Pre-Trip "We were suppose to be with the band but now are by ourselves" Pre-Trip Report

Hello everyone!✌

Welcome to my "pre" trip report.

Let me introduce myself first....

My name is Heather. I live in a very small town in Pennsylvania about an hour outside of Philly. I am a married, 42 yr old mother of 2 girls! 15 & 20! (I almost made it through the teen years) My husband and I have been married for 20 years this October...but actually have been together WAY longer than that! (feels like forever)

(My husband and I are horrible photo takers! Especially him, he is ALWAYS making a face. lol)

We have 2 four legged kids that will probably be making an appearance every once in a while. Winston is our 2 yr old Great Dane and Harper is our rescue pit mix whom just turned 6.

On with the details...

Our last trip was 10 years ago...but that was a "Girls Only" trip, so for my hubby, it had been even longer than that!

DATE: December 13-18, 2019

WHERE: One of the All Star Resorts

WHO: Myself, Hubby (Rich) & Youngest Daughter, (Sav)

How did this trip begin???

My youngest is a member of the choir in high school, every four years, they take a trip to Disney. The entire band and choir goes along with their directors and any chaperones. Am I chaperoning???? NOPE!!! I volunteered the Hubs and I to actually drive the rental truck with all of the luggage and the instruments from Pennsylvania to Florida! According to Mapquest, it will take 16 hours & 35 minutes for a total of 1058 miles!!!! This will be the longest driving trip that I think we have ever taken.

My oldest is in college and will be taking a study abroad course in Italy next year, so she is going to sit this one out and stay home to watch the 4 legged kids:)

I do not have many details right now but will update as soon as I have more. We are having a trip meeting this coming Thursday so hopefully, there will be a better itinerary.

I know that we were told that we might miss some things that the kids are doing due to being in charge of the truck. There is only one part THAT I CANNOT MISS.... the choir singing in the Candlelight Procession! I may be a blubbery mess but honestly, this was the whole reason why I wanted to go to begin with.

Have you ever driven to Disney? Gone on a band/choir trip with the school? I would love to hear all about it!

Thanks for reading!!

heatherhy01

Original Poster
25 Days! (Can you feel the excitement?)

Trip is paid off and I am now in the process of saving $$ for the fun stuff!!

I promised pictures of my t-shirts and mickey ears that I made. Please excuse the photography, I am completely self taught...which means that I am horrible at it! :flower:

This one is for Megan and I on Friday:

BESTIES.jpg

This one is for Megan, Trish & I on Saturday (perfect for EPCOT):
BEERS, CHEERS.jpg

This one is just for me:
CARDIO.jpg

I have one more, but unfortunately, I do not have a pic of it. It looks like this:

il_794xN.1732446612_9920.jpg

I also tried my hand at Mickey ears! I can tell you that it is not as easy as it looks and they are a little crooked but I am okay wearing them anyway. I wanted to make ones with our school colors/mascot since this is actually a school trip. Here they are....
EARS.jpg
ME EARS.jpg

I still have another pair that needs to be made, I wanted to make an Americana pair to match my one t-shirt, but I have not gotten to it yet. Once I do, I will upload a pic of that one too.

I have finalized our plans and am hoping that they do not change again! This is what we have as of right now:

12/13/19 (Megan, Me & Rich): 12:05 Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
1:05 Haunted Mansion
2:05 Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
9:15 PM Reglan Road Ressie

12/14/19 (Me & Rich): 10:30 Test Track
11:45 Spaceship Earth
12:50 Mission Space (GREEN PLEASE!)
3:10 Coral Reef Ressie
6:45 Candlelight Procession :mic:
9:30 EPCOT Forever

12/15/19 (Me & Rich): 11:20 Muppet Vision 3D
12:35 Star Tours
2:30 Toy Story Mania
(Today, we will either have lunch with Savannah & all of her friends OR dinner with just Savannah?? It will be decided once we arrive.)
9:00 Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam

12/16/19 (Me & Rich): 8:35 Be Our Guest Ressie
11:30 Dinosaur
12:35 Expedition Everest
2:40 Flight of Passage
6:40 Boma Ressie
9:00 Happily Ever After

12/17/19 (Me & Rich): 10:05 Space Mountain
12:10 Jungle Cruise
2:10 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
5:00 Grand Floridian Cafe Ressie

Question!!!!! I originally had a Tower of Terror FP but traded it for Toy Story Mania, was that a good exchange? Or should I have kept TOT?? Also, should I have gotten A Small World or Pirates FP instead of the bigger rides?? I figured, they would be easier to get than the mountains??

So, there you have it! I will update more as we get closer:)

I am not a computer guru by any means and I hope this works, but click on the below link to see a video of my Winston watching Lady and the Tramp!
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/hyouse/videos/2915177885158925/&show_text=1&width=269

Last edited:

heatherhy01

Original Poster
18 Days!!!

Can you feel the excitement pouring off of me people???

Just a little update. We have received our coveted Magicbands!!!

thumbnail_privatevarmobileContainersDataApplicationA2447410-9D7E-4603-BA64-6EECED199187tmp37B4...jpg

The pink is mine and the orange is hubbies. (of course)

We also received our luggage tags. (Are they always the same or can you receive different ones?)

thumbnail_privatevarmobileContainersDataApplicationA2447410-9D7E-4603-BA64-6EECED199187tmpE901...jpg

I thought the Minnie kissing Mickey was perfect for us since we will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary. I already decorated my band since I bought these cute little vinyls on Etsy.

thumbnail_privatevarmobileContainersDataApplicationA2447410-9D7E-4603-BA64-6EECED199187tmp7555...jpg
thumbnail_privatevarmobileContainersDataApplicationA2447410-9D7E-4603-BA64-6EECED199187tmpFE43...jpg

My favorites! Walt & Mickey & Figment!
Now on to the packing!

heatherhy01

Original Poster
FOUR DAYS!!! 4 DAYS!!! ONLY 4 MORE DAYS!!!!

Can you tell I am excited??

Not too much to report. My bags are already packed. Savannah & Hubby tend to pack VERY last minute. I even got my nails done for the occasion:

thumbnail_privatevarmobileContainersDataApplicationEB3F59D2-7BB8-49AE-9CFF-47DC890C8059tmp355D...jpg

If the background in the above picture looks upside down, well that is because it is!! I had to flip the pic to show you Minnie right side up!!

Anywho, I may not be back on before I leave. I am going to try my hand at a somewhat live TR? Maybe I will just update every evening?? We shall see?

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom