Upgrade to CBR?

arielrose

Original Poster
So right now my husband and I have reservations at Pop for April 21-27, which we have never stayed at. I am thinking about upgrading to CBR, also have never stayed there. However we stayed at CSR last fall and had an awful experience with service there. I really liked the set up of CSR but didn't get a renovated room. So after our experience at CSR, I am hesitant to spend the extra money. I have also been looking at POFQ. Any opinions on these resorts? We don't eat much at our resorts, just breakfast. We also use the pools, but only if there aren't a bunch of people.

correcaminos

Out of the two, POFQ would by my choice by far. Port Orleans (both too) is a wonderful resort and honestly I like it far better than CBR. That one is actually my least favorite of the moderates.

arielrose

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I am hesitant to stay at riverside because it is so big, does not have beignets, and allows dogs. Has anyone stayed there since October? I love dogs, but I would end up next to one that barks all the time.

Mark P.

Thanks for the info. I am hesitant to stay at riverside because it is so big, does not have beignets, and allows dogs. Has anyone stayed there since October? I love dogs, but I would end up next to one that barks all the time.
POFQ and POR are only a 15 minute walk apart, so you can still get your beignet fix. Also, since you mentioned you'd be interested in some pool time, POR has five "quiet" pools throughout the property, whereas POFQ only has the "feature" pool.

iluvMainStMagic

I believe there are only a few buildings where dogs are allowed and they are grouped together, so you could request to stay in a different section. You are correct that Riverside is Big, but if you can swing the extra, there are a few buildings that are "Preferred location". We have stayed in those several times and found them to be pretty convenient to the food court/main building and the bus stop at the front of the resort.

BoarderPhreak

I wouldn't recommend CBR right now. Sure, it's steeply discounted, but... Either stick with POP or spend "a bit more" for POR/FQ. You could even find a cheaper rate than the latter for the Swan, though with non-refundable rezzies through a third-party (and what I actually did very recently).

wdwfan22

Caribbean beach is a mess right now. I wouldn’t pay to stay there. Coronado Springs would be my first choice followed by Port Orleans Riverside if I had to choose a moderate resort.

monykalyn

I actually enjoyed my stay at Pop in October (refurb room). No issues with busses, short walk over to AoA (ate at food court couple times and did the drawing class). Have stayed at CSR recently (both non refurb and refurb) - the new rooms are fabulous! CBR is a construction zone going in, and due to construction the bus route is a bit weird-but they are doing everything they can to minimize impact. CBR underwent a refurb prior to construction and those rooms are nice. Pool is open, but pool "bar" is a truck. If you had kids with you-there are frequently characters out at the pool at peak times (something you don't see at other resorts-my daughter was a CM there last fall in custodial, when she got center town/pool she was frequently pulled into "dance parties' with the characters). There are freestyle machines and island markets in each island (except Trinidad south I think), which many find to be more convenient.

I've not yet stayed POFQ but it seems to have a very devoted following who love it!

arielrose

Original Poster
I wouldn't recommend CBR right now. Sure, it's steeply discounted, but... Either stick with POP or spend "a bit more" for POR/FQ. You could even find a cheaper rate than the latter for the Swan, though with non-refundable rezzies through a third-party (and what I actually did very recently).
I have thought about swan or dolphin. The idea of being able to walk to epcot is enticing. Have you stayed there yet?

BoarderPhreak

I have thought about swan or dolphin. The idea of being able to walk to epcot is enticing. Have you stayed there yet?

I have indeed! Loved it so much we're doing it again. Having Epcot literally around the corner (along with all of the Boardwalk) is fantastic. It has a nice central location for all the other parks as well.

And the Swan ain't too shabby either. 😉

The view from the room:

L1005602.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom