Upcoming Cuts Coming to Disneyland Resort

wityblack

Original Poster
I recently read an article about some of the defunded projects at Walt Disney World, that being the Star Wars Hotel and the Epcot Spine Project, in order to have the money to finish up Ratatouille, Guardians, and Tron. I guarantee that cuts will be coming to Disneyland. Does anyone have any information on DLR cuts? I assume that the five major things on the chopping block would be the Coco ride, the Tomorrowland Refurb, SW:GE updates (table service, new missions for Millennium Falcon, entertainment additions), Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, and the Avenger's E-ticket. WDW has many more projects in progress than DLR, is it possible for WDW to take money from the DL budget to finish them, or will all funding be kept separate? If the former is the case, I could imagine essentially everything being cancelled at DL to finish things up at WDW, once again leaving Disneyland with the short end of the stick. Let me know your thoughts, and discuss any information you may have on upcoming cuts to the Disneyland Resort.

mccgavin

While I do believe there will indeed be big cuts, if you are referring to the article by BlogMickey for specifics I would take it with a grain of salt. He's know for being... quite unreliable at times.

Lilofan

While I do believe there will indeed be big cuts, if you are referring to the article by BlogMickey for specifics I would take it with a grain of salt. He's know for being... quite unreliable at times.
Click on the Orlando newscast in the article. Layoffs are happening.

fctiger

Wait when was there a Coco ride announced???

But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know cuts will be coming. Frankly they don't have a choice. Even when the parks do open up again its going to probably take months for them to get back to normal attendance. The only thing we can hope for is that too many CMS don't lose their jobs altogether and the projects they at least started on will be finished even if delayed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom