Upgrading to an Annual Pass

jonnyc

Original Poster
Following on from the news that us Brits can enter the US again, it looks like I'll be able to make two trips to Florida next year.

The first is in January 2022, which is a long postponed trip back from 2020, where I've already purchased the 3 Park, Park-to-Park Ticket with a stay at Dockside directly from Universal.

My second trip is going to involve a 4 night stay at an on-site hotel (hotel TBD) during HHN in September 2022. Given I'll be doing two trips in a year, I think the benefits of upgrading to an Annual Pass are there, especially with the AP hotel discount.

What's the best way to go about upgrading that January ticket to an AP - Do I do it now? Do I wait till I'm there in January? (If so, do I wait to book my October hotel?).

Any guidance is appreciated!

GuyFawkes

Your AP won't start until you use it so it doesn't really matter when you buy it. Sometimes Universal runs AP specials sometimes that are like 15 or 18 months for the price of 12 but who knows when those specials are coming up. Same with hotel room discounts. Room discounts are usually 3 months out at best. Depends what hotel they need to fill up.

You guys get different deals then US people so I have no idea how the AP's stack up against what you can get. If you were in the US an AP would be a no brainer.

You can literally wait until you show up to the park to upgrade your tickets. My son did that not long ago. He went with a family during our blackout dates so he just upgraded to a higher pass at the front of the park. Simple as that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom