Unpopular WDW Opinions

peterwendy

I’m sure this might’ve been posted already but I’m not reading 34 pages right now....

Unpopular opinon: I really dislike Pandora & think the only good thing is flight of passage.
The whole land is just slightly foreign looking plant and “bioluminescence” at night which I feel they could’ve amped up tenfold

Animaniac93-98

I absolutely hate walking through Fantasyland. I feel like I am getting fried every time I'm in it. Epcot isn't that much fun either.

Any else feel this way or am I the only one?

The individual pavilions/countries at Epcot are good for shade and AC, but because they're so spread out walking between them when it's super hot/humid or pouring rain isn't so much fun.

Trackmaster

Again, the actual attendance numbers don't back up your assertion. Last time the attendance numbers were given (granted not by Disney, but still) Hollywood Studios was the only one to see a decrease in attendance. The other 3 saw increases, and Epcot was on par with Animal Kingdom, and both were ahead of HollyWood studios. Only MK was ahead of the pack by a substantial amount, like it always is.

You might be right. Last Friday I was going to go after work, but I saw that I was going to miss my first two FP+, and when I went to switch them everything was blacked out except for one or two very, very minor rides so I just skipped the park altogether. So maybe I've just been lucky with the first two visits.

Andrew M

Not sure if this is unpopular but I hear a lot of people say that Animal Kingdom is the hottest park. I disagree with this, I feel like it's the best park to find shade and hide yourself from the sun if you need to.
?

It's funny you mention that, we went the first summer it was open. It was obviously hot out and alot of the trees had not filled in yet, it was absolutely disgusting there with almost nothing to shelter you from the sun. My aunt still refuses to go back to that park after that experience.

Since then I've only been to WDW between October and March, so I haven't had a chance to experience it in the real heat, but the trees have definitely filled in in 20 years and there is alot of shade.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
There’s lots of shade because of the trees but all that foliage makes it more humid than the other parks, so while you might not be in direct sunlight you’ll sweating a bit more plus it FEELS a few degrees warmer thanks to that stickiness.

I guess I never noticed the humidity. Past few times I went was in March and October so it was that humid out.

It's funny you mention that, we went the first summer it was open. It was obviously hot out and alot of the trees had not filled in yet, it was absolutely disgusting there with almost nothing to shelter you from the sun. My aunt still refuses to go back to that park after that experience.

Since then I've only been to WDW between October and March, so I haven't had a chance to experience it in the real heat, but the trees have definitely filled in in 20 years and there is alot of shade.

Oh geez, well its definitely changed since then. Hopefully she can make it back.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You could be totally right there, Mike. All I know is the stuff I can find in the Dallas area is pretty danged good, but the Flame Tree is pretty tasty as well.

Pecan Lodge and Hard Eights both rock. Smoke ain't bad either.........but being a Florida guy - I'm not really inundated with great BBQ around here.

Animaniac93-98

WDW has the best Small World for not having the Disney characters and looking more like Mary Blair's original styling than DLP.

WDW Fantasmic is also better now than DLR because it doesn't have the newer soundtrack and that Pocahontas battle scene is amusing in the "they'll never do this again" way.

Paper straw fan

The polite pig is way overrated. I’ve got a fairly refined pallet for Q, and PP is just greasy and fatty. The sides are ok but still on the oily/greasy side. Just not worth the line out of the building I see often there.

If it’s open, I hear they put a 4 Rivers BBQ inside Wide world of sports. This is far superior BBQ to Polite Pig, and maybe worth the visit to WWOS alone one day for lunch.

disneyfireman

Strollers should be limited to single-seat umbrella-style and carts, wagons and roll-about coolers should be banned, along with ECVs.

Unpopular as those ideas will be, people will still come and the parks will be crowded.
Ban strollers. For sure. Bring your own maybe but no Disney supplied. And the same with the ever taken advantage of ecv’s. If you REALLY need one. Bring it. Disney should get out of providing it. I’m sure 90% of people that use one don’t really need it. And if one does need one. Then I’m all for mobility. But we all know how taken advantage of they are.

Andrew M

Strollers should be limited to single-seat umbrella-style and carts, wagons and roll-about coolers should be banned, along with ECVs.

So strictly from a logistics point of view, how would two parents be able to bring 3 stroller-age children in the park? No double strollers would exponentially increase the amount of 'ITS MY TURN TO SIT IN THE STROLLER' meltdowns.

Alohaholi

Oh, this should be fun....

• Scooters should be banned
  • All forms of admission should be doubled in price (and then tripled if crowds don't diminish)
  • Buses should be upgraded to coaches and a fee could charged to keep lines down
  • If you have kids, you are not allowed to come to the park without (unless they insist)
  • Adults at MK without kids is weird (there are very rare exceptions)
  • Dole Whips are meh
  • Children should not be allowed to board parents shoulders right before a parade starts
  • Pirates of the Caribbean ride should change with the times to be less offensive to people
  • Soarin is meh
  • Universal is just as good as WDW, overall.
  • I have no problem with strollers
HA!! Those are great!

Trackmaster

So strictly from a logistics point of view, how would two parents be able to bring 3 stroller-age children in the park? No double strollers would exponentially increase the amount of 'ITS MY TURN TO SIT IN THE STROLLER' meltdowns.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that if a kid isn't mature enough to walk on their own that they also would probably be too young to really get the benefit of a several thousand dollar vacation investment? If its just about them getting tired... we all get tired. Doesn't matter how old you are.

Trackmaster

Oh, this should be fun....

• Scooters should be banned
  • All forms of admission should be doubled in price (and then tripled if crowds don't diminish)
  • Buses should be upgraded to coaches and a fee could charged to keep lines down
  • If you have kids, you are not allowed to come to the park without (unless they insist)
  • Adults at MK without kids is weird (there are very rare exceptions)
  • Dole Whips are meh
  • Children should not be allowed to board parents shoulders right before a parade starts
  • Pirates of the Caribbean ride should change with the times to be less offensive to people
  • Soarin is meh
  • Universal is just as good as WDW, overall.
  • I have no problem with strollers

Disney could probably successfully drive crowds out by keeping single day admission the same, or 10% higher at most, but jacking up AP and multi-day ticket costs up. Giving generous economy of scale discounts may make sense when you're struggling to get people into your park, but when its packed, there's no point in giving discounts for buying in volume. Just tweak the pricing strategies so that people pay more closely to a per day multiplier, and make the priority of the AP's to have better perks but be more expensive -- so its less about the free admission, and more about membership perks.

And I think parents are weird for spending thousands of dollars to take their 4 year old on a dream vacation that they won't remember or care about -- when $10 to go to a local Jeepers would have sufficed.

Andrew M

Wouldn't it stand to reason that if a kid isn't mature enough to walk on their own that they also would probably be too young to really get the benefit of a several thousand dollar vacation investment? If its just about them getting tired... we all get tired. Doesn't matter how old you are.

Well anyone under 3 is free, so cost isn't prohibitive there. If young kids say 4-6 are into Disney, know the rides and characters (and the difference between being at the Magic Kingdom and the local amusement park), I'd say you'd get your money's worth just watching them enjoy it. As for the strollers, they're just 1/2 our size, so whatever distance we walk is essentially doubled for them. With an average day in the park at say 8 miles, I'll gladly push them around in a stroller so they can enjoy the park without walking a half marathon.

disneyfireman

And no 3 year old should be in a strollers. That’s just lazy parenting. And a lazy kid. You never saw so many strollers in the 70’s and 80’s it’s ridiculous now. Next thing is kid leashes. Those are ridiculous also.

erasure fan1

And I think parents are weird for spending thousands of dollars to take their 4 year old on a dream vacation that they won't remember or care about -- when $10 to go to a local Jeepers would have sufficed.
My answer, absolutely not. We took both of our kids at just over 1yr old. Will they remember? No chance. But guess who will. We will, and so will grandma and grandpa. We did it because we like to go too. I've been going for 30 plus years. Now if I didn't like going, I would wait until they are older and do that "everyone has to do it once" trip. We have some of the best video and pictures from those trips that you can only get once.

drizgirl

And no 3 year old should be in a strollers. That’s just lazy parenting. And a lazy kid. You never saw so many strollers in the 70’s and 80’s it’s ridiculous now. Next thing is kid leashes. Those are ridiculous also.
So you let your 3 year old walk in Disney instead of using a stroller?

We never used a leash, but without a stroller I'd probably be tempted to use one at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom