Unusual things to do outside the parks

BeachMouse

Original Poster
What’s you favorite thing to do outside the parks?
have a trip coming up and looking for different things to do on resorts days
thanks

nickys

Premium Member
Free or paid?

Resort hop, especially if you’re going during the Holidays
Mini golf, foot golf
Archery, horse-riding, carriage rides (at FW or POR), kayaking, Segway tour and the Tri-circle ranch all at FW
Surrey bike hire at BW and OKW, may be other places; bike hire too
Ride all the transportation - boats to/from DS and OKW, POR, POFQ and Friendship boats from DHS to Epcot; Skyliner; Monorail through Epcot
Boat hire (Bay Lake, Crescent Lake, Seven Seas Lagoon)
Scavenger hunts at some resorts like WL
At WL visit the Carolwood Pacific room for the model trains
Animal watching at AKL
Movies under the Stars
Craft activities at the Community Halls (AKL, BLT, BW, OKW (?), SSR

BeachMouse

Original Poster
Free or paid?

Resort hop, especially if you’re going during the Holidays
Mini golf, foot golf
Archery, horse-riding, carriage rides (at FW or POR), kayaking, Segway tour and the Tri-circle ranch all at FW
Surrey bike hire at BW and OKW, may be other places; bike hire too
Ride all the transportation - boats to/from DS and OKW, POR, POFQ and Friendship boats from DHS to Epcot; Skyliner; Monorail through Epcot
Boat hire (Bay Lake, Crescent Lake, Seven Seas Lagoon)
Scavenger hunts at some resorts like WL
At WL visit the Carolwood Pacific room for the model trains
Animal watching at AKL
Movies under the Stars
Craft activities at the Community Halls (AKL, BLT, BW, OKW (?), SSR
Dont mind paid we rented a pontoon boat once at the Grand Floridan and it was fun.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Outdoor movies at many resorts -- my favorite is at Fort Wilderness, as there is a campfire singalong to go with it.
Wagon ride at Fort Wilderness.
The Aerophile tethered balloon at Disney Springs was surprisingly enjoyable.
Use Disney Transport -- the Sassagoula river boats are particularly pleasant at night.
See the Electrical Water Pageant.

JIMINYCR

WE usually use time to Mini golf, tour other resorts weve never stayed at, animal watch at AKL, shop DS, tour FW area including the stables.
Go to one of the dinner theaters in the area that combine a show and meal if off property is the goal.

HouCuseChickie

My parents did a fishing excursion on one their recent trips. I can't remember if they went from the Poly or the Contemporary, but they had a really great time, the crew was super helpful/nice and caught a bunch of fish. It's all catch and release, but definitely something different for them at WDW.

dreday3

We plan to go to a park (probably DHS since staying Beach Club) and catch a bus to French Quarter. Look around, maybe get a beignet and then take the boat from there to Disney Springs! It's a nice, longish boat ride and we've always wanted to ride it.
Then shop/eat at Disney Springs and either take bus back to hotel or ride the boat again to Old Key West and look around there! Then from there take bus back to DHS and walk/boat back to Beach Club.

A fun way to spend a few hours I think.

Vegas Disney Fan

Dont mind paid we rented a pontoon boat once at the Grand Floridan and it was fun.
Renting the little boats used to be our favorite thing to do at WDW, we’re going to try the pontoon on our next trip but I don’t think it’ll be the pure laugh generator the little boats were.

I pray someday they’ll bring the little boats back but unfortunately I think that’s become another thing of the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom