Upgrading non refundable room

dserson23

Original Poster
Hi everyone, not sure where to post this.. I was wondering if anyone who has booked a price line or hotwire room has been able to pay for an upgrade and around what price it was.. we booked akl standard room as it was a blind deal so you dont get to choose
and wondering if theres an option to pay and move up to Savannah view before arrival

Thanks

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Not sure about before your first day, but you should be able to upgrade at check in if rooms are available and the price is right. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I planned to call today, was just wondering in anyone had experience with it..
Since you booked with a third party, any changes are going to have to be made through them as they technically own the reservation. If that is not possible, about your only other option is to change it at check in.

dserson23

Original Poster
Since you booked with a third party, any changes are going to have to be made through them as they technically own the reservation. If that is not possible, about your only other option is to change it at check in.
So, it seems like it wont happen until I at least get there, spoke with Disney they said call price line, spoke with price line they said call Disney, standard room it is I guess, just didnt want a view of a roof..

CaptainAmerica

So, it seems like it wont happen until I at least get there, spoke with Disney they said call price line, spoke with price line they said call Disney, standard room it is I guess, just didnt want a view of a roof..
Never pay to upgrade at AKL. AKL standard view are the best value rooms on property IMO. Make sure you add a room request and say you'd like a "partial or obstructed savanna view." I've had that granted on numerous occasions. You end up with a room that's basically a savanna view, but it might be in a corner or have a pillar that makes the view less-than-perfect, so they sell it as standard.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Never pay to upgrade at AKL. AKL standard view are the best value rooms on property IMO. Make sure you add a room request and say you'd like a "partial or obstructed savanna view." I've had that granted on numerous occasions. You end up with a room that's basically a savanna view, but it might be in a corner or have a pillar that makes the view less-than-perfect, so they sell it as standard.
Quite correct.

There is a section of the resort whose rooms were originally classified as savannah view, but were switched to standard view due to an obstructed view. If you request a savannah view and book a standard view, there is a fair chance you will get one of those rooms.

It is not an ideal view, but it is much better than a pool or parking lot view.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Priceline, like most other third party booking sites, is never easy to deal with, but what the Disney CM told you is correct.

Booking with a third party is just like booking with a travel agent. They control the reservation until you check in and any changes must come from them. It is an annoying, but necessary element of having a middle man.

If Priceline will not assist, you are pretty much stuck until you arrive and check in.

wdwfan22

Since you booked at deal through priceline upgrading most likely would be at the Disney rate which would eliminate all savings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom