Upgrading Universal

itsy bitsy spider

I would love to do a real Gru ride that shows his home. The one they have is just a rehash of a rehash. It was Hanna Barbera and than Jimmy Neutron and than Despicable Me.

Miru

I would love to do a real Gru ride that shows his home. The one they have is just a rehash of a rehash. It was Hanna Barbera and than Jimmy Neutron and than Despicable Me.
The DM-series humans are underrepresented, yes. If we get a second ride it should be focused on them, maybe adapting one of the movies. Not sure how much staying power the series has but if the ride’s good enough people won’t care (see Mr. Toad as another example) about that.

Also, not sure what Universal is allowed to do with Simpsons.

The Lochness Monsta

Despicable Me is definitely still popular, it’s got a new movie coming out. Plus they are adding Villain Con across the way from it. So obviously Universal's not afraid to back it.

Universal has much more out of date Ip’s that they should have stayed away from. Like Bourne Identity, most of those movies suck.

Last edited:

Miru

Despicable Me is definitely still popular, it’s got a new movie coming out. Plus they are adding Villain Con across the way from it. So obviously Universal not afraid to back it.

Universal has much more out of date Ip’s that they should have stayed away from. Like Bourne Identity, most of those movies suck.
Okay… but I feel like rather than adding a new ride, retheming one of the DM rides that’s already there to focus on the humans (unless maybe Villain-Con is focused on antagonist characters like Vector, Scarlet, Vector, Balthazar, Vector, etc).

Actually, antag-focused Villain Con sounds perfectly fine.

Goofy Ninja

I'd love to see a trackless Gru ride, but I heard that Universal is thinking of staying away from trackless. Because of all the trouble it has been causing for Disney.

tcool123

I'd love to see a trackless Gru ride, but I heard that Universal is thinking of staying away from trackless. Because of all the trouble it has been causing for Disney.
Universal Florida their trackless dark ride is Kong and I believe they use the same ride system at Fast and Furious.

It’s more likely they haven’t embraced given Universal has been targeting thrills with its last few additions or the attraction needing to fit a small footprint which isn’t conducive to a trackless dark ride.

Miru

Universal Florida their trackless dark ride is Kong and I believe they use the same ride system at Fast and Furious.

It’s more likely they haven’t embraced given Universal has been targeting thrills with its last few additions or the attraction needing to fit a small footprint which isn’t conducive to a trackless dark ride.
That also might be because Disney isn’t doing it right. PHH did it great; ROTR was alright and added to the realism, but for the others… what’s the point?

Goofy Ninja

I didn't know they were trackless, I just figured they were trams. It doesn't feel like they are anything like their Disney counterparts. Except for the 1 bits in each it just feels like a regular tram.

Snow Queen 83

Judging from the box office, a Gru ride seems like a slam dunk. But is Universal getting too Minioncentric? That is the ultimate question.

Because There's characters I really love, but I wouldn't want to see them have attractions across from one another. Even in an Illumination's section it doesn't make sense. The only way I see it being possible is if it had it's own land (ala Toy Story Land).

Miru

Are you gonna keep doing this topic, though? Would be interesting to see how you handle the possibility of Springfield as a bargaining chip for Marvel, and a replacement (TMNT, Retro Universal, SpongeBob, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, etc) if it falls through.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Are you gonna keep doing this topic, though? Would be interesting to see how you handle the possibility of Springfield as a bargaining chip for Marvel, and a replacement (TMNT, Retro Universal, SpongeBob, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, etc) if it falls through.

Probably not, but thanks for the love man. Respect homie!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom