Upcoming Fantasyland ReDesign

tazhughes

If this were to all come about, would they put the SW rollercoaster in the 20k spot and replace SW's Scary Adventure? If that were the case, then I would assume that BATB would go in SW's current location and LM would go by the grotto? If that were the paln it does not seem that space would be an issue, since it would really only be 2 rides into the 20k spot which clearly there is enough room for, even without removing Pooh's playground. (Which btw I hope they don't it is a great spot for the toddler set to run around and burn some steam after waiting in lines).

nolatron

still, two new dark rides and a coaster seems like a tight squeeze for the old 20k plot. Ecspecially if these are going to be fully immerive experiences. I assume the Pixie Hollow area would fit better over by PPF and IASW in the old Skyway building, but I am just guessing here.

The lagoon itself may be small, but there's a lot of empty space behind (possibly still).

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...0&scene=5219454&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

EDIT: Hah, someone posted the same thing almost just a few minutes ago while I was getting the link.

krankenstein

I don't remember who posted it or when it was posted, but there used to be a picture floating around on he boards which showed that both Space Mountain and Splash Mountain could fit in the 20K plot. The area of land is a lot bigger than it appears.

NewfieFan

Haven't we heard a "strong" rumor before about a Little Mermaid type attraction coming to MK!?! I would love to see more Little Mermaid added - I know they have the meet 'n greet but the kids (especially the girls) are still very into the Little Mermaid. I think an attraction would bring a lot of attention!

And yes, leave Pooh's Playful Spot! The little ones so need it and enjoy it. I don't think it's harming anyone by leaving it alone!

kelsar

I think the idea would be to remove Pooh's Playful Spot as well as Ariel's Grotto. With a Little Mermaid dark ride, there would be no need for a complete separate Ariel attraction/spot. They might also use that area that seems to contain a small parking lot.

All wild speculation, to be sure, but it's fun to imagine!

WildLodgeFan

Here is hoping that these Blue Sky dreams get the green light. I would love for Fantasyland to get some love and pay tribute to the Second Golden Age of Disney Animation with a great nod to the first full length one!

coasterphil

This really made me laugh:

"We can only pray that Rasulo doesn't intend on cloning every one of these concepts for every other park... that would be a way for him to squeeze the fun out of this ambitious proposal. He's like a physic vampire with the ability to suck creativity out of the soul of WDI."

Skyway

I immediately came to the same conclusion-- if a Snow White coaster is built, the current dark-ride could be replaced (and I would imagine of all the FL attractions, it would be the least missed)

My question-- how big is that (barely used) counter service restaurant next to SWSA? Could the kitchen be removed to expand the SWSA attraction space for a new dark ride like BatB?

I understand this this is all "blue sky", and I gotta say, I'm doubtful ALL of this will happen.

There's a reason the MK had not gotten an expensive E-Ticket since 1992's Splash Mountain- the park doesn't need to spend the money to draw crowds. The string of C-tickets they've added (Philharmagic, Stitch, MLF) has been enough to draw consistantly high attendance.

Im sure someday that formula will need to change. For one thing, they're running out of MK attraction space that can be "refreshed" (I see only the Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, Country Bears, and Carousel of Progress buildings as remaining real estate where a C-Ticket could be cheaply installed) Also, as another generation passes, they'll need something big and new to keep the park fresh.

Of the rumors, I would imagine the Little Mermaid would be the most likely candidate since its also being built at DCA and could (relatively) cheaply be duplicated.

I think the most unlikely candidate would be a facelift of the exteriors. I find nothing wrong with the medieval faire look. While a DL-esque European Village theme would be nice, it would also resemble much of Epcot (which was the inspiration for the DL version since both projects were built simultaneously) Unlike the 1994 Tomorrowland facelift, FL is not dated. Realistically speaking, I do not see how an exterior facelift would be money well spent for Disney, when that capital could be given towards a promotable new attraction.

imagineer boy

Will fantseyland be getting a facelift during all this? I'd love to see all the outdated "midevil fair" theming go away and more themeing around a fairy tale village is added like Disneyland's.

As for the 20k area, I think they should add a Mary Poppins dark ride. I'd take that any day over the little mermaid. And then they could use the rest of that area for Toon Town expansion.

This sounds great and I would love it to be true but I will remain cautious about believing it for now! You would think that in terms of expansion, MK would be fourth in line behind the others - Epcot needs a big attraction to eat up some of the Soarin/Test Track crowds, AK still needs a bit more and the smart money seems to suggest DHS will be getting at least another two or three major attractions in the coming years - but like I said, I'd love it to be true! MK needs some stuff to freshen it up, I think.

The Empress Lilly

This sounds awesome and would be even more cooler if it came true. The only major area (I found) for new attractions to Fantasyland would be behind Pooh's Playful Spot. There is a little narrow area you could create a walkway (between Ariel's Meet & Greet and Pooh's Playful Spot) which then leads you to a huge open area that is big enough for those ideas.

I did this little map it explain it better:

Room-for-more.png

(Image from Google Earth)

Anyone think that might be plausible? Just an idea... :shrug:
That seems certainly plausible. :)

And there is also a whole stretch of land going all the way to the railroad that is barely used, except for a service road and 'whatever it is they have there to keep this park running'. There's enough space to build two whole new lands. Florida's Magic Kingdom was conceived on a grand scale. ;)

Then, if one compares 'our' Park with the Fantasylands and extensions of California and Paris...
Both are filled up with rides, attractions and sights that make any Disney fan drool. :cry:

But one can hope! For one thing, a renovated FL, like they did in California, and combined with two or three great new rides will blow away anything that they could possibly build in Potterland. :D

flbo4.jpg

PKD

The only thing they're getting for "Pixie Hallow" is the meet and greet room itself. It's going to look like you're the size of a pixie in this giant forest, but it's still not going to be as extravagant as the blog makes it out to be

In the mean time, Tinkerbelle and her fairy friends will have a meet & greet in Toon Town with the shrinking hallway. This is scheduled to open in October as long as the movie doesn't get pushed, again.

disney9752

Coaster is Snow White (seems odd) and a BatB attraction was mentioned which may or may not be a dark ride. Fantasyland needs this kind of upgrade but so does Tomorrowland. Only time will tell. Seems very Blue Sky to me but I would love to see the whole land updated.

As for if there is enough room for several new attractions, there is an amazing amount of space available. If they were to expand behind IASW, and use all of the old 20K spot (and the area behind that) they could fit just about anything. I realize there are backstage facilities but those can be reconfigured/removed. There is really enough space to add a whole new "land" if they were so inclined. Check google earth and you will see it is a loooooong way back to the railroad tracks. This rumor seems quite plausible.

ummm that loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to the wdwrr is a very big "fall out" area for fireworks which launch behind all those trees.:hammer:

Rosso11

My question-- how big is that (barely used) counter service restaurant next to SWSA? Could the kitchen be removed to expand the SWSA attraction space for a new dark ride like BatB?

No there's definitly not enough room back there. Even if you took out the old Lumiers Kitchen there are stairs and elevators directly behind it.

Rob562

It would be very difficult to expand Fantasyland all the way back to the railroad tracks as some people have suggested. First, there's the backstage access to the Utilidors. If anything, they'd have to be able and willing to EXPAND the Utilidors under the new sections of Fantasyland. (And to those who mention the little parking lot behind Ariel's Grotto, what's not visible in the aerial photos is that those are one floor down at the level of the Utilidors. They're not level with Fantasyland).

The second issue with expanding to the railroad tracks is that the current wooded area is a fallout area from the fireworks. The tracks are about halfway between the backstage access road (where it runs east-west) and the fireworks launch pad. I don't know what kind of closures they have along that access road during Wishes, but it surely would mean that large sections of this new part of Fantasyland would have to be closed before, during and after the fireworks, much in the same way that Toontown is closed at Disneyland. The 20K site might even be within the fallout zone, but they could get around this by having anything within the zone be an enclosed building with no open Guest walkways.

-Rob

PKD

That seems certainly plausible. :)

And there is also a whole stretch of land going all the way to the railroad that is barely used, except for a service road and 'whatever it is they have there to keep this park running'. There's enough space to build two whole new lands. Florida's Magic Kingdom was conceived on a grand scale. ;)

The service road you are speaking about is how you get into the Utilidors

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom