Updated Annual Passes

CJR

Original Poster
SeaWorld has started selling 2022 passes at all of their parks.

One noticeable difference is they have lowered the merchandise discount from 50% to 40%, if you have a platinum pass. This is for all SeaWorld Parks (including BG) not just the ones in Florida. I doubt a 10% loss on merchandise will cause people to cancel their passes, but if you were eyeing something and are an active holder, you might want to grab it before you renew. [EDIT] It appears that the San Diego park will be keeping it at 50% for now, could change though.

I didn't spot any other differences, if you do, post them here. It might help people out looking at SeaWorld passes.

I will say that if you're looking at passes and travel frequently, I highly recommend the Platinum Pass. Being able to go into any SeaWorld park around the country is a pretty nice deal. We have the Florida pass and we were able to visit San Antonio's park without paying anything extra. Really, the pass will pay for itself. You get the key benefits (free admission, photo key, etc) at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens in Tampa. You can get free parking, admission, and merch discounts at all SeaWorld parks. San Antonio still gave us priority parking too.

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

SeaWorld has started selling 2022 passes at all of their parks.

One noticeable difference is they have lowered the merchandise discount from 50% to 40%, if you have a platinum pass. This is for all SeaWorld Parks (including BG) not just the ones in Florida. I doubt a 10% loss on merchandise will cause people to cancel their passes, but if you were eyeing something and are an active holder, you might want to grab it before you renew. [EDIT] It appears that the San Diego park will be keeping it at 50% for now, could change though.

I didn't spot any other differences, if you do, post them here. It might help people out looking at SeaWorld passes.

I will say that if you're looking at passes and travel frequently, I highly recommend the Platinum Pass. Being able to go into any SeaWorld park around the country is a pretty nice deal. We have the Florida pass and we were able to visit San Antonio's park without paying anything extra. Really, the pass will pay for itself. You get the key benefits (free admission, photo key, etc) at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens in Tampa. You can get free parking, admission, and merch discounts at all SeaWorld parks. San Antonio still gave us priority parking too.
I think I know why. Some of the merch in some places is already discounted to some extent and due to their systems they some times combine the original discount with the pass discount. As a result you can some times get some items at insane discount prices. They are trying to counter this system with more employee training but it still happens a fair bit so they have to lower the discount on some passes just a little to save money.

As for the passes themselves, I have been constantly telling people that right now bg/sw is the better deal. Disney is squeezing their passholders and universal is likely to raise their soon to cover some of the extra costs for the new theme park. That leaves bg/sw with the cheapest options. They also offer so many perks its insane. Not only is there the perks you get right out of the gate, there is also the monthly perks. Their monthly perks include anything from free tickets to food/drink samplers to outright giving you $10 just to spend money in the park. The more you spend on a pass the more perks you get. I don't see disney offering even close to that many perks these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom