Upgrading park tickets to Flex Pass

Kramerica

Original Poster
Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I haven't seen this answered yet, and I couldn't find a definitive answer on Disneyland's website.

I'll be at Disneyland for D23. I'm also planning to purchase the Flex Pass while I'm there. But I'm slightly concerned about being able to get into the parks while I'm there with the Flex Pass' reservation rules and the crowd levels being predictably high. Would I hypothetically be able to purchase a 5 day park hopper ticket with guaranteed entrance into the parks and then the day before I leave, upgrade my park hopper to a Flex Pass for future trips?

Thanks in advance, I know it's a boring and dry question, but would be incredibly helpful.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I haven't seen this answered yet, and I couldn't find a definitive answer on Disneyland's website.

I'll be at Disneyland for D23. I'm also planning to purchase the Flex Pass while I'm there. But I'm slightly concerned about being able to get into the parks while I'm there with the Flex Pass' reservation rules and the crowd levels being predictably high. Would I hypothetically be able to purchase a 5 day park hopper ticket with guaranteed entrance into the parks and then the day before I leave, upgrade my park hopper to a Flex Pass for future trips?

Thanks in advance, I know it's a boring and dry question, but would be incredibly helpful.

I think unofficially the answer is yes, you should be able to upgrade your park ticket to any AP level including FlexPass provided you meet the criteria for that AP.

However for an official answer you'll need to check with Disney. But I don't see why they'd have an issue with it.

Phroobar

Sure you could but why would want to wait in one more line to change the ticket over? Why not just start out purchasing the flex pass if that is what your end result will be.

Stevek

Sure you could but why would want to wait in one more line to change the ticket over? Why not just start out purchasing the flex pass if that is what your end result will be.
Because they are worried about the flex pass being blocked out/no reservation available those days.

mickEblu

The flex pass has been available for about a month and not one day has booked up. With that said you have nothing to lose by buying a 5 day pass and then upgrading to a Flex Pass. So long as the Flex Pass is more expensive than the 5 day pass.

fctiger

Because they are worried about the flex pass being blocked out/no reservation available those days.

That is one of the problems I have with the Flex pass, not just being blocked out but that you can only reserve two days at a time. So if you want to go 5 days like the OP is doing, you have the ability to go BUT you don't know if you can actually go all those days until you literally start your trip. That's a bit risky to me. Its one thing if you just want to go a day on a weekend which I suspect the pass is mainly suppose to be used for. But its another to try and plan out a full vacation with it. Again right now, it looks like there is no problem to do that. But a year from now, who knows?

mickEblu

That is one of the problems I have with the Flex pass, not just being blocked out but that you can only reserve two days at a time. So if you want to go 5 days like the OP is doing, you have the ability to go BUT you don't know if you can actually go all those days until you literally start your trip. That's a bit risky to me. Its one thing if you just want to go a day on a weekend which I suspect the pass is mainly suppose to be used for. But its another to try and plan out a full vacation with it. Again right now, it looks like there is no problem to do that. But a year from now, who knows?

Yeah this pass was Created for locals who that want the ability to go on weekends but don’t want to pay the Singature pass prices. The trade off is a little bit of convenience for cheaper prices.

This pass wasnt created for people vacationing for 5 days although it can be used that way... at least for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom