry, I would have wanted them to go with me.

-dave

flynnibus

Premium Member

For example...
Opt1: Instead of having ONE registration window, have multiples. Have 3 different times, where for each 1/3 of availability is made available. Do 7am on one day, 11am, on another, 5pm on another. Or whatever times based on your DVC customer base demographics that makes sense.

Opt2: Instead of 'first come, first serve', use a sign-up with lottery selection

Opt3: depending on what your goals are for the event (drive new bookings, reward early bookers, whatever..) make it a 'contact outwards, and opt-in' selection driven by existing reservations

Just several ways you can do things DIFFERENTLY if you so chose...

correcaminos

For example...
Opt1: Instead of having ONE registration window, have multiples. Have 3 different times, where for each 1/3 of availability is made available. Do 7am on one day, 11am, on another, 5pm on another. Or whatever times based on your DVC customer base demographics that makes sense.

Opt2: Instead of 'first come, first serve', use a sign-up with lottery selection

Opt3: depending on what your goals are for the event (drive new bookings, reward early bookers, whatever..) make it a 'contact outwards, and opt-in' selection driven by existing reservations

For option 1: have we thought that maybe this is the best time they have come up with based on demographics? 9am is not too early or too late for the majority of the DVC population. It also is during business hours which is a bonus. My whole point with the time though is one poster is complaining that it doesn't work for them. Sorry it doesn't work, but that's life and sometimes we should realize we may or may not be catered to.

Option 2: valid option, though possibly more time consuming

Option 3: I'm not sure I understand. If you want Disney to e-mail us to see if we want to opt in? Considering I get nearly nothing from Disney I say this is a super bad idea and could lead to a lot of issues.

I haven't been able to go to a MM and the restrictions they had for this year were fine with me. If it is that stupidly important to stress about registering so one can go and it's during a time when you cannot log in, then have someone do it for you. This isn't rocket science people, it's a sign up.

Natsalways1

Original Poster
For example...

This. And the fact is they could already do something like Option 1 given they have two sign in periods.

And I like option 2 as well: it even adds a bit of fun to it.

And to the person who said it was all about me, perhaps you are right. That doesn’t mean there is no inherently better way to do the registration, which enables more people to have an opportunity to do so. That was my message to Disney, and it is still true.

Natsalways1

Original Poster
This. And the fact is they could already do something like Option 1 given they have two sign in periods.

And I like option 2 as well: it even adds a bit of fun to it.

And to the person who said it was all about me, perhaps you are right. That doesn’t mean there is no inherently better way to do the registration, which enables more people to have an opportunity to do so. That was my message to Disney, and it is still true.
Actually, I want to go one step farther: the poster WAS right. I was quite upset because there wasn’t going to be an opportunity for me to register without taking another vacation day, and I responded poorly. I realized so the day after I entered my original post, and even went so far as to contact Disney back and apologize to the first cast member with whom I talked for my bad attitude.

By that time this thread had taken on something of a life of its own, so I let it play out. It is interesting the attitudes folks have and how they express themselves, and I was getting good information from it. I thought, with a couple of exceptions, it was good conversation.

Despite my poor original attitude, I still don’t think I was wrong in my opinion. It is always good for businesses to open opportunity to as many people as possible, and the way this is laid out doesn’t do that. I really like the poster who said they should either do different times of different days or make it a lottery. Equal opportunity for everyone is what I feel is the most inclusive way to approach such things.

In any case, I do apologize for the tone of my original post.

TKTC

If they made the second time in the evening or on a weekend. . .those would be terrible times for me. Unacceptable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom