Updated Flight Ban over WDW Property

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
The language of the ruling seems similar to what we all thought was in place since early 2000's but looks like the FAA has issued a new, permanent flight ban below 3,000 feet over the WDW property on Monday. 3,000 ft is pretty low for planes, I wonder if this is similar to the ban recently put in place in the National Parks for drones?

I did a little checking based on the coordinates in the directive and it looks like the center point is the small island in Bay Lake, just to the east of the water bridge and south of the Contemporary. Since it's only covers a 3 mile distance from this location that would not come close to covering the whole property. Seems like it's focused on magic Kingdom area only.

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3634.html

Last edited:

Club34

does this impact that guy who is always snapping the overhead pictures [sorry, i forget his name] of wdw? they are great. i look at them and google earth frequently.

ABQ

does this impact that guy who is always snapping the overhead pictures [sorry, i forget his name] of wdw? they are great. i look at them and google earth frequently.
@photoflight , Scott, I assume you are referring to. Not sure how low he flies. I know whatever sort of photographic equipment he uses is exceptional though, so at 3,001 feet, it may still look great.

NowInc

Wish it was 300 miles to keep those skywriters out of there. One ruined a beautiful clear blue sky last week.

The skywriting is just rude (and insulting) in my opinion. If any other religion was being written in the clouds, there would be a huge controversy. It was a constant this past week. There wasn't a single time I looked up and didn't see it, all day.

alissafalco

The skywriting is just rude (and insulting) in my opinion. If any other religion was being written in the clouds, there would be a huge controversy. It was a constant this past week. There wasn't a single time I looked up and didn't see it, all day.
What was it saying?

PhotoDave219

The language of the ruling seems similar to what we all thought was in place since early 2000's but looks like the FAA has issued a new, permanent flight ban below 3,000 feet over the WDW property on Monday. 3,000 ft is pretty low for planes, I wonder if this is similar to the ban recently put in place in the National Parks for drones?

I did a little checking based on the coordinates in the directive and it looks like the center point is the small island in Bay Lake, just to the east of the water bridge and south of the Contemporary. Since it's only covers a 3 mile distance from this location that would not come close to covering the whole property. Seems like it's focused on magic Kingdom area only.

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3634.html

It's the exact same restrictions as the original TFR, 3 mi/3000 feet centered over bay lake.

The original TFR is on here somewhere, I know I posted the link but good luck finding it.

This has nothing to do with drones and everything to do with planes pulling banners & helicopters

Tom Morrow

What was it saying?
Just typical Christian messages. But, if any other religion were to do it then everyone would be up in arms about how "offensive" it is. Also, those flights are expensive, if they wanted to help people then that money could be put to much better use, yet they choose to blow it week after week to shove their Christian agenda down people's throats.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's the exact same restrictions as the original TFR, 3 mi/3000 feet centered over bay lake.

The original TFR is on here somewhere, I know I posted the link but good luck finding it.

This has nothing to do with drones and everything to do with planes pulling banners & helicopters

There is actually language in there that says "INCLUDING UNMANNED AND REMOTE CONTROLLED AIRCRAFT"

GrumpyFan

Just typical Christian messages. But, if any other religion were to do it then everyone would be up in arms about how "offensive" it is. Also, those flights are expensive, if they wanted to help people then that money could be put to much better use, yet they choose to blow it week after week to shove their Christian agenda down people's throats.

I don't understand how smoke in the sky that dissipates can be called "offensive" or "shoving an agenda down people's throats".
It's their money, and that's how they choose to spend it. I hardly see it as effective, but it's their choice, just like it's yours/ours to go to WDW.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
For those curious, the center point of this is off by 50-100 yards but its close enough for the concept. Each red ring represents one mile from the center point of the no-fly zone.

Airspace.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom