Upgrades?

GoofyFan1

Does anyone know how CRO decides upgrades?

In the past two months two of my students and one of my fellow teachers have been upgradeed from a moderate to the beach/yacht club. My parents, last year, were upgraded from All-Star to Animal Kingdom.

Just wondering.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Ok, I am totally taking a guess here, but my guess is that the Budget Resorts are incredibly popuular and perhaps the more deluxe resorts are not, so, they are "upgrading" people to fill the outstanding amount of vacancies in Deluxe Resorts and continuing to fill the now new vacancies in the Budget hotels. A filled room for $71.00 a night is much more profitable than an empty room for $0.00. I used to move around people that were renting condos. If it looked like I would have to turn people away from renting the cheaper condos, while I had more expensive ones that were unrented, than I would chearfully call people (in order of rental application) and tell them that they are moving up free of charge. It makes the client (or in Disney's case, guest) feel like they are getting the steal of the century, while I am maintaining 100 percent occupancy.
Maybe this is Disney's Idea also.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Overbooking it was causes it - they try to avoid it.

For example, if some convention group comes in and needs rooms, you'll get bumped. Also, sometimes systems glitches that overbook, or refurbishment and maitenance.

In actuality, if for example Pop Century is near full but a place like AKL is empty, they may indeed move folks to AKL so that Pop isn't excessively busy - it's better for the staffing and for all the guest in general, and typically people don't mind going up in the world.

Someone paying rack-rate at Pop isn't too far off in price from a good FL resident rate at AKL.

Upvote 0

Happy42082

mousermerf said:
Overbooking it was causes it - they try to avoid it.

For example, if some convention group comes in and needs rooms, you'll get bumped. Also, sometimes systems glitches that overbook, or refurbishment and maitenance.

Mousemerf,

You mention conventions and overbooking. We are looking at staying at Coronado Springs, which seems to hold a lot of conventions. Does anyone know if guests are typically "bumped" out of this particular resort to accomodate large groups? And if you are "bumped" do they always give you the deluxe option-- or would they send you to another moderate? Just curious!

Thanks,
Happy42082

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think the convention resorts like coronado hold rooms aside for the conventions - getting it in advance is hard but typically you cna score it for a last minute booking.

Of course, they'll try to move you "over" and not "up" but if they had rooms at the type of resort they'd of tried to sell that the convention people instead - it's late at night, so i hope that made sense.

Truth of the matter - if you don't accept an "over" you'll get offered an up, since they are bumping you and that sucks and they know it. They just have to try and offer you the over before the up.

Upvote 0

Woody13

mousermerf said:
Truth of the matter - if you don't accept an "over" you'll get offered an up, since they are bumping you and that sucks and they know it. They just have to try and offer you the over before the up.
Yes, that is true. We once got bumped from the All-Star Sports to the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Over vs Up

I'm trying to understand this--coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Let's say I am staying at Coronado and, for whatever reason, they need to move me.

First thing they will try is to move me to another moderate. If I tell them I am not interested, they will offer me a deluxe.

Is that correct?

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have a friend who was bumped from Coronado, he was offered the Contemp but for some reason thought it would be too noisy, so he was offered (and accepted) the Poly. How come that never happens to me????

Upvote 0

bsummer

Well just to put it on the record, CRO doesn't do upgrades, those are done at the actual resorts when they begin assigning rooms. Take it that resorts don't get your res until about 10 days before you arrive. They then start to assign rooms based on availibility of what you requested etc. etc. Now it is true that conventions sometimes get dibs on room, but that is becuase they're under contract for their rooms specified. I worked at the Grand and we had guests come from all resorts not just other deluxes or values. It's kinda just a luck of the draw kind of thing. And beleive it or not some people deny upgrades. I had on gentleman who was checking in for his wife. It was a grandpa and they had brought the whole family along. They requested connecting rooms but we couldnt't get that for them so we offered to upgrade them to a two bedroom suite. He said no becuase his wife gave hmi strict instructions to get two connecting rooms. But with all that aside, from being a guest at Disney and have recieved upgrades as well as having worked there...PLEASE don't be one of those annoying people who come up to the desk to check in and ask if there are any upgrades availible. There AREN'T, or else you would have already gotten it!!!!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

bsummer said:
But with all that aside, from being a guest at Disney and have recieved upgrades as well as having worked there...PLEASE don't be one of those annoying people who come up to the desk to check in and ask if there are any upgrades availible. There AREN'T, or else you would have already gotten it!!!!

I really don't think this can be said enough times.

However, I suspect that most people don't merely "ask," but rather DEMAND that they be given an upgrade.

Front desk is seldom as easy as it looks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom