Updates needed on News sections

2much2do

Original Poster
Hi,
I was just rereading some of the news for the different parks in the News and Rumors section of this site. I was mostly concentrating on the MK News, AK News, Disney Studios News and Epcot News sections. My question is this: does anyone have updates on this? They don't ever seem to get posted. For instance, under Disney Studios News it says Prime Time and The Little Mermaid were scheduled for an extended rehab back in Jan. For Prime Time, it even says the CMs were assigned to other locations. Then there is nothing else. Have these attractions reopened? What does extended rehad mean? Days, weeks or months? Anybody have any info??

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If there is no news, then there probably isn't much going on..most of the good news is posted on the main page anyway.

s25843

You Also Have to Remember that Steve is in the UK and Cant cover everything, give him a break, he does a pretty good job with what he has!

TURKEY

MGM:

Little Mermaid info wasn't confirmed. I don't think its happened yet due to high crowds basically from Presidents weekend (mid Feb.) to now with Spring Breaks and Easter.

Epcot:

They can't really afford to close down and work on too many more rides right now. Living Seas is no longer a ride, JIYI is closed and you won't hear much on it until its reopening is announced and opened.

AK:

Just opened up Primeval Whirl. Not really going to be much going on there right now.

MK:

Philharmagic is being worked on. Not really going to know a lot about it this early. Many rides have already undergone some rehab this year.

DTD:

Toy Store is under construction. Not likely to start on construction on something new until its finished.

Water Parks:

RC is closed for year. BB and TL have undergone annual winter period rehabs.

There just isn't a lot that can be updated. Things announced are still hush hush. While there are some folks in Florida that could post updates, most people have jobs and other things to do besides check up on closures and construction.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by s25843
You Also Have to Remember that Steve is in the UK and Cant cover everything, give him a break, he does a pretty good job with what he has!

Pretty good job?! He does a GREAT job!! ;) :D :sohappy:

s25843

LOL I dont Know why I didnt use Great in the First Place LOL
ANyways, He Does a Great Job With What He Has!:sohappy: :lol:

2much2do

Original Poster
Originally posted by s25843

Okay, why do you have to yell at me????? All I wanted to know was if anyone has any updates on the things posted in that section of this site. Geez. Who put the pole up your...........??????

Anyways, I think you all misunderstood the intention of my post. All I wanted was to find out if anyone knew if the closures that were posted were actually closed or still open. I know that the big/good news is usually posted on the front page. I come here every day, several times a day. I didn't mean I wanted news from all the parks. And I know people have better things to do than to post updates here all the time. That is exactly why I posted this question. So that if anybody out there (especially those who work there and might know right off hand) knew of the condition of the closures and rehabs that are posted on this site, maybe they could give a quick update. I didn't mean to sound critical of anyone, just wondering what the follow-up was on those news stories.

s25843

Originally posted by 2much2do

Okay, why do you have to yell at me????? All I wanted to know was if anyone has any updates on the things posted in that section of this site. Geez. Who put the pole up your...........??????

Not Really a Yell, this is a YELL...
It was a Direct Statement, Not Meant to Convey any Feelings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom