Updated list of cruise line shut-downs

Simba’s Mom

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Mental health is now becoming a real issue for crew members on multiple lines. I've read about 3 suicides in the last couple weeks. Everybody is confined to quarters when not working, little communication with family, uncertainty about if/when flights home will be made available. It's a real problem and very sad. I really hope things get fixed for them very soon.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Guys do you know where I can find information about cancelled cruises? I booked a cruise in June in Naples and the customer support of the company doesn’t answer even the emails.
First of all, welcome to the forum, Henry! Glad to have you here, even if it's not in the greatest circumstances for cruising.

Which cruise company?

Italy is not likely to be open to tourism by June, from what I understand. I would be very surprised if your cruise is still scheduled to sail.

This article discusses the possibility of reopening to EU member states by mid-June, but even that is not actually in place yet. And even if it does get implemented, I don't think that would include cruise ships. :(

Lilofan

Carnival has announced that they will be laying off hundreds of team members specifically in CA and FL. So far no word of the gate of the DCL cast based in FL.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Ok, @henrywilson forget what I said above. Here's an article from the last couple days. I find this almost impossible to believe, but. . .

This is a news outlet that I've never heard of, but I've seen it reported on several others. (But those required subscriptons to read the content.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom